Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Sweet! Good to see it up for everybody's use, including those who do not have one of their own.

Yes, it is inconceivable to me that people toss those things. But I will admit that the glove boxes on these things aren't very big, so perhaps it was done for space?

Anyway, it will be helpful, I'm sure. But I wish I could easily make it display the pages in two-up mode, meaning side-by-side, just as you'd see it in the book. I can do that via a setting in my pdf program, but it is only effective in that program and doesn't change what everyone sees via a browser.

So if anyone knows, please let me know.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is inconceivable to me that people toss those things. But I will admit that the glove boxes on these things aren't very big, so perhaps it was done for space?

Anyway, it will be helpful, I'm sure. But I wish I could easily make it display the pages in two-up mode, meaning side-by-side, just as you'd see it in the book. I can do that via a setting in my pdf program, but it is only effective in that program and doesn't change what everyone sees via a browser.

So if anyone knows, please let me know.

Well, thanks again to Shaun as we have the 1980 Owner's Guide on the site now. (Yes, they are accurately entitled: 1980 Owner's Guide vs 1986 Owner Guide. Why isn't the later one possessive? Looks like the change was 'twixt 1981, which is possessive, and 1985, which isn't. :nabble_anim_confused:)

Anyway, it is on the site and in the Literature list.

Tomorrow it may be 1981's, possessive, turn. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Another note: The 1980 Owner's Guide is landscape, which works out very nicely for showing online, while the change to portrait was for 1981.

Well, thanks again to Shaun as we have the 1980 Owner's Guide on the site now. (Yes, they are accurately entitled: 1980 Owner's Guide vs 1986 Owner Guide. Why isn't the later one possessive? Looks like the change was 'twixt 1981, which is possessive, and 1985, which isn't. :nabble_anim_confused:)

Anyway, it is on the site and in the Literature list.

Tomorrow it may be 1981's, possessive, turn. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Another note: The 1980 Owner's Guide is landscape, which works out very nicely for showing online, while the change to portrait was for 1981.

It’s really nice if you need to look at something and you don’t want to go out to your truck and look at the owners manual. Or go to the garage and look at the service manual.

Or traveling and don’t have a manual with you.

I have stuff on my computer so I can look at things while researching something. I don’t have everything so this is nice.

Thank you! :nabble_anim_claps:

It’s really nice if you need to look at something and you don’t want to go out to your truck and look at the owners manual. Or go to the garage and look at the service manual.

Or traveling and don’t have a manual with you.

I have stuff on my computer so I can look at things while researching something. I don’t have everything so this is nice.

Thank you! :nabble_anim_claps:

Dane - Glad it is helping.

Today's installment is the 286-page 1981 Owner's Guide. (Documentation/Literature and use the spreadsheet or Documentation/Literature/1981 Literature and click on the pic of the owner's guide).

And the notes you see are my father's as this was his. Unfortunately it was falling apart so, with David's help, I bought a new one some time ago and felt I could, therefore, take this one apart.

Today's installment is the 286-page 1981 Owner's Guide. (Documentation/Literature and use the spreadsheet or Documentation/Literature/1981 Literature and click on the pic of the owner's guide).

And the notes you see are my father's as this was his. Unfortunately it was falling apart so, with David's help, I bought a new one some time ago and felt I could, therefore, take this one apart.

Adds a nice touch I think!

Adds a nice touch I think!

Yes, I thought it was a nice touch.

Today we have something from Clifton - 1982 Special Performance Specifications. This includes calibration info, shift speeds & line pressures for transmissions, etc. Includes all 1982 Ford vehicles including heavy duty trucks. It is at Documentation/Literature/1982 Literature, and is also listed on the Documentation/Literature spreadsheet. Thanks, Clifton!

And, I added the Body Shell, Exterior Trim, Frame & Underbody section from the 1985 FSM to the site: Documentation/Body/Body Shell, Exterior Trim, Frame & Underbody. This includes the instructions on installing the radiator support, which I needed today.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I thought it was a nice touch.

Today we have something from Clifton - 1982 Special Performance Specifications. This includes calibration info, shift speeds & line pressures for transmissions, etc. Includes all 1982 Ford vehicles including heavy duty trucks. It is at Documentation/Literature/1982 Literature, and is also listed on the Documentation/Literature spreadsheet. Thanks, Clifton!

And, I added the Body Shell, Exterior Trim, Frame & Underbody section from the 1985 FSM to the site: Documentation/Body/Body Shell, Exterior Trim, Frame & Underbody. This includes the instructions on installing the radiator support, which I needed today.

Well, I've been slacking off the last couple of days and haven't gotten a new doc on each day. So today I've added two:

• 1983 Owner Guide: This is from Clifton, who kindly consented to letting me not only pull the stables but cut the pages down the middle. Other wise it is a nightmare creating a document as there are 4 pages on each piece of paper. So I have to duplicate them, crop each page to only get the proper one needed there, etc. :nabble_anim_crazy:

• 1985 Owner Guide: This was one I got from Vernon with Big Blue, and it is in different format than the 1983 version. In this one each page is glued to the spine so there wasn't any cutting. But, each page has to be pulled out w/o ripping it.

Given my new scanner that does both sides of a page at about 1 page/second, this exercise should be relatively fast. But these are 200+ page documents and the prep took far longer than scanning. Then there are a few things to be done to the website as well as the spreadsheet on the Literature page.

In any event, as you can see from that spreadsheet we now only lack the 1982 and 1984 owner guides. We are getting there! And all of these guides are OCR'd so you can search them. Just did on the '85 guide for "buzzer" and found 11 hits. But only 8 in the '83 guide. Might have to map out the differences some day. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, I've been slacking off the last couple of days and haven't gotten a new doc on each day. So today I've added two:
  • 1983 Owner Guide: This is from Clifton, who kindly consented to letting me not only pull the stables but cut the pages down the middle. Other wise it is a nightmare creating a document as there are 4 pages on each piece of paper. So I have to duplicate them, crop each page to only get the proper one needed there, etc. :nabble_anim_crazy:
  • 1985 Owner Guide: This was one I got from Vernon with Big Blue, and it is in different format than the 1983 version. In this one each page is glued to the spine so there wasn't any cutting. But, each page has to be pulled out w/o ripping it.
Given my new scanner that does both sides of a page at about 1 page/second, this exercise should be relatively fast. But these are 200+ page documents and the prep took far longer than scanning. Then there are a few things to be done to the website as well as the spreadsheet on the Literature page.In any event, as you can see from that spreadsheet we now only lack the 1982 and 1984 owner guides. We are getting there! And all of these guides are OCR'd so you can search them. Just did on the '85 guide for "buzzer" and found 11 hits. But only 8 in the '83 guide. Might have to map out the differences some day. :nabble_smiley_wink:
And, to continue to try to catch up to my one doc/day goal, I added these brochures courtesy of Shaun:

Both are also show on the Literature page awa the 1980 page: