Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gary!

I researched the fuel sender/pump on my truck with the aid of your documentation here!

That's why I'm doing this - so people can do their own research. Glad it is working. :nabble_smiley_good:

I grew tired of answering the same questions and decided the better way to do it was to put the documentation out there and let people find their own answers. Works MUCH better.

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I'm doing this - so people can do their own research. Glad it is working. :nabble_smiley_good:

I grew tired of answering the same questions and decided the better way to do it was to put the documentation out there and let people find their own answers. Works MUCH better.

With Bill's help we've added 278 acronyms that, for the most part, apply to EFI installations, although some of them also apply to the feed-back carb systems as well as other, less complex, installations. And, we have pin-outs for most of the EEC-IV and EEC-V installations.

All of this is on the Acronym and Pin-outs tabs on the page at Fuel Systems/Carbs, Chokes, & EFI/EFI.

And, since this info also is frequently needed in electrical and emissions work I plan to link to that page from those sections - once I figure out the best way to do that. (Suggestions would be appreciated.)

With Bill's help we've added 278 acronyms that, for the most part, apply to EFI installations, although some of them also apply to the feed-back carb systems as well as other, less complex, installations. And, we have pin-outs for most of the EEC-IV and EEC-V installations.

All of this is on the Acronym and Pin-outs tabs on the page at Fuel Systems/Carbs, Chokes, & EFI/EFI.

And, since this info also is frequently needed in electrical and emissions work I plan to link to that page from those sections - once I figure out the best way to do that. (Suggestions would be appreciated.)

There are also the early MCU and EEC-III systems included. I included up through the 1996 EEC-V systems on the 7.5L as those are the only MAF/SEFI systems for that engine. The 4.9L, 5.0L and 5.8L had MAF/SEFI by 1994 and 1995 so someone putting a later engine or EFI system in a Bullnose will be able to see what changes were made and what may be needed.

There are also the early MCU and EEC-III systems included. I included up through the 1996 EEC-V systems on the 7.5L as those are the only MAF/SEFI systems for that engine. The 4.9L, 5.0L and 5.8L had MAF/SEFI by 1994 and 1995 so someone putting a later engine or EFI system in a Bullnose will be able to see what changes were made and what may be needed.

Good points, Bill. Thanks for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thanks to Steve!

There's a sorta hidden page on the website regarding manual transmissions. You get there via Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions and clicking on Manual Transmissions twice. (I know, it is odd. :nabble_anim_confused:)

Anyway, I hadn't been on it for a while and didn't realize that several things were broken on it. What I'd done is take the transmission application chart from the master parts catalog and turned it into a spreadsheet that I can sort. Then I sorted it by year, model, and transmission so you can have different views of it.

Unfortunately I'd broken some links on my Google Drive and things went away. But, today I fixed it and updated the pages. See what you think.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

There's a sorta hidden page on the website regarding manual transmissions. You get there via Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions and clicking on Manual Transmissions twice. (I know, it is odd. :nabble_anim_confused:)

Anyway, I hadn't been on it for a while and didn't realize that several things were broken on it. What I'd done is take the transmission application chart from the master parts catalog and turned it into a spreadsheet that I can sort. Then I sorted it by year, model, and transmission so you can have different views of it.

Unfortunately I'd broken some links on my Google Drive and things went away. But, today I fixed it and updated the pages. See what you think.

Any suggestions?

Well, apparently no one out there has any thoughts. :nabble_smiley_what:

Anyway, yesterday I pointed someone on FaceBook to the HVAC page, only to discover that it was a mess. The logic of the layout for the page was suspect, some illustrations were on the wrong tab, and the Parts List tab had very few parts listed. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So I spent a lot more time than I should have re-organizing the page and adding tons of parts to the list. So, please see what you think: HVAC Systems. It isn't done, but I could use some other eyes looking it over. Please?

Also, I added the TSB for the hydraulic clutch/firewall cracking issue: TSB's: High Clutch Effort.