Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We've immortalized Luke's Big Blackie: Picture Galleries/Big Blackie. I think there are more pics that we can add, soon.

I've added two pages in the last two days so Bill can help others:

• Cooling Systems/Elbows: That's what Ford calls the things that screw into the intake manifold to connect to the heater hose and provide fittings for temp senders.

• Engines/385 Series: This page actually existed but had very little on it. Bill wanted the part numbers for the oil filter adapter and some other associated parts, so I added illustrations & part #'s for them as well as the oil cooler.

I've added two pages in the last two days so Bill can help others:

• Cooling Systems/Elbows: That's what Ford calls the things that screw into the intake manifold to connect to the heater hose and provide fittings for temp senders.

• Engines/385 Series: This page actually existed but had very little on it. Bill wanted the part numbers for the oil filter adapter and some other associated parts, so I added illustrations & part #'s for them as well as the oil cooler.

Thanks to Vinny we have new Carter YF/YFA documentation: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Carter YFA 1BBL. See tab Exploded Views & Part #'s. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Vinny we have new Carter YF/YFA documentation: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Carter YFA 1BBL. See tab Exploded Views & Part #'s. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've realized that the only interior illustrations and part number info that I have is on page Interior/Rear Corner Trim. It has the Regular Cab trim illustration as well as some part number info. However, it doesn't have any info for SuperCabs, Crew Cabs, or Broncos. Nor does it have other trim info like carpet or dash insulators.

Given that, I've started a new page (Interior/Interior Trim) and have added illustrations for the missing things. And, I will transfer the part number info from the previous page as well as add part #'s for the newly-added items.

And, when that's done I'll hide the original page and redirect any links to the new page.

• 2 weeks later...

I've realized that the only interior illustrations and part number info that I have is on page Interior/Rear Corner Trim. It has the Regular Cab trim illustration as well as some part number info. However, it doesn't have any info for SuperCabs, Crew Cabs, or Broncos. Nor does it have other trim info like carpet or dash insulators.

Given that, I've started a new page (Interior/Interior Trim) and have added illustrations for the missing things. And, I will transfer the part number info from the previous page as well as add part #'s for the newly-added items.

And, when that's done I'll hide the original page and redirect any links to the new page.

Made some fairly significant additions to the website today. I'm using a new approach, which is to put the PDF's on the page using embedded HTML and linking to the documents on my Google drive. That does several things, but most importantly for the user is that it allows the full 600 bpi resolution to be seen. So, you can click the "pop-out" button to open a document on a new page and then zoom in up to 4 times to get "up close and personal" with the document without it becoming blurry.

But, please give it a try and let me know what you think of the new approach. And you could compare the 1982 F-Series brochure, which was done with just inserting pictures (jpg's), with the new 1983 F-Series brochure to see the difference between the old and new approaches.

Here are the additions:

1982 Dealer's Facts Organizer to the 1982 Literature page.

Addition of several things to the 1983 Literature page:

Made some fairly significant additions to the website today. I'm using a new approach, which is to put the PDF's on the page using embedded HTML and linking to the documents on my Google drive. That does several things, but most importantly for the user is that it allows the full 600 bpi resolution to be seen. So, you can click the "pop-out" button to open a document on a new page and then zoom in up to 4 times to get "up close and personal" with the document without it becoming blurry.

But, please give it a try and let me know what you think of the new approach. And you could compare the 1982 F-Series brochure, which was done with just inserting pictures (jpg's), with the new 1983 F-Series brochure to see the difference between the old and new approaches.

Here are the additions:

1982 Dealer's Facts Organizer to the 1982 Literature page.

Addition of several things to the 1983 Literature page:

Christmas in June 😀

“Thank-you Gary” is hardly enough... but Thank-you...

The files in Google drive work slick!!! I don’t know how that works on your end compared to hosting them on the website but the user experience seems great to me 👍

Christmas in June 😀

“Thank-you Gary” is hardly enough... but Thank-you...

The files in Google drive work slick!!! I don’t know how that works on your end compared to hosting them on the website but the user experience seems great to me 👍

Thanks! Learning to use Google Drive wasn't the easiest thing to do, but for my own edification as well as others, here's how it works:

• Put the file on your Google Drive. This can be a PDF, a Word doc, or whatever.

• Open your Google Drive in a web browser and go to that file

• Right-click on the file, click "Share", and change the permissions so that others can see it. I use "Anyone with the link can view:.

• Double-click the file, which opens it in the browser's window

• Click the three-dots icon in the upper right & open the file in a new window

• Click the three-dots icon in this window and click "Embed item".

• Copy the HTML code that's in the box

• Go to the page where it is to be displayed and paste the code. Note - if using Weebly you must paste it in an Embed Code element.

One advantage of this approach is that whatever changes I make to the document get reflected on the web page automagically. A disadvantage is that the Google Drive has to be maintained for the life of the website.

Thanks! Learning to use Google Drive wasn't the easiest thing to do, but for my own edification as well as others, here's how it works:

• Put the file on your Google Drive. This can be a PDF, a Word doc, or whatever.

• Open your Google Drive in a web browser and go to that file

• Right-click on the file, click "Share", and change the permissions so that others can see it. I use "Anyone with the link can view:.

• Double-click the file, which opens it in the browser's window

• Click the three-dots icon in the upper right & open the file in a new window

• Click the three-dots icon in this window and click "Embed item".

• Copy the HTML code that's in the box

• Go to the page where it is to be displayed and paste the code. Note - if using Weebly you must paste it in an Embed Code element.

One advantage of this approach is that whatever changes I make to the document get reflected on the web page automagically. A disadvantage is that the Google Drive has to be maintained for the life of the website.

I added the 1985/86 Carburetors and Fuel Charging Assembly Adjustments book to the website today: Fuel Systems/1985-86 Fuel System Adjustments. It is Ford's training manual for their tech's.