Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Welcome, Shaun. And thanks for the documents you've supplied. I'm slowly getting all of them on.

I believe these were the last two of what I sent you? If so, you completed a huge chunk of what was missing from the literature section, I think the 1980 section was the least complete of all the years.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, Shaun. And thanks for the documents you've supplied. I'm slowly getting all of them on.

I believe these were the last two of what I sent you? If so, you completed a huge chunk of what was missing from the literature section, I think the 1980 section was the least complete of all the years.

I think I have the 1980 Accessories catalog and the '95 and '96 F-Series brochures left.

Thinking of placing the later brochures in Other Publications. Yes?

I think I have the 1980 Accessories catalog and the '95 and '96 F-Series brochures left.

That's right, I forgot about those.

I agree on the "Other Publications" Tab.

That's right, I forgot about those.

I agree on the "Other Publications" Tab.

Gotta save something for tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gotta save something for tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, today was not the day for the later brochures. It was the day for the 1985 cross-reference catalog. The thing that lets you find the ID # that is on most parts and determine the part number.

But, it is 1060 pages long and took awhile to pull each of those pages out w/o ripping them, and then scan them. I got that done, and I scanned into several files. But the total file size is ~1.6Gb. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I'm OCR'ing the files now, but that's a bit slow, running about 30 seconds per page. You might ask why, and it might have to do with there being 630 part numbers and ID numbers on each page. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Tomorrow I'll have to see how to organize things into manageable file sizes.

Gee, that looks familiar. I have a 1990 and a 1996 if you want to at some point add them.

I can add them if you want to scan them - 300 dpi please. Or, send them to me and I'll scan them. But, if the '96 is an F-Series brochure Shaun sent me one of those.

I can add them if you want to scan them - 300 dpi please. Or, send them to me and I'll scan them. But, if the '96 is an F-Series brochure Shaun sent me one of those.

I think he's referring to owner's guides as the post he is replying to is the one you made regarding the owner's manuals, hence the "That looks familiar" since I sent you an 86 manual and Bill's truck is an 86.

I think he's referring to owner's guides as the post he is replying to is the one you made regarding the owner's manuals, hence the "That looks familiar" since I sent you an 86 manual and Bill's truck is an 86.

Ahhh! That makes sense.

But owner's guides are problematic. Ford did them two different ways - long sheets of paper stapled in the middle, and narrow sheets of paper glued on the edge. I've given up scanning long sheets of paper since they have 4 different pages on them and it is a mess getting them sorted and cropped. So, please don't send something that you don't want me to cut up in order to scan it.