Bullnose Forums

Sway bars on a ........

Bump but using newer bars and wonder if this could be done on ours?

His rear axle looks to be a 9" but I think what he pulled the bars from had a 8.8 rear?

I don't know if the front tires clear the bar or not also wonder if this setup could work on ours?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1629126-added-sway-bars-to-my-bump.html

edit to add from the above link "I found a late 90s Ford Expedition with front and rear bars "

Dave ----

His rear axle looks to be a 9" but I think what he pulled the bars from had a 8.8 rear?

I don't know if the front tires clear the bar or not also wonder if this setup could work on ours?

Dave,

You can install front and rear swaybars from any other F150 right up until 1996. They literally bolt right in.

I know you could make the 8.8 brackets fit a 9" without any issue (or just make new brackets).

By comparison, you will find way WAY more swaybars on the 1987-1996 trucks than you ever will on a Bullnose.

Next time I'm at Chris's place we could pull a swaybar off an 8.8 and see how close the brackets will fit on a 9" rearend. I know he has that stuff laying around.

I took the set that came of my parts donor 1990 F250 and put them on Darth, it does make a difference in handling.

Front bar:

Rear bar:

Did the front beam / spring mount part also come from the 250?

The 250 bars might be a little to large for a 100 / 150 but is nice to know the newer bars could work.

The rear bar pictures don't all show up but it looks like the bar goes in front of the axle and not behind like the other or did I see either one wrong?

Thanks

Dave ----

Dave,

You can install front and rear swaybars from any other F150 right up until 1996. They literally bolt right in.

I know you could make the 8.8 brackets fit a 9" without any issue (or just make new brackets).

By comparison, you will find way WAY more swaybars on the 1987-1996 trucks than you ever will on a Bullnose.

Next time I'm at Chris's place we could pull a swaybar off an 8.8 and see how close the brackets will fit on a 9" rearend. I know he has that stuff laying around.

Cory,

That would be nice to know for the members wanting to do F/R sway bars, I would like to know too :nabble_smiley_evil:

I do have a question for you as I think you have F/R bars does the rear bar go in front of or behind the housing and if behind how much room ..... I forget no rear tank on your truck. Still like to know where it goes.

Why I want to look more into this because of this in the link he said

more stabile feel, especially at freeway speeds. Road bumps no longer feel like they will throw the truck into the next lane

And that is kind of what my truck feels like when you hit a bump at speed, bump steer, but I cant see the factory letting the trucks go with it? I know where most of the bumps are on the way to work and good think it is vary early and not a lot of people out or they would think I was DWI moving around to miss the bumps :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Did the front beam / spring mount part also come from the 250?

The 250 bars might be a little to large for a 100 / 150 but is nice to know the newer bars could work.

The rear bar pictures don't all show up but it looks like the bar goes in front of the axle and not behind like the other or did I see either one wrong?

Thanks

Dave ----

The front mount was ordered from Green Sales and is the correct one for the 1986 F250/350 (might fit the 150). The rear goes in front of the axle and kicks up over the front, the outer ends sit outside the frame which is what the last picture is showing. I am seeing all 5 pictures on my end even with our currently abysmal internet service.

The front mount was ordered from Green Sales and is the correct one for the 1986 F250/350 (might fit the 150). The rear goes in front of the axle and kicks up over the front, the outer ends sit outside the frame which is what the last picture is showing. I am seeing all 5 pictures on my end even with our currently abysmal internet service.

Thanks for the reply.

They do look like the same as used on the 100/150 trucks and why I asked if they also came from the truck the bars came from.

Dave ----

Thanks for the reply.

They do look like the same as used on the 100/150 trucks and why I asked if they also came from the truck the bars came from.

Dave ----

The ones on that truck (1990 F250) were part of the lower spring seat seen here:

P3060147a.thumb.jpg.731ba431a18ba9c3ddf2955171fbeee7.jpg

Cory,

That would be nice to know for the members wanting to do F/R sway bars, I would like to know too :nabble_smiley_evil:

I do have a question for you as I think you have F/R bars does the rear bar go in front of or behind the housing and if behind how much room ..... I forget no rear tank on your truck. Still like to know where it goes.

Dave,

Rear bar is in front of the rear axle and has a curve that goes up and over the rear diff. See below. The bar's and the end links are all the same...all that changed were the brackets that mount to the axle tubes, and I'm sure you could modify the 8.8 brackets to fit the 9" rear (or simply fabricate new brackets).

IMG_7079.jpg.e1093964b7c5590b37dac30bc87f3bb9.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg.fb843c3c39490f9f6e3e57bd72271fbc.jpg

Cory,

Dave,

Rear bar is in front of the rear axle and has a curve that goes up and over the rear diff. See below. The bar's and the end links are all the same...all that changed were the brackets that mount to the axle tubes, and I'm sure you could modify the 8.8 brackets to fit the 9" rear (or simply fabricate new brackets).

Cory,

Thanks for the picture, yours and Bill both go in front where the link shows it behind.

The link also did not come from a pick up so wonder if that has something to do with it?

I am also guessing Bill's bars a bigger being they came off a 250 where I think yours were off a Bronco? or 150 pick up.

Dave ----