Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

I suspect it would be valid through 1991, after that they are electronic and the odometer is digital and has 7 places rather than 6 so you can get things like my buddy's 03 E250, over 600K displayed.

I added another page today: Electrical/Sending Units. Has the part numbers for the oil pressure and water/coolant temp sending units, as well as a link to the fuel level sending unit info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added another page today: Electrical/Sending Units. Has the part numbers for the oil pressure and water/coolant temp sending units, as well as a link to the fuel level sending unit info.

Made some changes to the website today. (Not the forum, but the larger website.) :nabble_anim_working:

First, I created a new Picture Galleries section and put the following in it:

• Dad's Truck: This also has sub-pages with info on the engine, seats, etc.

• Rusty: Several pics of the resurrection of this '81 F150.

Some may question why those aren't in the forum Pictures section, but the answer is simple - it is FAR easier to put them in picture galleries on the website since I can upload a whole folder full of pics with one click there. Instead, on the forum it takes several clicks per pic. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Then I added a page on the shroud that goes around the exhaust manifold to bring heat to the air cleaner at: Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Hot Air Shroud.

And, I added the rebuild instructions for the NP208 on the Driveline/Transfer Case page. Unfortunately I missed two pages when I was scanning, so I hope to fix that problem tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Made some changes to the website today. (Not the forum, but the larger website.) :nabble_anim_working:

Some may question why those aren't in the forum Pictures section, but the answer is simple - it is FAR easier to put them in picture galleries on the website since I can upload a whole folder full of pics with one click there. Instead, on the forum it takes several clicks per pic. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Then I added a page on the shroud that goes around the exhaust manifold to bring heat to the air cleaner at: Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Hot Air Shroud.

And, I added the rebuild instructions for the NP208 on the Driveline/Transfer Case page. Unfortunately I missed two pages when I was scanning, so I hope to fix that problem tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I added the two pages to the NP208 service instructions, so they are good to go.

I guess I see where I rate.

Picture albums.

I've been remiss at announcing the addition to the website of a couple more pages, with more on the way. That's 'cause Vinny sent me several TSB's and I'm adding them to the site as I can find time. The new pages are:

• Stall/No Start: A TSB on how to fix a TFI module that is causing a stall or no-start condition due to moisture.

The reason for the slowness is because I'm trying a new approach at posting things like this. For the most part the pdf's I'm sent are pictures of pages of text, and you can't search pictures. However, I have an OCR program that can turn pictures of text into text, and I'm running that against the pdf's. That takes a lot of my time to verify what the program finds. But, it means that as Google, Bing, and Yahoo crawl the site they'll find the actual text of the TSB's so others can find it when they need it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

I've been remiss at announcing the addition to the website of a couple more pages, with more on the way. That's 'cause Vinny sent me several TSB's and I'm adding them to the site as I can find time. The new pages are:

• Stall/No Start: A TSB on how to fix a TFI module that is causing a stall or no-start condition due to moisture.

The reason for the slowness is because I'm trying a new approach at posting things like this. For the most part the pdf's I'm sent are pictures of pages of text, and you can't search pictures. However, I have an OCR program that can turn pictures of text into text, and I'm running that against the pdf's. That takes a lot of my time to verify what the program finds. But, it means that as Google, Bing, and Yahoo crawl the site they'll find the actual text of the TSB's so others can find it when they need it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Added a couple more of Vinny's TSB's tonight:

• EEC-IV TSB's: This is a summary of all the TSB's for the 1983 - 87 vehicles using the EEC-IV system. This is a 26 page document that has seemingly every symptom you can imagine, a brief description of the fix, and the TSB # for the complete fix.

• Radio Ignition Noise: Were you aware that Ford had a multi-spark ignition module for 1984 - 86 4.9L engines? Check this out.

And, by the way, apparently "if you build it they will come" is correct. In the previous post, which was yesterday, I'd just created the page on EEC-IV Diagnostics. And in the last 24 hours that page has been viewed 95 times. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Added a couple more of Vinny's TSB's tonight:

• EEC-IV TSB's: This is a summary of all the TSB's for the 1983 - 87 vehicles using the EEC-IV system. This is a 26 page document that has seemingly every symptom you can imagine, a brief description of the fix, and the TSB # for the complete fix.

• Radio Ignition Noise: Were you aware that Ford had a multi-spark ignition module for 1984 - 86 4.9L engines? Check this out.

And, by the way, apparently "if you build it they will come" is correct. In the previous post, which was yesterday, I'd just created the page on EEC-IV Diagnostics. And in the last 24 hours that page has been viewed 95 times. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Added the last of Vinny's recent TSB's: 4.9L Exhaust Manifold Warping. This one is also OCR'd so Google will index it this evening and it should then be easily found.

Also, I updated the Documentation thread with the books I got in today from Mark/Dyn Blin (thanks again, Mark!) and the microfiche I ordered because of a link that David/1986F150Six sent me (thanks to you, David). And, I included some cross-reference books/catalogs that Bill/Numberdummy brought me last fall.

However, that leads me to something I recently added to the Documentation thread: "Note that this is not a list of documentation that is available to check out or share. Instead, it is intended to give us an idea who might be able to answer a question when it comes up - when asked by an active member of this forum." I added that because we aren't offering to give people the documentation as that would not be legal. Instead, we are offering to answer questions with the documentation. Further, my offer is to you, the members of this forum. I simply do not have the hours in the day to help everyone, so am limiting my offer to "active" members of this forum. But you can make your own call on whom you help.:nabble_smiley_wink:

Added the last of Vinny's recent TSB's: 4.9L Exhaust Manifold Warping. This one is also OCR'd so Google will index it this evening and it should then be easily found.

Also, I updated the Documentation thread with the books I got in today from Mark/Dyn Blin (thanks again, Mark!) and the microfiche I ordered because of a link that David/1986F150Six sent me (thanks to you, David). And, I included some cross-reference books/catalogs that Bill/Numberdummy brought me last fall.

However, that leads me to something I recently added to the Documentation thread: "Note that this is not a list of documentation that is available to check out or share. Instead, it is intended to give us an idea who might be able to answer a question when it comes up - when asked by an active member of this forum." I added that because we aren't offering to give people the documentation as that would not be legal. Instead, we are offering to answer questions with the documentation. Further, my offer is to you, the members of this forum. I simply do not have the hours in the day to help everyone, so am limiting my offer to "active" members of this forum. But you can make your own call on whom you help.:nabble_smiley_wink:

Added a TSB for the EMISSIONS MAINTENANCE WARNING MODULE. It is actually TSB 89-22-08 EMW/IMS Applications, and is on the page TSB's/EMW Module.