Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Upgraded the Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/ZF5 page to include 6 ZF documents that can be downloaded. Jonathan - This includes power flow illustrations that show which gears are used when, and it is complex. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Added this page: Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/NP435, and it includes a 13-page copy from a Ford's factory shop manual.

And added this page: Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/T-19, and it also includes a 13-page copy from a Ford's factory shop manual.

In addition there were several changes on Specifications/Lubricant Specifications page, although that one is far, far from being done.

That is some great material Gary! Thanks! That ZF stuff is a bit boggling, but I will have to dig into it when I go to rebuild mine...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is some great material Gary! Thanks! That ZF stuff is a bit boggling, but I will have to dig into it when I go to rebuild mine...

I’m thinking of putting the documentation onto the pages, at least for those documents that Weebly will actually put on the page. So a user could actually see the document before downloading it, and may not actually need to download it. Or could at least confirm that’s what he’s looking for.

I’m thinking of putting the documentation onto the pages, at least for those documents that Weebly will actually put on the page. So a user could actually see the document before downloading it, and may not actually need to download it. Or could at least confirm that’s what he’s looking for.

Added the official Borg-Warner service manual for the BW1345 transfer case to the Driveline/Transfer Case page. However, when I first pull up the page the "window" in which the manual is supposed to be is blank. But, when I click on it the manual appears. Is that the case for you?

And, I also changed the manuals on the transmission pages to be embedded PDF's so you can see them before downloading. But, you can still download them.

Added the official Borg-Warner service manual for the BW1345 transfer case to the Driveline/Transfer Case page. However, when I first pull up the page the "window" in which the manual is supposed to be is blank. But, when I click on it the manual appears. Is that the case for you?

And, I also changed the manuals on the transmission pages to be embedded PDF's so you can see them before downloading. But, you can still download them.

Ford's transmission application pages are a bit of a dog's breakfast, with the transmission types and even the vehicles themselves scattered hither and yon such that it is hard to tell what was used in which vehicle.

So I converted them to a spreadsheet and then sorted it by transmission, then by model, and then by year. And then I placed each of those on their own tab on the Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions page.

Please see what you think. I'm not sure how helpful that is, but it is easy to see what vehicles had the ZF. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ford's transmission application pages are a bit of a dog's breakfast, with the transmission types and even the vehicles themselves scattered hither and yon such that it is hard to tell what was used in which vehicle.

So I converted them to a spreadsheet and then sorted it by transmission, then by model, and then by year. And then I placed each of those on their own tab on the Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions page.

Please see what you think. I'm not sure how helpful that is, but it is easy to see what vehicles had the ZF. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary,

your list makes it a lot easier to figure out which gearbox came in which truck.

Of course it's hard to tell what may have happened in the past 30+ years, and if the tag isn't there...

I don't know much about rugs and clarkes, but some basic identifiers are that the NP has an aluminum top, the T-18 has PTO on the passenger side only where the T-19 has a window on both sides of the case.

I know some people find the NP gearbox desirable because of the super low 1st gear but few seem to realize the 460 4x4 T-19 is 6.32:1 *and* synchro 1st, which the other two do not have.

Is there any chart that shows the various ratios?

Gary,

your list makes it a lot easier to figure out which gearbox came in which truck.

Of course it's hard to tell what may have happened in the past 30+ years, and if the tag isn't there...

I don't know much about rugs and clarkes, but some basic identifiers are that the NP has an aluminum top, the T-18 has PTO on the passenger side only where the T-19 has a window on both sides of the case.

I know some people find the NP gearbox desirable because of the super low 1st gear but few seem to realize the 460 4x4 T-19 is 6.32:1 *and* synchro 1st, which the other two do not have.

Is there any chart that shows the various ratios?

Jim - Thanks for checking them out.

As for descriptions, maybe I should include yours and add whatever we can find for the Rug Rats. 😉

And the T-19 does have a really low 1st - I got out and let Big Blue idle and pull down the sign at church. 🤡

I’ll check for such a chart.

Jim - Thanks for checking them out.

As for descriptions, maybe I should include yours and add whatever we can find for the Rug Rats. 😉

And the T-19 does have a really low 1st - I got out and let Big Blue idle and pull down the sign at church. 🤡

I’ll check for such a chart.

Added another page today: Interior/Sill Plates.

And I didn't find a gear ratio chart for the transmissions in the catalog. Perhaps someone can on-line?

• 2 weeks later...

And I didn't find a gear ratio chart for the transmissions in the catalog. Perhaps someone can on-line?

Gary, what about this? https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transmissions/manual/t18-t19/

David - I need to look at that chart. Sorry that I haven't.

As for what I did do today, I took the opportunity to "play" on the website. You see, I've been on a two-week road trip of 10 states and 3000 miles, and couldn't work on it while gone - as discussed elsewhere.

But, I have had an opportunity to watch the search statistics for the site, meaning the number of times that Google pointed people to this site to answer their query. And, it is important to me that people can find this site so all the work that is being done gets used. I've posted a screenshot, below, of the stats for the last 28 days as of today. I realize you can't easily read it, so I'll point out some of the more significant things.

First, 29 people were pointed to the site by Google yesterday alone, and the average position in the search results was 13, which means that on the average we were on Paul Harvey's Page 2. :nabble_smiley_cry:

The thing that Google usually points our way is the towing capacity of these trucks, and the usual position in the search results is #2! And, in the last 28 days 39 people have followed Google's suggestion and clicked on the link. :nabble_anim_claps:

So, what is pulling the average result down? Two things: Fuel Vapor Separator, which averages position 9.8, and Motorcraft 2150, which averages 18.6. Given that, today I addressed the fuel vapor separator portion of the problem. And, I discovered that the TSB to which it used to refer is no longer applicable since it was replaced in 1983. :nabble_smiley_blush: So, I found the newer TSB and added it to the site: Stalls/No Start/Hesitation/Stumble. As it turns out, it wasn't just the 460's that got the in-tank pump and the vapor separator, as the 351M/400's got the kit outlined in the TSB. In fact, the only 460 that got it was in an E-series van. :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, we now have another TSB and a corrected page on the fuel vapor separator.

Website_Search_Stats.thumb.jpg.bdf79a7338a6cc222d5abb8251831e73.jpg