Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Man, that's a lot of info.!

I spent more time in 30.4 as that is where my truck axle is. After looking through them all, I liked 30.4 the best, I think. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Steve - The Dana site must be down as that link doesn't load. I'll try again in the morning.

Grumpin:

• The 30.1 tabs, both A-M and N-Z, have screen grabs in jpg of closeups of the master parts catalog.

I was zoomed in at 200% and I had to take a bunch of grabs to get all of the info.

• The 30.3 tabs:

- A-Z is a high res png file that is much smaller than a jpg, but doesn't have the "cleaness" that the 30.1's do, in my estimation

- AA-AZ and BA-BZ are pdf's inserted using SCRIBD. Pretty easy to do on my end and comes out quite crisp and clean for the user. But you sometimes have to move the cursor in the box to initially get the display to pop us, and it is funky to open a new page and really zoom in.

- CA-CZ is a pdf via my Google drive and is embedded on the page. It seems easier to use to me as it always comes up immediately and you can zoom to your heart's content by popping the page out into a new browser page. This is, like SCRIBD easy and clean to do.

• 30.4 tabs are lower res png's. Fairly easy to do but not as crisp, in my opinion as the higher res ones, and not close to the pdf's.

So, I was really wondering what y'all thought about the various methods. The pdf approach is easiest and seems quite clean and readable - to me. The png's are easier than the zoomed in screen grabs, but aren't as clean and clear.

Thoughts?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - The Dana site must be down as that link doesn't load. I'll try again in the morning.

Grumpin:

• The 30.1 tabs, both A-M and N-Z, have screen grabs in jpg of closeups of the master parts catalog.

I was zoomed in at 200% and I had to take a bunch of grabs to get all of the info.

• The 30.3 tabs:

- A-Z is a high res png file that is much smaller than a jpg, but doesn't have the "cleaness" that the 30.1's do, in my estimation

- AA-AZ and BA-BZ are pdf's inserted using SCRIBD. Pretty easy to do on my end and comes out quite crisp and clean for the user. But you sometimes have to move the cursor in the box to initially get the display to pop us, and it is funky to open a new page and really zoom in.

- CA-CZ is a pdf via my Google drive and is embedded on the page. It seems easier to use to me as it always comes up immediately and you can zoom to your heart's content by popping the page out into a new browser page. This is, like SCRIBD easy and clean to do.

• 30.4 tabs are lower res png's. Fairly easy to do but not as crisp, in my opinion as the higher res ones, and not close to the pdf's.

So, I was really wondering what y'all thought about the various methods. The pdf approach is easiest and seems quite clean and readable - to me. The png's are easier than the zoomed in screen grabs, but aren't as clean and clear.

Thoughts?

OK, thanks Gary, that helps me to see what you're looking for.

First, I'm not completely tech savvy, but not too bad. The pages that took a scroll down to load, I thought it was me being impatient! Don't like those as much.

The 30.3 CA-CZ, the PDF, I like that because as you said you can pop it out and zoom and what not. It is also clear to me, as in focused, easier to read.

OK, thanks Gary, that helps me to see what you're looking for.

First, I'm not completely tech savvy, but not too bad. The pages that took a scroll down to load, I thought it was me being impatient! Don't like those as much.

The 30.3 CA-CZ, the PDF, I like that because as you said you can pop it out and zoom and what not. It is also clear to me, as in focused, easier to read.

That being the case, please check out 30.3 AA-AZ and BA-BZ as opposed to CA-CZ. I've now changed those two to embedding the pdf's from my One Drive account, and CA-CZ is embedded from my Google Drive, so they are slightly different.

I think I like the One Drive better from my standpoint as it is easier - and because I have more storage on the One Drive than the Google Drive. So, if it works for y'all then that's the way I'll go in future.

Another advantage is that when you open it in another page you have several options, including one to find things in the document. The Google approach has the function, but it isn't as easily found. And, the Google approach allows you to zoom in further, although I'm not sure that's needed.

Anyway, input please!

The Dana site must be down as that link doesn't load.
No, they just changed the URL since the last time I used it.

https://www.expert.dana.com/expertforms/demenu.aspx

Now, I have to go update the links in a few of my captions...

Steve I'll explore the Dana site and see what I can find. Thanks.

Also, we now have a Literature/Miscellaneous page, which then links to the Centurion page.

Today I added info on how to properly adjust the brake master cylinder push rod to the Brakes page (Driveline/Brakes). Go to the Master Cyl's & Boosters tab and then the Push Rod Adjustment tab.

I've added two Technical Service Bulletins to the website today:

The first one discusses the rear proportioning valve and issues that can occur with changes to the suspension, but it may not help you, Jan. There's another, earlier, TSB that deals with that valve, but I can't find it.

And, I added a portion of the section from the 1985 factory shop manual that deals with alignment. It includes the alignment specs: Suspension & Steering/Alignment.

I've added two Technical Service Bulletins to the website today:

The first one discusses the rear proportioning valve and issues that can occur with changes to the suspension, but it may not help you, Jan. There's another, earlier, TSB that deals with that valve, but I can't find it.

And, I added a portion of the section from the 1985 factory shop manual that deals with alignment. It includes the alignment specs: Suspension & Steering/Alignment.

I also added a page on dimensions and weights (Specifications/Dimensions and Weights). This was in order to try to answer the multiple questions about ride height.