Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Added a bit today:

• 3.8L: The Engine book from the 1983 FSM came in today, thank you David, and I scanned in the 47 pages from it on the 3.8L Essex V6. So we now have a full compliment of FSM engine sections! :nabble_anim_jump:

• 1981 Exterior Color Selections: Not to be outdone by David in spending my money, Shaun pointed out a good buy on the 1981 brochure showing the colors, so I scanned it in and added it to the Documenation/Literature/1981 page.

• 7200 VV: And, while I was perusing the 1981 Engine book I realized it has the section on the 7200 VV carb. So I scanned it and added a page at Documentation/Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/7200 VV.

• EFI: And, as I was looking at the carb section, which the 7200 VV document completed, I realized we didn't have the EFI section in. So, now we do at Documentation/Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/EFI.

So that's another 89 pages of documentation. This new scanner sure makes it easy! And, it is crisp as well. But, I do need to get back to Big Blue, so I think I'll stop scanning for a bit now.

Yesterday David sent me a link and asked if I had this book: 1980 FORD POWER STEERING SYSTEM OPERATION & DIAGNOSIS FACTORY TRAINING MANUAL. I don't have it, but got to looking it over, at least what of it I could see in the advert, and then compared it to the sections on steering in the 1985 FSM. Turns out that book has 39 pages and the FSM has 56 pages covering the same things. So I thanked him but opted out.

Today I got to thinking about that and realized that I only had less than 1/2 day in the shop before Janey and I headed to Tulsa for our Valentine's day out. And, I didn't really want to get too dirty. So I decided to scan those sections in from the '85 FSM. But, that took a significant revision to the Document/Suspension & Steering/Steering section as it was a bit wonky. (Things get that way when you just tack pages on.)

You can see what we have now by looking at the menu, but here are the sections I added in Steering: (NOTE: If you don't do a refresh you may see a mix of old and new in the menu.)

• Power Steering Gear Box: This is on the Power Steering page on the Steering Gear tab.

However, we still have a page on Saginaw Conversions, although the only engine that has info about it is the IDI. Not many seem to be following this thread, so I'm going to start a new thread about that page.

:nabble_anim_working:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday David sent me a link and asked if I had this book: 1980 FORD POWER STEERING SYSTEM OPERATION & DIAGNOSIS FACTORY TRAINING MANUAL. I don't have it, but got to looking it over, at least what of it I could see in the advert, and then compared it to the sections on steering in the 1985 FSM. Turns out that book has 39 pages and the FSM has 56 pages covering the same things. So I thanked him but opted out.

Today I got to thinking about that and realized that I only had less than 1/2 day in the shop before Janey and I headed to Tulsa for our Valentine's day out. And, I didn't really want to get too dirty. So I decided to scan those sections in from the '85 FSM. But, that took a significant revision to the Document/Suspension & Steering/Steering section as it was a bit wonky. (Things get that way when you just tack pages on.)

You can see what we have now by looking at the menu, but here are the sections I added in Steering: (NOTE: If you don't do a refresh you may see a mix of old and new in the menu.)

• Power Steering Gear Box: This is on the Power Steering page on the Steering Gear tab.

However, we still have a page on Saginaw Conversions, although the only engine that has info about it is the IDI. Not many seem to be following this thread, so I'm going to start a new thread about that page.

:nabble_anim_working:

Had a request this morn for info on the Bronco's rear window, so added a page for it in a new section called Body. But then got to thinking it looked odd that there was only one page in there, so wanted to a few to keep it company. But things got a bit out of hand and all in all I added a total of 14 sections and 69 pages. :nabble_smiley_what:

But, I have a question for y'all: Is it right to have the power door and window sections in Body? :nabble_anim_confused:

In my defense, Power Windows is part of Section 42: Window Glass & Mechanisms. And Power Door Locks is part of Section 44: Doors, Hood, & Tailgate.

So, here's what it looks like:

Documentation/Body:

• Bronco Rear Window

• Door Latches & Locks

• Door Hinges Checks & Weatherstrips

• Doors Hood & Tailgates General Service

• Front Door Window Glass Mechanism

• Hood & Hinges

• Hood Latch

• Power Door Locks

• Power Windows

• Stationary Glass - Butyl Seal

• Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal

• Tailgate

• Vent Window Mechanism

• Window Glass & Mechanism General Service

Had a request this morn for info on the Bronco's rear window, so added a page for it in a new section called Body. But then got to thinking it looked odd that there was only one page in there, so wanted to a few to keep it company. But things got a bit out of hand and all in all I added a total of 14 sections and 69 pages. :nabble_smiley_what:

But, I have a question for y'all: Is it right to have the power door and window sections in Body? :nabble_anim_confused:

In my defense, Power Windows is part of Section 42: Window Glass & Mechanisms. And Power Door Locks is part of Section 44: Doors, Hood, & Tailgate.

So, here's what it looks like:

Documentation/Body:

• Bronco Rear Window

• Door Latches & Locks

• Door Hinges Checks & Weatherstrips

• Doors Hood & Tailgates General Service

• Front Door Window Glass Mechanism

• Hood & Hinges

• Hood Latch

• Power Door Locks

• Power Windows

• Stationary Glass - Butyl Seal

• Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal

• Tailgate

• Vent Window Mechanism

• Window Glass & Mechanism General Service

I would say yes.

Thanks, Dane.

Got bored and added the BW1356 illustrations, parts lists, and rebuild instructions from the FSM to the Transfer Case page. So now we have all of the t-cases covered.

Got my scanning back from the professionals today. (Don't tell Janey that it cost $95. :nabble_smiley_scared:) And in it was a training book on the TOD & SROD transmissions. Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/TOD & SROD Transmissions. (Man, that needs to be cleaned up!)

Thanks! Also got a lot of the brochures and other doc's scanned. But it'll take a bit before I get them on.

Got Shaun's 1980 Recreational Vehicles brochure on the site today. Go here: Documentation/Literature/1980 Literature and then click on the picture that looks like the one below.

But I did it in pdf rather than jpg. What do you think?

1980_Ford_RV_s_-_Pg_1.thumb.jpg.4dc2aaaba616736b66b31f63f182e28c.jpg