Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Yes, sort of like that, Bill. Got a pair on Blue and another pair on Janey's GLK. But they are buried pretty deep so pics aren't easy.

Got 4 more training manuals scanned today for another ~400 pages. So we are pushing 2000 pages in the last few days. Here's today's haul:

• Distributorless Ignition Systems: Covers the history of ignition systems including magnetos, breaker points, solid-state systems, EEC/Electronic Engine Control, TFI-I, TFI-IV, & DIS/Distributorless Systems. And since this discusses the SHO engine I'll tag Chris/ctubutis.

• Compressor/Clutch Overhaul - Ford Dealer Installed A/C Systems: Explains how to overhaul the compressors used in the dealer-installed A/C systems. This includes the York & Tecumseh 2-cylinder units, Frigidaire 6-cylinder, Nippondenso 6-cylinder, & the Ford FS-6. In addition it discusses several competitive systems, including GM's CCOT (Cycling Clutch Orifice Tube), GM POA (Pilot Operated Absolute) Valve-in-Receiver (VIR), Chrysler's Cycling Clutch and Low Pressure Cut-Out Switches, and those of American Motors Company (AMC).

I have ~20 more that I got from the lady at church, but I don't think I'll scan all of them as several of them are for vehicles or systems that don't apply at all to the Bullnose trucks. (Yes, I know DIS and electronic suspension and steering don't apply, but they are interesting. Don't really see the 4EAT transaxle theory & operations all that interesting.)

Merry Christmas on the 4th of July. Just got two documents scanned today, both of which are on the same webpage: EEC-IV Sensors & Actuators - Original Bulletin & Later Update

• ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROLS (EEC-IV)SENSORS AND ACTUATORS (THROUGH MODEL YEAR 1986) 36 pages

• ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROLS (EEC-IV) INFORMATION UPDATE (THROUGH MODEL YEAR 1986) 20 pages

Note that both of them refer to the "Emission Diagnosis/Engine Electronics Shop Manual, Volume H", which we also have on the site.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas on the 4th of July. Just got two documents scanned today, both of which are on the same webpage: EEC-IV Sensors & Actuators - Original Bulletin & Later Update

• ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROLS (EEC-IV)SENSORS AND ACTUATORS (THROUGH MODEL YEAR 1986) 36 pages

• ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROLS (EEC-IV) INFORMATION UPDATE (THROUGH MODEL YEAR 1986) 20 pages

Note that both of them refer to the "Emission Diagnosis/Engine Electronics Shop Manual, Volume H", which we also have on the site.

I now have all of the documents that I got from the lady at church scanned and on the site. Today the last two were:

David/1986F150Six - I'm going to tag you as I'd like to fill in the missing documents in these three lists over time, so maybe you could watch for them to come up at a reasonable, if not very good, price? I'm thinking that if we have money left in the operating budget at the end of the year I'd use the funds for adding to the library, but if you find a really good deal now I'd probably buy it myself.

Yes, sort of like that, Bill. Got a pair on Blue and another pair on Janey's GLK. But they are buried pretty deep so pics aren't easy.

Got 4 more training manuals scanned today for another ~400 pages. So we are pushing 2000 pages in the last few days. Here's today's haul:

• Distributorless Ignition Systems: Covers the history of ignition systems including magnetos, breaker points, solid-state systems, EEC/Electronic Engine Control, TFI-I, TFI-IV, & DIS/Distributorless Systems. And since this discusses the SHO engine I'll tag Chris/ctubutis.

• Compressor/Clutch Overhaul - Ford Dealer Installed A/C Systems: Explains how to overhaul the compressors used in the dealer-installed A/C systems. This includes the York & Tecumseh 2-cylinder units, Frigidaire 6-cylinder, Nippondenso 6-cylinder, & the Ford FS-6. In addition it discusses several competitive systems, including GM's CCOT (Cycling Clutch Orifice Tube), GM POA (Pilot Operated Absolute) Valve-in-Receiver (VIR), Chrysler's Cycling Clutch and Low Pressure Cut-Out Switches, and those of American Motors Company (AMC).

I have ~20 more that I got from the lady at church, but I don't think I'll scan all of them as several of them are for vehicles or systems that don't apply at all to the Bullnose trucks. (Yes, I know DIS and electronic suspension and steering don't apply, but they are interesting. Don't really see the 4EAT transaxle theory & operations all that interesting.)

Once the engine is in the car, the only way you can see it is from below on a lift, or by removing the air filter completely. That is the firewall side of the engine and transaxle.

• 1 month later...

Once the engine is in the car, the only way you can see it is from below on a lift, or by removing the air filter completely. That is the firewall side of the engine and transaxle.

We now have a new section - 3D Printing. You can see it in the menu: Documentation/3D Printing. And as of today the only page is the Brake Booster Pushrod Gauge page, which is a tool that Vivek designed and printed. But the files are on there for any of you to print.

Having said that, while the factory shop manual calls for it to be 2 15/16" wide he found that it was a bit too wide for his '78 Bronco. But it worked perfectly on his '86 F250 parts truck. So we need to remember what the stud spacing is for the various Bullnose trucks to ensure it'll fit everything.

Anyway, thanks Vivek! :nabble_anim_claps:

We now have a new section - 3D Printing. You can see it in the menu: Documentation/3D Printing. And as of today the only page is the Brake Booster Pushrod Gauge page, which is a tool that Vivek designed and printed. But the files are on there for any of you to print.

Having said that, while the factory shop manual calls for it to be 2 15/16" wide he found that it was a bit too wide for his '78 Bronco. But it worked perfectly on his '86 F250 parts truck. So we need to remember what the stud spacing is for the various Bullnose trucks to ensure it'll fit everything.

Anyway, thanks Vivek! :nabble_anim_claps:

Can we somehow merge/link this with the additive manufacturing page I created a few years back? 🤔

Can we somehow merge/link this with the additive manufacturing page I created a few years back? 🤔

In the back of my mind I think I assumed that the two had different purposes, with the thread being to discuss additive manufacturing and the page being to provide a place for us to store files we can use on 3D printers. But I'd not really thought about it. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

So let's discuss it here and see what we want to do. Here are some thoughts of mine:

• At the moment Chris/ckuske and I are the only ones with editing capability of the Weebly site while any member can comment or upload files on the Nabble thread. I said "Nabble" because I don't actually know whether InVision supports uploading files other than pics for storage, nor how big those files can be.

• I set the menu item called "3D Printing" up to be non-clickable for two reasons. First, you have problems getting to the sub-pages when the menu item is clickable. Second, I didn't think we had anything to say about 3D printing itself and were just using this set of pages to hold uploaded files. But if we want to make it clickable we could then put a link on it to the thread.

What are your thoughts, Jim? And what about the rest of y'all? It doesn't have to be just the two of us.

In the back of my mind I think I assumed that the two had different purposes, with the thread being to discuss additive manufacturing and the page being to provide a place for us to store files we can use on 3D printers. But I'd not really thought about it. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

So let's discuss it here and see what we want to do. Here are some thoughts of mine:

• At the moment Chris/ckuske and I are the only ones with editing capability of the Weebly site while any member can comment or upload files on the Nabble thread. I said "Nabble" because I don't actually know whether InVision supports uploading files other than pics for storage, nor how big those files can be.

• I set the menu item called "3D Printing" up to be non-clickable for two reasons. First, you have problems getting to the sub-pages when the menu item is clickable. Second, I didn't think we had anything to say about 3D printing itself and were just using this set of pages to hold uploaded files. But if we want to make it clickable we could then put a link on it to the thread.

What are your thoughts, Jim? And what about the rest of y'all? It doesn't have to be just the two of us.

Maybe I (or you!) need to edit my opening post to say we have XYZ files for Bullnose trucks that are available as STL (or whatever format you actually have) for you to download and print.

Also, I think that some members who have monotized their designs (This Old Truck, with their bezels, and maybe Ron) might want them paywalled or links to where they could be purchased.

Maybe I (or you!) need to edit my opening post to say we have XYZ files for Bullnose trucks that are available as STL (or whatever format you actually have) for you to download and print.

Also, I think that some members who have monotized their designs (This Old Truck, with their bezels, and maybe Ron) might want them paywalled or links to where they could be purchased.

I think that is a good idea. But since we don't know what nor how many files we will have at any point in time maybe you should just put in a link.... oops, that won't work. You can't put in a link to a non-clickable menu entry. So maybe the best thing you can do is to say that we have a set of pages with 3D files available at Documentation/3D Printing in the menu.

I have a feeling, with nothing to substantiate it, that when we get to know InVision we will discover new ways of doing things. But right now we are limited by the two different products we are using - Nabble and Weebly. Both have limitations and we are living in the overlap of those two.

I think that is a good idea. But since we don't know what nor how many files we will have at any point in time maybe you should just put in a link.... oops, that won't work. You can't put in a link to a non-clickable menu entry. So maybe the best thing you can do is to say that we have a set of pages with 3D files available at Documentation/3D Printing in the menu.

I have a feeling, with nothing to substantiate it, that when we get to know InVision we will discover new ways of doing things. But right now we are limited by the two different products we are using - Nabble and Weebly. Both have limitations and we are living in the overlap of those two.

I'm well aware of the Venn set.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I'm well aware of the Venn set.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I know you are. But doubt that many of the others are. So I said that for their benefit, whomever "they" may be.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the move to InVision. I know there will be some bumps in the road, but there's so much more road! So many places to explore. New horizons. :nabble_smiley_beam: