Bullnose Forums

!000 Questions

Jim may not be back quickly to tell you, but you've done what he thought you might have done. The fuse links belong on the battery side of the relay, not the starter side.Doing it your way you have no power in the cab with which to pull in the relay. Move the fuse links over and I'll bet it works.
Thanks Gary that does make sense. I'm going out to try it shortly. I will be in touch. Doug 
Doug Schouten

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:39 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

If we're going there, I want to thank Natalie for letting you do your thing as well! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:
Yep!As for Janey, she said she thinks you guys are sharing me with her. :nabble_anim_confused:
I don't know what part of the country you are in but rain sounds awesome. Phoenix has a severe weather warning out for apossible 118 degrees today. When I moved here in 1984 we had a 122 degree day, closed Sky Harbor Airport. When I left Iowa and loaded a truck with the wind and cold is was 103-106 below zero that is wind chill. You had to cover your mouth,nose,eyes because if you walked into the wind they would freeze shut within seconds. So I can handle the heat better than the cold.
Doug Schouten

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:53 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'm in Okiehoma, near Tulsa. We've see 114 above and 14 below, real temp. And I've seen 30 below "feel like" temps. But all of those are very, very rare.

Yesterday and today we had a very welcome thunderstorm that has kept the temps in the mid 80's both days. But it was supposed to be about 100.

I'm going to be out by the truck at 5:30 am right now it is over a 100 degrees yet

and I will be trying your new info. Thank you so much, I will be in touch. Doug

Doug, welcome to the crowd, I live up by Prescott Valley. You will find some smart folks here and two of them are helping you now. Just to add to what they have going, this is what a properly wired starter relay looks like, the battrey cable and all of the fuesable links on the forward, large terminal, small wire in the top terminal and the starter cable only on the rear, large terminal.starter_relay.jpg.73a151774aba34286a55b58012349a15.jpg

First and for most I would like to thank everyone on the input for my Truck and a little more to Gary and Jim. I feel kind of dumb because when I took it apart and back together, I didn't remove the old one till I had the new one, but still my mistake on wires. But the main thing here is, it is FIXED. So again thank you all, and now I only have 999 questions. Doug Schouten

First and for most I would like to thank everyone on the input for my Truck and a little more to Gary and Jim. I feel kind of dumb because when I took it apart and back together, I didn't remove the old one till I had the new one, but still my mistake on wires. But the main thing here is, it is FIXED. So again thank you all, and now I only have 999 questions. Doug Schouten

Doug, I'm really glad you found a simple and cost free solution to your relay problem. :nabble_smiley_good:

We're all here to help one another.

I appreciate the thanks, but the reward is in solving members problems.

I'm happy it is FIXED! :nabble_anim_claps:

And, while thanks are appreciated, we are here to help others and get help for ourselves. We are all in this together.