Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

That's where you come in, right? :nabble_smiley_wink:

You think I should write a book? ME? That's a huge undertaking, and one I'd never, ever thought of. Hmmm, we'd (get that "we"?) need lots of pics, but they can't be from the brochures w/o Ford's approval. And that would be hard to get I'd imagine.

How 'bout we just do a really good job on the Year-To-Year Differences page? I'm not selling anything or charging fees so Ford may not protest over the use of some pics from brochures. And, as we start fleshing out the differences we'll be able to update the page, which is something you can't easily do w/a book.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I should write a book? ME? That's a huge undertaking, and one I'd never, ever thought of. Hmmm, we'd (get that "we"?) need lots of pics, but they can't be from the brochures w/o Ford's approval. And that would be hard to get I'd imagine.

How 'bout we just do a really good job on the Year-To-Year Differences page? I'm not selling anything or charging fees so Ford may not protest over the use of some pics from brochures. And, as we start fleshing out the differences we'll be able to update the page, which is something you can't easily do w/a book.

Sounds good to me (although I'd really like a bullnose dedicated book :) ).

Happy to provide any photos or numbers that I can get off of the trucks/parts I have available.

Sounds good to me (although I'd really like a bullnose dedicated book :) ).

Happy to provide any photos or numbers that I can get off of the trucks/parts I have available.

Kramttocs - Not sure what pics we might need, but I'll get back w/you when we do.

All - We have a new brochure, the 1986 Accessories one. And, on Page 10 is the step we discussed recently.

The brochure has been scanned at 600 dpi into multiple pdf's, then merged into one pdf, and then the file size reduced from 450 Mb to 10 Mb. It still looks very good to me when I view the file, but not so good off the website. So, I'd appreciate your feedback.

It is available via Literature/1986 Literature.

Kramttocs - Not sure what pics we might need, but I'll get back w/you when we do.

All - We have a new brochure, the 1986 Accessories one. And, on Page 10 is the step we discussed recently.

The brochure has been scanned at 600 dpi into multiple pdf's, then merged into one pdf, and then the file size reduced from 450 Mb to 10 Mb. It still looks very good to me when I view the file, but not so good off the website. So, I'd appreciate your feedback.

It is available via Literature/1986 Literature.

That's neat! Seemed to work good for me.

Have you driven a Ford lately? I was at the Pomona raceway, in the pits, when Bob Glidden was starting to own Pro Stock and he had that on the back of his race car.

That's neat! Seemed to work good for me.

Have you driven a Ford lately? I was at the Pomona raceway, in the pits, when Bob Glidden was starting to own Pro Stock and he had that on the back of his race car.

Thanks for the feedback. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's a cool memory. Wow, being in the pits at Pomona! I've heard about that place for forever, but have never been there.

Lots of people got to read that slogan - if only briefly, before the chute deployed.

Thanks for the feedback. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's a cool memory. Wow, being in the pits at Pomona! I've heard about that place for forever, but have never been there.

Lots of people got to read that slogan - if only briefly, before the chute deployed.

Well, it is almost Christmas, so here's one of your presents. :nabble_smiley_wink:

We have a new member that is going to ask questions about parts for his rear axle. At least that's what he said in his contact form/email to me. So, I spent some time trying to get ahead of him by getting the info on the website.

I did it with a bit different approach than in the past, and I'd like your feedback on how it works - or doesn't. Please?

Go to the Driveline/Axles & Differentials page and click on the Rear Axles & Differentials tab. Here are the tabs you'll see:

• Applications Listing: This is the info that's been on the website for some time, and via it you should be able to pick out your axle, although you may have to start with the certification label decoder or find the tag on the axle first. From this list you can get the illustration # and parts list # for your axle.

• Parts Lists: This tab has an extract from the Master Parts Catalog of the pages holding just the parts lists for the Bullnose F & U-series trucks. This is exactly what is in the MPC, at least the 1994 version thereof, so is "gospel", but these are my optical character recognized (OCR'd) pages in a pdf. And the the pages that don't apply to us have been removed so you don't have to look at all the "other" axles. And because they've been OCR'd you can search them.

• Illustrations: These are also pdf's of the illustrations, and they have also been OCR'd. So, you can search them as well. But, maybe more importantly, you can zoom in on them w/o them getting blurry.

Anyway, please see what you think as I believe this approach will be a big help when we are working on things. But, if it doesn't work then I need to know.

Well, it is almost Christmas, so here's one of your presents. :nabble_smiley_wink:

We have a new member that is going to ask questions about parts for his rear axle. At least that's what he said in his contact form/email to me. So, I spent some time trying to get ahead of him by getting the info on the website.

I did it with a bit different approach than in the past, and I'd like your feedback on how it works - or doesn't. Please?

Go to the Driveline/Axles & Differentials page and click on the Rear Axles & Differentials tab. Here are the tabs you'll see:

• Applications Listing: This is the info that's been on the website for some time, and via it you should be able to pick out your axle, although you may have to start with the certification label decoder or find the tag on the axle first. From this list you can get the illustration # and parts list # for your axle.

• Parts Lists: This tab has an extract from the Master Parts Catalog of the pages holding just the parts lists for the Bullnose F & U-series trucks. This is exactly what is in the MPC, at least the 1994 version thereof, so is "gospel", but these are my optical character recognized (OCR'd) pages in a pdf. And the the pages that don't apply to us have been removed so you don't have to look at all the "other" axles. And because they've been OCR'd you can search them.

• Illustrations: These are also pdf's of the illustrations, and they have also been OCR'd. So, you can search them as well. But, maybe more importantly, you can zoom in on them w/o them getting blurry.

Anyway, please see what you think as I believe this approach will be a big help when we are working on things. But, if it doesn't work then I need to know.

Very nice sir. Interesting to look at even the 10.25" sterling and see the number of older parts still being used.

Very nice sir. Interesting to look at even the 10.25" sterling and see the number of older parts still being used.

Thanks. I'll assume that it worked well for you.

It is interesting to see how parts were replaced by '94 when that version of the MPC was produced. There are even some 1990's parts in the listings.