Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

• 3 weeks later...

Shhhhh! I won't tell anyone and hope you won't either. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, it has been a bit since the last announcement, but it is time for a few more. We now have a new page called Over/Under Drives under Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions. And in it we have:

• Gear Vendors: A schematic from Jonathan/Ford F834 for the GVOD

• Doug Nash: A user's manual and installation guide from Scott/kramttocs.

And we also now have a 1984 user guide, aka owner's manual, from David/jdavidsmi. It it accessible two ways:

1. Via the spreadsheet on the page at Documentation/Literature

2. By clicking the image of it on the page at Documentation/Literature/1984 Literature

Thanks, guys!

• 4 months later...

Well, it has been a bit since the last announcement, but it is time for a few more. We now have a new page called Over/Under Drives under Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions. And in it we have:

• Gear Vendors: A schematic from Jonathan/Ford F834 for the GVOD

• Doug Nash: A user's manual and installation guide from Scott/kramttocs.

And we also now have a 1984 user guide, aka owner's manual, from David/jdavidsmi. It it accessible two ways:

1. Via the spreadsheet on the page at Documentation/Literature

2. By clicking the image of it on the page at Documentation/Literature/1984 Literature

Thanks, guys!

Wow! I haven't posted in here since July????

Well, courtesy Scott/kramttocs we have a new document: Documentation>Literature/Miscellaneous Literature>Gear Vendors' Over/Underdrive Manual. Thanks, Scott!

• 4 months later...

Excellent :nabble_anim_claps:

I agree with Janey that the buttons on it helps to break it up visually.

Been a while since I posted in here, although I have added a few things from time to time. But I thought Jim would want to see this as he's referred people to this info several times.

While cleaning the shop today I ran across a Crane Cam distributor recurving kit and the associated instructions. So I scanned the instructions, which have the process that should be used for re-curving a dizzy, and put them here: Documentation/Electrical/Ignition and on the Instructions tab.

Been a while since I posted in here, although I have added a few things from time to time. But I thought Jim would want to see this as he's referred people to this info several times.

While cleaning the shop today I ran across a Crane Cam distributor recurving kit and the associated instructions. So I scanned the instructions, which have the process that should be used for re-curving a dizzy, and put them here: Documentation/Electrical/Ignition and on the Instructions tab.

Cool :nabble_smiley_cool:

And thank you!

I can stop sending people to Jeg's to grab the PDF.

Whatever did happen when you spoke to Scotty about his two pages of DuraSpark R&R. photographs?

Did he say you could host them too?

Or that you could have an active link in the conversion/EGR delete how to?

I can't even find them on his new domain, but I do have them bookmarked (wherever on the web they are)

Cool :nabble_smiley_cool:

And thank you!

I can stop sending people to Jeg's to grab the PDF.

Whatever did happen when you spoke to Scotty about his two pages of DuraSpark R&R. photographs?

Did he say you could host them too?

Or that you could have an active link in the conversion/EGR delete how to?

I can't even find them on his new domain, but I do have them bookmarked (wherever on the web they are)

No, I don't think Scotty wanted me to host the instructions here. If I remember correctly he said we could link to them.

But the Crane ones should certainly help. We can not only refer people to them, but since they are OCR'd we can quote them, like this:

Automotive ignition timing advance consists of three components: Initial timing, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance.

INITIAL TIMING: Is the point where the distributor is set in the engine prior to start-up. This timing can be advanced or retarded by moving the distributor.

CENTRIFUGAL ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine R.P.M., and will increase as the engine's R.P.M. increases. The centrifugal advance is controlled by the weights and springs inside the distributor.

VACUUM ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine manifold vacuum. As the engine vacuum decreases, the vacuum advance will decrease. At full throttle, engine vacuum is zero and vacuum advance is zero.

TOTAL ADVANCE: Is the total of initial advance, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance added together.

No, I don't think Scotty wanted me to host the instructions here. If I remember correctly he said we could link to them.

But the Crane ones should certainly help. We can not only refer people to them, but since they are OCR'd we can quote them, like this:

Automotive ignition timing advance consists of three components: Initial timing, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance.

INITIAL TIMING: Is the point where the distributor is set in the engine prior to start-up. This timing can be advanced or retarded by moving the distributor.

CENTRIFUGAL ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine R.P.M., and will increase as the engine's R.P.M. increases. The centrifugal advance is controlled by the weights and springs inside the distributor.

VACUUM ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine manifold vacuum. As the engine vacuum decreases, the vacuum advance will decrease. At full throttle, engine vacuum is zero and vacuum advance is zero.

TOTAL ADVANCE: Is the total of initial advance, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance added together.

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/Duraspark_distributor_recurve_instructions_index.html

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/Duraspark_distributor_recurve_instructions_page-2.html