Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Well, we have the 1995 460 instructions on there. (Documentation/Engine/385 Series) But I could put the 1985 section on there as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Will be later in the week though.

I would like to stick with a v-belt setup for now, hence the desire for 1985. I could always pull up the MPC, but it loads pretty slow for me, and sometimes it's just quicker and easier to produce the part/engineering numbers via the illustrations here.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to stick with a v-belt setup for now, hence the desire for 1985. I could always pull up the MPC, but it loads pretty slow for me, and sometimes it's just quicker and easier to produce the part/engineering numbers via the illustrations here.

I use the pages here instead of looking for it in the MPC all the time, so fully understand. I'll put the 1985 FSM's section on the 460 in soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

I use the pages here instead of looking for it in the MPC all the time, so fully understand. I'll put the 1985 FSM's section on the 460 in soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, with the exception of the little 3.8L/232 CI V6, we have all of the sections for the engines that came in the Bullnose trucks:

• 3.8L/232: We have a page, replete with specifications, illustrations, and part numbers, but no FSM instructions since it isn't in any of the FSM's I have. So, if anyone has an '82 or '83 FSM and wants to cut that section out and scan it in, we'd have a complete engine section. (David - please keep your eyes open for just the Engine book from an '82 or '83 FSM set.)

• 300 Six: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1985 FSM for the 300 Six.

• Windsor: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1981 FSM for the 255's, 302's, and 351W's.

• 351M & 400: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1981 FSM for the M-Block engines.

• 460: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from both the 1985 and 1995 FSM's for the 460's.

• IDI Diesel: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1985 FSM for the IDI.

And, I LOVE MY NEW SCANNER!!!!! It took me less than an hour to scan in and OCR 269 pages. Or, to put it another way, I'd cut a section out of my FSM, typically about 50 pages or so, stick them in the scanner, and start cutting out another section. Usually the computer would be done scanning and optically recognizing (OCR'ing) the pages before I got the next section cut out - with a sharp scalpel.

:nabble_anim_jump:

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, with the exception of the little 3.8L/232 CI V6, we have all of the sections for the engines that came in the Bullnose trucks:

• 3.8L/232: We have a page, replete with specifications, illustrations, and part numbers, but no FSM instructions since it isn't in any of the FSM's I have. So, if anyone has an '82 or '83 FSM and wants to cut that section out and scan it in, we'd have a complete engine section. (David - please keep your eyes open for just the Engine book from an '82 or '83 FSM set.)

• 300 Six: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1985 FSM for the 300 Six.

• Windsor: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1981 FSM for the 255's, 302's, and 351W's.

• 351M & 400: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1981 FSM for the M-Block engines.

• 460: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from both the 1985 and 1995 FSM's for the 460's.

• IDI Diesel: Includes specifications, part numbers, illustrations, and instructions from the 1985 FSM for the IDI.

And, I LOVE MY NEW SCANNER!!!!! It took me less than an hour to scan in and OCR 269 pages. Or, to put it another way, I'd cut a section out of my FSM, typically about 50 pages or so, stick them in the scanner, and start cutting out another section. Usually the computer would be done scanning and optically recognizing (OCR'ing) the pages before I got the next section cut out - with a sharp scalpel.

:nabble_anim_jump:

And, our resident "finder", David, has found the 1983 Engine book from the FSM, so I'll have it in a few days and will scan the 3.8L section in and we will have a complete Engine section on the website.

Thanks, David! :nabble_smiley_good:

And, our resident "finder", David, has found the 1983 Engine book from the FSM, so I'll have it in a few days and will scan the 3.8L section in and we will have a complete Engine section on the website.

Thanks, David! :nabble_smiley_good:

Man that’s great! Thanks!

Welcome! Doing my best to make sure we have the best documentation anywhere in the world on these trucks. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Had another sorta big day today, documentation wise. Took a bunch of documentation out to the ladies who do the scanning I can't do, including several from Shaun. But, some of the things I could do so here's what I did. And, I need your help on some of them.

• Emissions Info: Here's one place I need help. I have a book called 1985 CAR & TRUCK ENGINE/EMISSION FACTS ROOK SUMMARY which has some info on the emissions systems as well as a very good glossary of terms, a parts symbol identification chart, and all the 1985 calibration codes, which includes the vacuum diagrams. I scanned in only the 112 pages applicable to our trucks and put the document on a tab called 1985 Emissions Info on the Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s page. I'd really appreciate it if you'd look it over and help me figure out where it really ought to go.

• CB Radio: Shaun sent several documents that I could scan, and they are on the Instructions tab and include:

Operating Instructions

Quick Start Card

Using Your CB

Plain English Rules

FCC Form 505

• 1980 Light Truck Exterior Colors: This is on the Documentation/Literature/1980 Literature page and shows the colors as well as the Tu-Tone options for the trucks. And it is from Shaun as well.

• 1986 Literature: I added a couple of documents here:

Color & Trim Selections: Shows the interior colors and trim available in 1986 for the F-Series and Bronco truck, as well as the wheel options.

Operating Guide: Another thing from Shaun, this shows how to operate the trucks.

Had another sorta big day today, documentation wise. Took a bunch of documentation out to the ladies who do the scanning I can't do, including several from Shaun. But, some of the things I could do so here's what I did. And, I need your help on some of them.

• Emissions Info: Here's one place I need help. I have a book called 1985 CAR & TRUCK ENGINE/EMISSION FACTS ROOK SUMMARY which has some info on the emissions systems as well as a very good glossary of terms, a parts symbol identification chart, and all the 1985 calibration codes, which includes the vacuum diagrams. I scanned in only the 112 pages applicable to our trucks and put the document on a tab called 1985 Emissions Info on the Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s page. I'd really appreciate it if you'd look it over and help me figure out where it really ought to go.

• CB Radio: Shaun sent several documents that I could scan, and they are on the Instructions tab and include:

Operating Instructions

Quick Start Card

Using Your CB

Plain English Rules

FCC Form 505

• 1980 Light Truck Exterior Colors: This is on the Documentation/Literature/1980 Literature page and shows the colors as well as the Tu-Tone options for the trucks. And it is from Shaun as well.

• 1986 Literature: I added a couple of documents here:

Color & Trim Selections: Shows the interior colors and trim available in 1986 for the F-Series and Bronco truck, as well as the wheel options.

Operating Guide: Another thing from Shaun, this shows how to operate the trucks.

:nabble_anim_claps:

I can't say the extra CB stuff (generic FCC literature) is as important as the actual user manual, but it does provide some insight into a bygone time where CBs were in a large majority of vehicles and were the method of choice for mobile communication. Nowadays my CB just sits quietly with the occasional squelch from someone too far away to transmit clearly.

:nabble_anim_claps:

I can't say the extra CB stuff (generic FCC literature) is as important as the actual user manual, but it does provide some insight into a bygone time where CBs were in a large majority of vehicles and were the method of choice for mobile communication. Nowadays my CB just sits quietly with the occasional squelch from someone too far away to transmit clearly.

Yes, it kind of completes the picture.