Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

The FTE'ers amoung us will recognize the title of this thread. So I'm starting it here to tell y'all what has happened to the site today - meaning whatever day I add things. (Note: This forum is but one page on the web site, which has 370 other pages.)

As you may know, Mike has been working on a 3G Conversion how-to, and it is close enough that I made it visible in the navigation menu.

In addition, Mike sent in two TSB's that have now been added:

Thanks, Mike!!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should also confess to having "massaged" the pdf's that Mike sent for the TSB's. I've OCR'd (Optical Character Recognition) them, which means there are actual words in the documents instead of pictures of words.

What does this mean? For one thing, you can search the document using your browser's search feature. For another, I hope that after Google is given a chance to crawl the site a few times people will be able to find the TSB's by searching for some of the words in them. In other words, they won't need to know the TSB name nor number.

We will see if this works, and if it does I'll OCR the other TSB as well as all future TSB's. And, speaking of future TSB's, Bill/Numberdummy has the master parts catalog in microfiche format, and the TSB's are supposed to be in that version. He's going to loan them to me and I'm going to send them off to a scanning/conversion service. So, we should have all the TSB's - and maybe some of the missing pages from the catalog. :nabble_smiley_good:

I guess I should also confess to having "massaged" the pdf's that Mike sent for the TSB's. I've OCR'd (Optical Character Recognition) them, which means there are actual words in the documents instead of pictures of words.

What does this mean? For one thing, you can search the document using your browser's search feature. For another, I hope that after Google is given a chance to crawl the site a few times people will be able to find the TSB's by searching for some of the words in them. In other words, they won't need to know the TSB name nor number.

We will see if this works, and if it does I'll OCR the other TSB as well as all future TSB's. And, speaking of future TSB's, Bill/Numberdummy has the master parts catalog in microfiche format, and the TSB's are supposed to be in that version. He's going to loan them to me and I'm going to send them off to a scanning/conversion service. So, we should have all the TSB's - and maybe some of the missing pages from the catalog. :nabble_smiley_good:

Excellent sir! I am quite familiar with the IAC bypass, had to put one on our 1990 Town Car.

Excellent sir! I am quite familiar with the IAC bypass, had to put one on our 1990 Town Car.

Thanks for the compliment, Bill. I do hope to get all the TSB's that apply to our trucks on here, but that's such a daunting task that I'm going to wait until I get the microfiche from Bill, which should make it dramatically easier.

Google apparently hasn't yet found the two new TSB pages as searching my site for even the numbers of the TSB's turns up nothing. But I've joined Google's Search Console function and will be watching as it starts reporting the "crawl statistics" its bots kick out.

Thanks for the compliment, Bill. I do hope to get all the TSB's that apply to our trucks on here, but that's such a daunting task that I'm going to wait until I get the microfiche from Bill, which should make it dramatically easier.

Google apparently hasn't yet found the two new TSB pages as searching my site for even the numbers of the TSB's turns up nothing. But I've joined Google's Search Console function and will be watching as it starts reporting the "crawl statistics" its bots kick out.

I've done the following:

• Added a lot of part numbers in the tailgate section

• Deleted the Box Rails, Tailgates, and Tailgate Handles pages, and redirected those pages to the Beds, Tailgates, & Components page

So, I think I'm done with that section for the moment, although someone might want part numbers for the bed parts. What do y'all think?

As you may know, Mike has been working on a 3G Conversion how-to, and it is close enough that I made it visible in the navigation menu.

Thanks, Mike!!

Thanks Mike!

Gary,

I can confirm that the pivot mount alternators are 7" & 8.25" C-C. (not 8.125)

That the 7" was found on the 3.0l, and the 8.25" on the 3.8l V-6.

Let's include the tsb in the writeup?

Thanks, Mike!!

Thanks Mike!

Gary,

I can confirm that the pivot mount alternators are 7" & 8.25" C-C. (not 8.125)

That the 7" was found on the 3.0l, and the 8.25" on the 3.8l V-6.

Let's include the tsb in the writeup?

What TSB? Do you have a link? I can add it.

The "replace this plug every time or it will melt the harness" 2G TSB.

(I was talking about the 3G swap article, wasn't I?

Yup, but I'm looking for a link to the TSB itself. I found a references to #96214, which is probably 96-21-4. But I've not found the actual TSB.

Mike - I'm looking via the link you sent, but haven't found it yet.

Yup, but I'm looking for a link to the TSB itself. I found a references to #96214, which is probably 96-21-4. But I've not found the actual TSB.

Mike - I'm looking via the link you sent, but haven't found it yet.

Here 'tis: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=42041

I'll add it to the TSB's later today/tomorrow, and then we could put a link to it in the 3G writeup.

Mike - Would it be ok if I just make the "TSB 96-21-4" a link?