Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Folks - We have a new author - Bill Vose. He recently supplied me with info on several things and today I got it on the website. Check it out. And, if any of you wish to contribute, just let me know.

The carb info is under a tab called "Tips" and the auto tranny info is under "Identification & Adjustment".

Today I added a page and upgraded another:

• Fuel Systems/Fuel System Wiring: I am working on fuel system wiring diagrams so I can rewire Big Blue, and I needed a place to stash them. Voila, a new page. But, it isn't done. Bill has suggested that I add some others, and in truth there are others beyond his suggestions that should be added. So, I opened a can of worms. Or, created a big "opportunity", depending on your point of view. :nabble_anim_confused:

• Electrical/Windshield Wipers: This page has been in place for some time, but it lacked the how-to-upgrade bit. And, today Jim said something about shock and the delay module, repair, et al. So I decided that we needed a how-to on fixing the module, so took some pics and wrote it up. All because Jim mentioned it and had explained how to do it in a previous life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I added a page and upgraded another:

• Fuel Systems/Fuel System Wiring: I am working on fuel system wiring diagrams so I can rewire Big Blue, and I needed a place to stash them. Voila, a new page. But, it isn't done. Bill has suggested that I add some others, and in truth there are others beyond his suggestions that should be added. So, I opened a can of worms. Or, created a big "opportunity", depending on your point of view. :nabble_anim_confused:

• Electrical/Windshield Wipers: This page has been in place for some time, but it lacked the how-to-upgrade bit. And, today Jim said something about shock and the delay module, repair, et al. So I decided that we needed a how-to on fixing the module, so took some pics and wrote it up. All because Jim mentioned it and had explained how to do it in a previous life.

I updated the spare tire carrier (Exterior/Spare Tire Carrier) page to reflect my learnings today regarding the under-bed carriers. Apparently between 1982 and 1983 there was a change to the location where the front support for the carrier attaches to the frame. And that means that the 1983 - 86 carriers are 1 1/2" longer than the 1980 - 82 carriers.

I updated the spare tire carrier (Exterior/Spare Tire Carrier) page to reflect my learnings today regarding the under-bed carriers. Apparently between 1982 and 1983 there was a change to the location where the front support for the carrier attaches to the frame. And that means that the 1983 - 86 carriers are 1 1/2" longer than the 1980 - 82 carriers.

David sent me a note about a speedo, and I discovered I didn't have info on them. So I added a new page: Electrical/Gauges. This includes the part numbers as well as a blurb on troubleshooting the oil pressure, fuel level, and engine temp gauges.

And Bill asked for the factory instructions for removing and replacing a king pin, so I added them to a tab on the page on Front Suspension.

Next? :nabble_anim_working:

David sent me a note about a speedo, and I discovered I didn't have info on them. So I added a new page: Electrical/Gauges. This includes the part numbers as well as a blurb on troubleshooting the oil pressure, fuel level, and engine temp gauges.

And Bill asked for the factory instructions for removing and replacing a king pin, so I added them to a tab on the page on Front Suspension.

Next? :nabble_anim_working:

Gary I don't know if this has a place on the gauges page, or if you already have it elsewhere, but I have a picture of the instructions for setting the odometer mileage on a speedometer service unit. This might come in handy if someone is upgrading to a trip odometer unit and wants to keep their current mileage reading, or to reset the odometer to zero after a rebuild etc., At this age and with only 5 digits one can hardly consider it tampering!

IMG_0236.thumb.jpg.154176a4eae620c901650dda1ee001d0.jpg

Gary I don't know if this has a place on the gauges page, or if you already have it elsewhere, but I have a picture of the instructions for setting the odometer mileage on a speedometer service unit. This might come in handy if someone is upgrading to a trip odometer unit and wants to keep their current mileage reading, or to reset the odometer to zero after a rebuild etc., At this age and with only 5 digits one can hardly consider it tampering!

Good idea! See if that's adequate?

I can't get in the edit the website right now, but I'll do it as soon as I can. Thanks.

Gary note the revision date is 1971. The guy on FB that sent these to me used it on a bullnose with success, so they must be similar enough. Just wanting to point out the vintage in case anything does not look right, that may be why.

I can't get in the edit the website right now, but I'll do it as soon as I can. Thanks.

Gary note the revision date is 1971. The guy on FB that sent these to me used it on a bullnose with success, so they must be similar enough. Just wanting to point out the vintage in case anything does not look right, that may be why.

I suspect it would be valid through 1991, after that they are electronic and the odometer is digital and has 7 places rather than 6 so you can get things like my buddy's 03 E250, over 600K displayed.