Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Yep, that hasn't been an issue for me, but apparently was for the tech's. Not sure I'd want them to melt my door panel.

It has been a while since I updated this thread. Meanwhile, lots of scanning has been going on. Here's some of what's been done.

These pages have been added to the Interchange pick in the menu:

These pages have been added to the Literature/1981 Literature section:

• 1980 Truck Service Highlights - Electrical: This one is very interesting as it shows how to remove and install the ignition switch shows the difference between the early/carryover headlight switch that had an internal circuit breaker vs the later switch; has a discussion of the digital clock and how to operate it; how the CB radio is to be installed and how to operate it; and even how to install the speed control system.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a while since I updated this thread. Meanwhile, lots of scanning has been going on. Here's some of what's been done.

These pages have been added to the Interchange pick in the menu:

These pages have been added to the Literature/1981 Literature section:

• 1980 Truck Service Highlights - Electrical: This one is very interesting as it shows how to remove and install the ignition switch shows the difference between the early/carryover headlight switch that had an internal circuit breaker vs the later switch; has a discussion of the digital clock and how to operate it; how the CB radio is to be installed and how to operate it; and even how to install the speed control system.

Today I got this done:

• Alternators: I got the 46 pages for car alternators scanned, but the 70 pages for trucks is still running through the scanner as I type

• Crankshafts: 12 pages of car info and 13 pages for trucks

• Heads: 21 pages for cars and 23 pages for trucks

And I also added the 1980 Light Truck Roadability Diagnosis Guide.

Today I got this done:

• Alternators: I got the 46 pages for car alternators scanned, but the 70 pages for trucks is still running through the scanner as I type

• Crankshafts: 12 pages of car info and 13 pages for trucks

• Heads: 21 pages for cars and 23 pages for trucks

And I also added the 1980 Light Truck Roadability Diagnosis Guide.

Gary, what do you do in your FREE time? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Gary, what do you do in your FREE time? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

That IS my free time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

This is a hobby, and a hobby is supposed to be fun. And I'm having FUN!

But, Janey and I are headed into T-town today to just run errands, do some shopping, and hang out together. So y'all are on your own today and there'll be no progress on the interchange front.

Having said that, I have a trick I want to try on the coding for embedding pdf's, so will probably do a bit a playing with that will sitting in Barnes & Noble. :nabble_anim_working:

• 2 weeks later...

That IS my free time. :nabble_smiley_wink:

This is a hobby, and a hobby is supposed to be fun. And I'm having FUN!

But, Janey and I are headed into T-town today to just run errands, do some shopping, and hang out together. So y'all are on your own today and there'll be no progress on the interchange front.

Having said that, I have a trick I want to try on the coding for embedding pdf's, so will probably do a bit a playing with that will sitting in Barnes & Noble. :nabble_anim_working:

I added two documents from the factory shop manual to the website:

• Front Drive Axle: This is a 21-page document, and it is on Driveline/Axles & Differentials and on the Front Axle tab and then the Instructions tab

• Wheel Hubs and Bearings - Front Wheel Drive: This is a 4-page document and it is on the Driveline/4WD Front Hubs & Rotors page and then on the Instructions tab

I added two documents from the factory shop manual to the website:

• Front Drive Axle: This is a 21-page document, and it is on Driveline/Axles & Differentials and on the Front Axle tab and then the Instructions tab

• Wheel Hubs and Bearings - Front Wheel Drive: This is a 4-page document and it is on the Driveline/4WD Front Hubs & Rotors page and then on the Instructions tab

I scanned in the 4wd front suspension instructions from the FSM and put them up on the website as I wanted to be able to easily refer to them. But, they looked lonely so I put up the Twin I-Beam ones as well. You'll find them on the Instructions tab here: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension.

I scanned in the 4wd front suspension instructions from the FSM and put them up on the website as I wanted to be able to easily refer to them. But, they looked lonely so I put up the Twin I-Beam ones as well. You'll find them on the Instructions tab here: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension.

I added the General Suspension Service section (14-21) to the Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension page. The reason was that I was searching for the instructions on installing the ball joints on a 4wd vehicle and thought they must be there.

This is a strange thing, but the ball joint write-up for the 2wd vehicles is in the Twin I-Beam instructions, but not so for the 4wd. Instead, there's a statement in the 4wd section that says:

Refer to Section 15-34, Front Driving Axle under Steering Knuckle, Removal and Installation for spindle replacement on 4-wheel drive front axles.

Fortunately that section was already on the site: Driveline/Axles & Differentials, so I added a link and an explanation, as shown below. Does that make sense? Better ideas

Four_Wheel_Drive_Ball_Joints.thumb.jpg.a428239e000f76e864c4741eecc5c886.jpg

I added the General Suspension Service section (14-21) to the Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension page. The reason was that I was searching for the instructions on installing the ball joints on a 4wd vehicle and thought they must be there.

This is a strange thing, but the ball joint write-up for the 2wd vehicles is in the Twin I-Beam instructions, but not so for the 4wd. Instead, there's a statement in the 4wd section that says:

Refer to Section 15-34, Front Driving Axle under Steering Knuckle, Removal and Installation for spindle replacement on 4-wheel drive front axles.

Fortunately that section was already on the site: Driveline/Axles & Differentials, so I added a link and an explanation, as shown below. Does that make sense? Better ideas

I added the factory shop manual's instructions to the Interior/Steering Column page on the Instructions tab.

• 1 month later...
We have a new page: Picture Galleries/1984 FORD F-150 XLT PICKUP.You talk about a time capsule. That thing IS!
Trent Alexander, a FB friend of mine as well as at least one more on here, messaged me to ask for a part number for a 460's exhaust system. So I went to our Exhaust Systems page and found it a dog's breakfast. (Ask a Brit.)

So, I've now thoroughly revised the page, including all of the parts information from the catalog. Thirty seven pages of parts lists.

And, I've included Ford's how-to, albeit slightly revised to fit with tabs rather than sections of the catalog.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know if it works for you.