Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Good. :nabble_smiley_good:

Did the example make sense? I actually worked through it myself as if I was trying to find the part, and learned that what I called the side gear wasn't what Ford did. That's when I turned to the illustration and started there.

Yes the example made sense.

I've called things something for years and then find it's not what Ford or Chevy or whoever call things!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the example made sense.

I've called things something for years and then find it's not what Ford or Chevy or whoever call things!

The whole world calls things something different than what Ford calls it. And if you don't know what they call it, and EXACTLY how they show it in the catalog, you can't find it w/a search. As in the example, who would think to search for a "Gear (differential side)"? :nabble_anim_confused:

That's why I like to start with the base part number, which is easiest to get from an illustration. Search for that and you will soon learn what Ford's imaginative catalogers called it.

The whole world calls things something different than what Ford calls it. And if you don't know what they call it, and EXACTLY how they show it in the catalog, you can't find it w/a search. As in the example, who would think to search for a "Gear (differential side)"? :nabble_anim_confused:

That's why I like to start with the base part number, which is easiest to get from an illustration. Search for that and you will soon learn what Ford's imaginative catalogers called it.

Indeed! You build something, you get to call it what you want.

Israel Aircraft Industries called the little air vents over the seats in their aircraft "gaspers", some other manufacturers may have too, but that always cracked me up for some reason.

Indeed! You build something, you get to call it what you want.

Israel Aircraft Industries called the little air vents over the seats in their aircraft "gaspers", some other manufacturers may have too, but that always cracked me up for some reason.

Gaspers!?!? Well, I would never had guessed that. Gear (differential side) seems a lot more obvious. :nabble_smiley_uh:

Yesterday I added some info to the alternators page: Electrical/Alternators. It shows what alternators were available for our trucks as well as how fast you have to spin the engine to get the rated output.

Great addition Gary! I remember reading about high output ambulance package alternators on the diesel boards, but perhaps they were later, or are not covered in the MPC since most ambulances are Econoline based. It is interesting how the high output models achieve the rates wattage at much lower rpm’s. I assume those are armature rpm’s not engine rpm’s? And the Bullnose ammeter shunt is good up to 100A?