Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Jeff - I need some help. In the thread Should We Move To A New Forum Platform you converted the spreadsheet showing what is in the library to a pdf. After editing the spreadsheet today I couldn't re-create what you did. My Foxit pdf editor doesn't preserve the links, my Word app doesn't want to load the spreadsheet, and printing it from Excel through my pdf printer app didn't work either.

So can you help me convert it to PDF? I'd like to maintain it in that format in future if I can.

You have an iPhone/iPad.

It's super easy to convert to a PDF......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an iPhone/iPad.

It's super easy to convert to a PDF......

Converting it is easy. I've converted it to a pdf three times. But none of those have active links. I've not tried on the iphone yet, but I'll see what I can find.

Converting it is easy. I've converted it to a pdf three times. But none of those have active links. I've not tried on the iphone yet, but I'll see what I can find.

Ok, by exporting to pdf from Excel I got it to bring the links over and I added the document to the Library page.

But there are at least two problems. The first is that I cannot edit the pdf in my pdf editing software. Well, more accurately, I can edit the file but the links didn't come over into that editor. In other words, that file works fine embedded on the Library page as you can click on the links and get them to open up the doc that you are asking for. But when I open the same file in Foxit, my pdf editor, the links aren't there. The text is, but it isn't a hyperlink. :nabble_anim_confused:

The second problem is that it creates a "portrait" pdf instead of "landscape, so the documents out past 1986 are on pages way below instead of over to the side. That is probably something I can fix - if I can get a document that I can edit. I do NOT want to have to recreate the whole thing from scratch with all the links. And I do not want to have to keep it in Excel format, edit it there, then export it to PDF.

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Ok, by exporting to pdf from Excel I got it to bring the links over and I added the document to the Library page.

But there are at least two problems. The first is that I cannot edit the pdf in my pdf editing software. Well, more accurately, I can edit the file but the links didn't come over into that editor. In other words, that file works fine embedded on the Library page as you can click on the links and get them to open up the doc that you are asking for. But when I open the same file in Foxit, my pdf editor, the links aren't there. The text is, but it isn't a hyperlink. :nabble_anim_confused:

The second problem is that it creates a "portrait" pdf instead of "landscape, so the documents out past 1986 are on pages way below instead of over to the side. That is probably something I can fix - if I can get a document that I can edit. I do NOT want to have to recreate the whole thing from scratch with all the links. And I do not want to have to keep it in Excel format, edit it there, then export it to PDF.

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Ok, I have a pdf version that has good links in it, and I can edit it in my Foxit pdf editor. But it doesn't carry the 1987 - 96 stuff over beside the Bullnose stuff, so I decided to delete that out of the document. After all we are a Bullnose site and I can find another way to provide access to it.

Ok, I have a pdf version that has good links in it, and I can edit it in my Foxit pdf editor. But it doesn't carry the 1987 - 96 stuff over beside the Bullnose stuff, so I decided to delete that out of the document. After all we are a Bullnose site and I can find another way to provide access to it.

Thanks Gary and Jim, glad I could give something back.

Gary I found a service booklet that might be useful will send you a low res copy to see what you think once I have a digital copy.

Paul

Gary I found a service booklet that might be useful will send you a low res copy to see what you think once I have a digital copy.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Just sent you a note that I'm ready to download more.

Paul

That's very kind of you to share! 👍

Every bit of documentation we get fills another chunk in the wall. 😉

The wall is getting taller as Paul is sending things we've not had before. So I've added several more rows for things like the Diesel Owner's Guide Supplement and the 4-Wheeling With Ford Guide. And he just sent a Canadian Warranty booklet. We have a "Warranty Info Booklet" row but we now need a US and a Canadian row. :nabble_anim_jump:

The wall is getting taller as Paul is sending things we've not had before. So I've added several more rows for things like the Diesel Owner's Guide Supplement and the 4-Wheeling With Ford Guide. And he just sent a Canadian Warranty booklet. We have a "Warranty Info Booklet" row but we now need a US and a Canadian row. :nabble_anim_jump:

Glad to help fill in some of the blank squares, I'll take a closer look next time I'm at the local scrap yard there might be some paper work still in some of the trucks.

Thanks Jim hope your on the mend.

Paul

Glad to help fill in some of the blank squares, I'll take a closer look next time I'm at the local scrap yard there might be some paper work still in some of the trucks.

Thanks Jim hope your on the mend.

Paul

Thanks so much Paul, time still going on and each paper will become more difficult to find.

Feeding Gary’s Library is important, thanks for contributing!

:nabble_anim_claps: