Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Here 'tis: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=42041

I'll add it to the TSB's later today/tomorrow, and then we could put a link to it in the 3G writeup.

Mike - Would it be ok if I just make the "TSB 96-21-4" a link?

I added it to the TSB section: 2G Alternator Repair. And, I made the mention of that TSB in the 3G Conversion how-to a hot link. See what you think, please.

But, I do see that the TSB says it is Page 8. It looks like the first page of that TSB, and it doesn't seem like anything is missing, but...... Does anyone know?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added it to the TSB section: 2G Alternator Repair. And, I made the mention of that TSB in the 3G Conversion how-to a hot link. See what you think, please.

But, I do see that the TSB says it is Page 8. It looks like the first page of that TSB, and it doesn't seem like anything is missing, but...... Does anyone know?

This stuff Kultulz posted on EGR would be handy to have on this forum (for "one stop" info shopping) in your Engine > EGR section.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1404347-egr-issues.html

This stuff Kultulz posted on EGR would be handy to have on this forum (for "one stop" info shopping) in your Engine > EGR section.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1404347-egr-issues.html

He's responded in the affirmative, and I've created the page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/egr-system-description--testing.html. Or, just go to the nav menu to the left under Engines/EGR Valves/EGR System Description & Testing.

Thanks!

He's responded in the affirmative, and I've created the page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/egr-system-description--testing.html. Or, just go to the nav menu to the left under Engines/EGR Valves/EGR System Description & Testing.

Thanks!

I guess I need to dig into my big testing manuals and let you know which ones I have. The computer controlled systems can be a real nightmare in the early years as they took two solenoids, a vacuum and a vent and the EGR position was maintained by "juggling" the two valves, later models (1987-95) used a duty cycle with the same position sensor as the early ones. 1996 went to a differential pressure sensor that actually measured EGR flow.

I guess I need to dig into my big testing manuals and let you know which ones I have. The computer controlled systems can be a real nightmare in the early years as they took two solenoids, a vacuum and a vent and the EGR position was maintained by "juggling" the two valves, later models (1987-95) used a duty cycle with the same position sensor as the early ones. 1996 went to a differential pressure sensor that actually measured EGR flow.

Whatever you can come up with we can put on the web site.

These TSB were printed out of a shop book that had all of the TSBs. The page number (8) does not refer to the number of pages specific to the one TSB, its just the location of that page in the shop book.

what else are you looking for?

I have the 1982 Emissions Diagnosis manual and the 1984 Emissions book the Kultulz copied from.

Plus I have the Ford Emissions/EEC "Training" book which has some good drawings and operations/explanations of various components.

I don't have any emissions devices on my truck anymore so I haven't worked on this stuff in decades, and I've forgotten a lot too, but I'm glad to look something up if you need me to.

what else are you looking for?

I have the 1982 Emissions Diagnosis manual and the 1984 Emissions book the Kultulz copied from.

Plus I have the Ford Emissions/EEC "Training" book which has some good drawings and operations/explanations of various components.

I don't have any emissions devices on my truck anymore so I haven't worked on this stuff in decades, and I've forgotten a lot too, but I'm glad to look something up if you need me to.

Mike - That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I don't know what I want since I really don't know what you have. I don't want to copy complete books, but snippets like KULTULZ did are good. So, if you want to look and see what you think that's fine. Or we could wait until someone needs something and look it up then.

Basically I'm wanting this site to be the best anywhere for documentation on these trucks. In other words, I would like it to eventually have everything anybody needs. But that will take time to do.

Mike - That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I don't know what I want since I really don't know what you have. I don't want to copy complete books, but snippets like KULTULZ did are good. So, if you want to look and see what you think that's fine. Or we could wait until someone needs something and look it up then.

Basically I'm wanting this site to be the best anywhere for documentation on these trucks. In other words, I would like it to eventually have everything anybody needs. But that will take time to do.

David posted a link in the eBay Finds thread to a headlight door, so I went to the Exterior section to check the number on it. Turns out I didn't have headlight doors nor grilles in, but I've added them now to the Grilles, Moulding, & Headlight Doors tab here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-trim-and-moulding.html.