Bullnose Forums

!000 Questions

Thanks Gary, The first thing I did when the truck and the starter stopped was to disconnect the cables from the battery and put on a slow charge battery charger. Then I ordered a starter relay and when it came I put it on and yes two of the smaller wires that went to the relay had fusible links in the line and i tested them with a meter and by pressing a pin through the coating as the Bullnose Bible says and they tested good. So now the battery has a charge of right around 12.5 volts and the replay is in place and I hooked up the cables neg last. hopped in turned the key. Well nothing happened no dome light, It is like I took out the battery and left it out. Phoenix AZ. 85007

Douglas - You might want to edit your post and take out the address. I don't want my address out on the internet. But that's your call.

Anyway, on the issue you are having, it sounds like one of your battery cables is bad. Put your volt meter's positive cable on the battery-side stud on the starter relay and the negative lead on the engine block. Do you have power? Does it go away when you turn the key to Start?

Douglas - You might want to edit your post and take out the address. I don't want my address out on the internet. But that's your call.

Anyway, on the issue you are having, it sounds like one of your battery cables is bad. Put your volt meter's positive cable on the battery-side stud on the starter relay and the negative lead on the engine block. Do you have power? Does it go away when you turn the key to Start?

I'm going to be out by the truck at 5:30 am right now it is over a 100 degrees yet

and I will be trying your new info. Thank you so much, I will be in touch. Doug

Also connect from some point of the engine block and the battery negative post.

Actuate the starter and see if you get a voltage spike.

This will show if the ground cable has resistance.

Both sides need to function for a complete circuit.

Also connect from some point of the engine block and the battery negative post.

Actuate the starter and see if you get a voltage spike.

This will show if the ground cable has resistance.

Both sides need to function for a complete circuit.

If this is the case [bad ground cable], take one jumper cable and attach to the negative battery post with the opposite end attached to the engine block [or alternator bracket]. If the engine now turns over when key is used, you will know the current cable/connections are bad.

If this is the case [bad ground cable], take one jumper cable and attach to the negative battery post with the opposite end attached to the engine block [or alternator bracket]. If the engine now turns over when key is used, you will know the current cable/connections are bad.

Good idea, David. But you could do the same on the positive cable as well.

How's that going to work if your entire engine is powder coated??? 🤔

In a word, "poorly". Which has me wondering if that 3G you sent me is gonna work. But at least I'll have plenty of battery power for breaking in the cam if it doesn't.

How's that going to work if your entire engine is powder coated??? 🤔

In a word, "poorly". Which has me wondering if that 3G you sent me is gonna work. But at least I'll have plenty of battery power for breaking in the cam if it doesn't.

If it were mine is probably attach the lifting 'eyes' bare metal (or galvanized/plated) and make sure I had good ground beneath them.

You could put your favorite silver goo to keep rust at bay.

At least then you'd have convenient ground for diagnostics