Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Ahhh! That makes sense.

But owner's guides are problematic. Ford did them two different ways - long sheets of paper stapled in the middle, and narrow sheets of paper glued on the edge. I've given up scanning long sheets of paper since they have 4 different pages on them and it is a mess getting them sorted and cropped. So, please don't send something that you don't want me to cut up in order to scan it.

Today I added Ford's catalog for connectors and pigtails: Documentation/Electrical/Connectors.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I added Ford's catalog for connectors and pigtails: Documentation/Electrical/Connectors.

You already posted that in a separate section, although it is just a link to an external site.

Documentation/Electrical/Wiring Connectors

Thanks, Shaun. I was thinking I had, but didn't find it. Obviously didn't look long enough. I'll clean that up. Any suggestions?

I like having the document on the site as that ensures it won't go away. But the info on the pins is good and needs to be retained.

Thanks, Shaun. I was thinking I had, but didn't find it. Obviously didn't look long enough. I'll clean that up. Any suggestions?

I like having the document on the site as that ensures it won't go away. But the info on the pins is good and needs to be retained.

Ok, after perusing what I have in the Documentation/Electrical section with regard to terminals, connectors, etc I've come to realize that IT IS A MESS! Here are the pages and contents we have, with the bullet showing the name of the page and then the tabs listed:

• Connectors: This is the new page and just has the 2015 version of the Wiring Pigtail Kits Identification Guide

• Terminals & Connectors: Illustrations of the connectors, including a type #; Connectors - part numbers for many of the connectors/sleeves used and their type #; Terminals & Connectors - I think these are actually the terminals; Sources - has Bill's spreadsheet on where to get some of the terminals

• Wiring Connectors: Has supposedly links to both the 2008 and 2015 Wiring Pigtail Kits Identification Guides, but the 2008 version is MIA; also has info and pics of two terminal types.

Obviously this needs to be reconciled. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I think the two connector sections just need to be merged, with your most recent catalog addition being primary, and the external links being just that, external links with no image.

As for the rest of the electrical section, I haven't looked at it enough to notice the issues so I have no suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the two connector sections just need to be merged, with your most recent catalog addition being primary, and the external links being just that, external links with no image.

As for the rest of the electrical section, I haven't looked at it enough to notice the issues so I have no suggestions.

I forgot about that, Shaun. Need to fix that.

Anyway, I added a page today. Was looking for something in the Illustrations section of the MPC and ran across the wiring routing. Had been looking for it, so added this page: Documentation/Electrical/Wiring Routing. Has info on the:

• Camper, aux battery, and trailer tow relay wiring

• Main wiring harness, including a nice shot of the back of the instrument cluster, under hood, fuse block, down the frame, etc

• Battery & starter, which answers the question we discussed recently about how those wires are to be run

• Power door lock wiring

I forgot about that, Shaun. Need to fix that.

Anyway, I added a page today. Was looking for something in the Illustrations section of the MPC and ran across the wiring routing. Had been looking for it, so added this page: Documentation/Electrical/Wiring Routing. Has info on the:

• Camper, aux battery, and trailer tow relay wiring

• Main wiring harness, including a nice shot of the back of the instrument cluster, under hood, fuse block, down the frame, etc

• Battery & starter, which answers the question we discussed recently about how those wires are to be run

• Power door lock wiring

I added a new "section" to the website today - Reference. (Documentation/Reference) And in it so far you'll find:

Hose & Fittings: This is the page Angelo asked for with the fitting and hose size chart

Standard & Utility Parts Catalog: This tells you the details about all of those things in the Master Parts Catalog's illustrations. Let's take the cooling system illustration below. I see these fasteners and the new catalog tells me:

• N606676: M6 22.5mm long and 9.8 hardness. And, it is a Type 11 so it looks like Type_11.jpg.905862360f9578e0a0972fa5b169ee0f.jpg

• 383375: This is a #12 spring nut that has A & B dimensions of 5/8", is Grade 5, and looks like Type_3.jpg.8cb8b1fe70c32711971bdf3d7c516733.jpg

• 383152: This is a 1/4 - 14 self-tapping screw that is 5/8" long and looks like Type_1.jpg.0683de112b4f14b22627fcdfaf1f9d33.jpg

1206722_orig.thumb.jpg.ab5c3eb8ab15b41d8f496d4d09247dcf.jpg

I added a new "section" to the website today - Reference. (Documentation/Reference) And in it so far you'll find:

Hose & Fittings: This is the page Angelo asked for with the fitting and hose size chart

Standard & Utility Parts Catalog: This tells you the details about all of those things in the Master Parts Catalog's illustrations. Let's take the cooling system illustration below. I see these fasteners and the new catalog tells me:

• N606676: M6 22.5mm long and 9.8 hardness. And, it is a Type 11 so it looks like

• 383375: This is a #12 spring nut that has A & B dimensions of 5/8", is Grade 5, and looks like

• 383152: This is a 1/4 - 14 self-tapping screw that is 5/8" long and looks like

That is awesome! Thanks!

• N606676: M6 22.5mm long and 9.8 hardness. And, it is a Type 11 so it looks like

• 383375: This is a #12 spring nut that has A & B dimensions of 5/8", is Grade 5, and looks like

• 383152: This is a 1/4 - 14 self-tapping screw that is 5/8" long and looks like

At least on my 1984 F150 with a 4.9, the radiator mounts use two of the M6 type 11 bolts (not one), and the shroud is held on with two more M6 type 11's. Go figure.