Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

I also added a page on dimensions and weights (Specifications/Dimensions and Weights). This was in order to try to answer the multiple questions about ride height.

Today I added a page which shows the gear ratios for all the transmissions used in the Bullnose trucks. It's at Driveline/Transmissions/Transmission & Transfer Case Gear Ratios. And, the information therein comes from the annual Light Truck Facts Books, so should be accurate.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I added a page which shows the gear ratios for all the transmissions used in the Bullnose trucks. It's at Driveline/Transmissions/Transmission & Transfer Case Gear Ratios. And, the information therein comes from the annual Light Truck Facts Books, so should be accurate.

Today Trent Alexander asked me via FB if I knew whether the F250 4x4 front springs are the same as the F350 4x4 springs. I didn't but had a couple of hours before my next appointment so added the front spring information for all the trucks to the website. It is in Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension, and then the Part #'s and then Springs tabs.

But, this was an eye-opener! I do this via screen grabs to get just the F-Series and Bronco (U-Series) info, and in just the 1980 and early 1981 years alone I had 26 separate screen grabs! However, in the next 5 1/2 years I only had 10 screen grabs. Why the difference?

On March 13th of 1981 Ford changed the way they listed the springs. Prior to that they listed each year, truck (F100, 150, etc), drive (2wd & 4wd), and each GVW rating. And then they usually had 3 different sets of front springs - probably to go with different engine weights. And this made for a huge list, even though there weren't that many different springs used.

As of March 13th 1981 they just started listing the spring codes that were put on the certification label. And since there weren't that many codes it made for a much shorter list. However, you do have to find your code and then go to the Cross Reference Chart to find the spring's rating, but that's not that difficult.

Having said that, I also noticed at least one other thing - the same spring is given many different ratings in the early list. I don't know for sure which is correct, but they all had the same part number so I'd go with the rating on the Cross Reference Chart.

Enjoy!

Today Trent Alexander asked me via FB if I knew whether the F250 4x4 front springs are the same as the F350 4x4 springs. I didn't but had a couple of hours before my next appointment so added the front spring information for all the trucks to the website. It is in Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension, and then the Part #'s and then Springs tabs.

But, this was an eye-opener! I do this via screen grabs to get just the F-Series and Bronco (U-Series) info, and in just the 1980 and early 1981 years alone I had 26 separate screen grabs! However, in the next 5 1/2 years I only had 10 screen grabs. Why the difference?

On March 13th of 1981 Ford changed the way they listed the springs. Prior to that they listed each year, truck (F100, 150, etc), drive (2wd & 4wd), and each GVW rating. And then they usually had 3 different sets of front springs - probably to go with different engine weights. And this made for a huge list, even though there weren't that many different springs used.

As of March 13th 1981 they just started listing the spring codes that were put on the certification label. And since there weren't that many codes it made for a much shorter list. However, you do have to find your code and then go to the Cross Reference Chart to find the spring's rating, but that's not that difficult.

Having said that, I also noticed at least one other thing - the same spring is given many different ratings in the early list. I don't know for sure which is correct, but they all had the same part number so I'd go with the rating on the Cross Reference Chart.

Enjoy!

Today I was adding the 351W part #'s to the website since Don/Pebcak wanted to know the part number for the valve cover bolts, and as I was starting to cut and paste screen shots I had an idea - why not just put the whole pdf for the 351W on?

So, I created a new pdf with just the 351W's parts, all 16 pages, and added it. All in all it might have taken 5 minutes - instead of the much longer process of taking screen shots and pasting them on the web page. Plus, it is searchable! Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Full Screen" icon in the lower right and it'll open the doc on a new tab in your browser. And on that tab you can search for names or #'s, zoom in, etc. I got so excited that I did the same thing for the 300 six and the 351M/400. :nabble_anim_jump:

Go check it out for yourself - see the Part #'s tabs on each of these pages:

Today I was adding the 351W part #'s to the website since Don/Pebcak wanted to know the part number for the valve cover bolts, and as I was starting to cut and paste screen shots I had an idea - why not just put the whole pdf for the 351W on?

So, I created a new pdf with just the 351W's parts, all 16 pages, and added it. All in all it might have taken 5 minutes - instead of the much longer process of taking screen shots and pasting them on the web page. Plus, it is searchable! Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Full Screen" icon in the lower right and it'll open the doc on a new tab in your browser. And on that tab you can search for names or #'s, zoom in, etc. I got so excited that I did the same thing for the 300 six and the 351M/400. :nabble_anim_jump:

Go check it out for yourself - see the Part #'s tabs on each of these pages:

Well, that was so easy that I've added the full parts listing for all of the engines now. A total of 95 pages added today.

Well, that was so easy that I've added the full parts listing for all of the engines now. A total of 95 pages added today.

These are great! Thanks

So when are you going to publish a Bullnose coffee table book? :)

Was in B&N the other day and looked through a Ford one that had some photos and captions dedicated to them but nothing substantial.

These are great! Thanks

So when are you going to publish a Bullnose coffee table book? :)

Was in B&N the other day and looked through a Ford one that had some photos and captions dedicated to them but nothing substantial.

There's a book dedicated to Bullnose trucks? Or did I misunderstand?

There's a book dedicated to Bullnose trucks? Or did I misunderstand?

No or at least not that I found there. It was high level Ford vehicles through the years. Had some neat brochure pics of the 80's trucks but not the nitty gritty details that I'd like to see in a dedicated one.

No or at least not that I found there. It was high level Ford vehicles through the years. Had some neat brochure pics of the 80's trucks but not the nitty gritty details that I'd like to see in a dedicated one.

I've looked at a bunch of books on Ford trucks, and even have one or two. But none of them do anything for the Bullnose ones. In fact, some of them leave them out.