Bullnose Forums

Tunning a DE-SWADJ3 to 5.4 volts

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen! I've broken two of those rascals because the stud rotated.

Put me down for 1 also :nabble_smiley_cry:

I was going to send it out to be re-wired for a volt gauge (rocket man) but he will not use it from what I seen on his site.

I thought the IVR was held to the body of the cluster with a screw?

Is the replacement you got not bolt that way? If so then hot glue works for me.

Dave ----

Amen! I've broken two of those rascals because the stud rotated.

Got it cleaned up yesterday, forgot how long the vinegar smell last, Tricky to remove the blue caps so i could use the blue LED's, I will see how they look. And I got the needles painted .

Now that I have an extra Amp meter, think I will get it converted to a volt meter. I need to look for that post. and last find a good place to secure the new DE-SWADJ3. I'm kind of leaning toward the pocket behind the blank tack face.

David

Got it cleaned up yesterday, forgot how long the vinegar smell last, Tricky to remove the blue caps so i could use the blue LED's, I will see how they look. And I got the needles painted .

Now that I have an extra Amp meter, think I will get it converted to a volt meter. I need to look for that post. and last find a good place to secure the new DE-SWADJ3. I'm kind of leaning toward the pocket behind the blank tack face.

David

What did you paint the needles with? Meaning what paint did you use?

As for the ammeter, that's included in this page: Electrical/3G Conversion. But it may not have everything you need to tell you how to wire up the voltmeter. So, please let me know 'bout that.

What did you paint the needles with? Meaning what paint did you use?

As for the ammeter, that's included in this page: Electrical/3G Conversion. But it may not have everything you need to tell you how to wire up the voltmeter. So, please let me know 'bout that.

When I did the first instrument cluster I asked Pete what paint he had used and he suggested Painters Orange in a tube.20180317_085117.jpg.a3e649217ee15b13fb10a2fcbd1c338f.jpg

And apply very very light, looks good in the day, but I have not seen it at night because of the issues I thought were with the DE-SWADJ3

20180317_085218.jpg.7ece22b9d4c5b79a6acd2d168dfcb3f7.jpg

David

When I did the first instrument cluster I asked Pete what paint he had used and he suggested Painters Orange in a tube.

And apply very very light, looks good in the day, but I have not seen it at night because of the issues I thought were with the DE-SWADJ3

David

They do look good. But my Testors paint doesn't glow at night like they apparently did originally, so I'm going to try the HiPo stuff.

They do look good. But my Testors paint doesn't glow at night like they apparently did originally, so I'm going to try the HiPo stuff.

Let us know how that HiPo paint works for you, Gary, I'm interested in true, glow-in-the-dark orange paint. :)

Let us know how that HiPo paint works for you, Gary, I'm interested in true, glow-in-the-dark orange paint. :)

Will do. I'm going to re-write the page on needle painting to include Bill O'Neil's information about paint weight and fluorescence. And, since he's sending me some of his new dash-specific LED's to test, I'm going to include info on lighting, how to clean the filters and why they are there, etc.

Will do. I'm going to re-write the page on needle painting to include Bill O'Neil's information about paint weight and fluorescence. And, since he's sending me some of his new dash-specific LED's to test, I'm going to include info on lighting, how to clean the filters and why they are there, etc.

I put it all back in last evening and relined a couple of the Led's, to get all the lights working. I did not have the cover on so it's very bright

20180317_114046.jpg.cc63c7d2fa386afa8e4f79a1f3cb6564.jpg

This was taken with the parking lights on, when i pulled the headlights on the dash lights went out. 3 or 4 times same results(slow learner) This is a new light switch installed last summer when I was looking for the short. So out comes the switch to test, and according to the 1981 EVTM tested just as it should.

When the headlights are on are the parking lights on also?

While I sort this out this is how i ended up mounting the DE, behind the blank tack cover

20180317_114212.jpg.c55513309cd460449314f21dc281220c.jpg

20180317_114259.jpg.0f66563126815f19b9a4ca26018d9c74.jpg

I left the old ICVR in place and hot glued the terminals on top of the old ones.