Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Today's addition to the library is the 1980 Service Highlights booklet on Engine, Emission & Related Systems. It is listed on the page at Library/Annual Service Literature and, like the one on Climate Control Features, is courtesy of Paul/Rockhauler. Thanks, Paul!

Here’s another addition to the Library/Ford Training Manuals list: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/electronic-fuel-injection.html.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s another addition to the Library/Ford Training Manuals list: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/electronic-fuel-injection.html.

I have the spark plugs out of Big Blue and the new ones on order, so there wasn't much I could do today but either clean the shop or scan documents. But I hate to clean the shop so I scanned, OCR'd, and put 6 more documents in the library with a total of almost 500 pages: :nabble_anim_working:

• Automotive Electrical Systems Review: This is just a 43-page review of that 179-page manual, but it might be good enough to give anyone a better understanding of the systems on these trucks quickly.

• Automotive Measuring Devices & Systems: 91 pages which cover the description, selection and use of various automotive measuring devices. It also contains descriptions of pressure, temperature and distance measurement systems applicable to automotive concerns.

• Automatic Overdrive Transmission Operation & Diagnosis: 107 pages that covers the operation & diagnosis of the AOT/AOD transmission. It includes a general description of the transmission and in-depth descriptions of the torque converter, planetary gearset, hydraulic system & schematics, and a diagnostic section.

And I revised the pages of the library. The main library page, the one you get to by clicking Library, has Jeff's pic/cartoon, a note on how people can get documents to me and what ones we don't take, and links to the other pages - the ones in the drop-down menu below Library.

I have the spark plugs out of Big Blue and the new ones on order, so there wasn't much I could do today but either clean the shop or scan documents. But I hate to clean the shop so I scanned, OCR'd, and put 6 more documents in the library with a total of almost 500 pages: :nabble_anim_working:

• Automotive Electrical Systems Review: This is just a 43-page review of that 179-page manual, but it might be good enough to give anyone a better understanding of the systems on these trucks quickly.

• Automotive Measuring Devices & Systems: 91 pages which cover the description, selection and use of various automotive measuring devices. It also contains descriptions of pressure, temperature and distance measurement systems applicable to automotive concerns.

• Automatic Overdrive Transmission Operation & Diagnosis: 107 pages that covers the operation & diagnosis of the AOT/AOD transmission. It includes a general description of the transmission and in-depth descriptions of the torque converter, planetary gearset, hydraulic system & schematics, and a diagnostic section.

And I revised the pages of the library. The main library page, the one you get to by clicking Library, has Jeff's pic/cartoon, a note on how people can get documents to me and what ones we don't take, and links to the other pages - the ones in the drop-down menu below Library.

Six more training manuals today totaling 626 pages. That's about 1500 pages across 15 manuals in the last 5 days.

My goodness, you've been busy! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks. Lots of good documentation there. I've tagged my grandson as I know he will want to read it.

That is excellent reading material for just about anyone!!! If I had the time, I would read all of it.

That is excellent reading material for just about anyone!!! If I had the time, I would read all of it.

There is a lot of overlap in these so it is hard to recommend exactly which ones to read. But there's a course outlined in most of them and I'm thinking that I'll get my head around it and see if I can outline it so people see a way through them.

But I think that is going to point out a lot of holes in our documentation. So maybe if we have operating money left over at the end of each year we might buy a few of of those if we can find them. How does that sound?

There is a lot of overlap in these so it is hard to recommend exactly which ones to read. But there's a course outlined in most of them and I'm thinking that I'll get my head around it and see if I can outline it so people see a way through them.

But I think that is going to point out a lot of holes in our documentation. So maybe if we have operating money left over at the end of each year we might buy a few of of those if we can find them. How does that sound?

Got 4 more scanned in this morning for another ~200 pages:

Turbochargers, hmm I think I've heard about them, sort of like this:

DSCN2758.thumb.jpg.6e91cbfc884c58620f6229b774183039.jpg

Garrett T04 unit used on the Carrol Shelby engineered Turbo Chrysler engines in a blow-through system with intercooler.

Turbochargers, hmm I think I've heard about them, sort of like this:

Garrett T04 unit used on the Carrol Shelby engineered Turbo Chrysler engines in a blow-through system with intercooler.

Yes, sort of like that, Bill. Got a pair on Blue and another pair on Janey's GLK. But they are buried pretty deep so pics aren't easy.

Got 4 more training manuals scanned today for another ~400 pages. So we are pushing 2000 pages in the last few days. Here's today's haul:

• Distributorless Ignition Systems: Covers the history of ignition systems including magnetos, breaker points, solid-state systems, EEC/Electronic Engine Control, TFI-I, TFI-IV, & DIS/Distributorless Systems. And since this discusses the SHO engine I'll tag Chris/ctubutis.

• Compressor/Clutch Overhaul - Ford Dealer Installed A/C Systems: Explains how to overhaul the compressors used in the dealer-installed A/C systems. This includes the York & Tecumseh 2-cylinder units, Frigidaire 6-cylinder, Nippondenso 6-cylinder, & the Ford FS-6. In addition it discusses several competitive systems, including GM's CCOT (Cycling Clutch Orifice Tube), GM POA (Pilot Operated Absolute) Valve-in-Receiver (VIR), Chrysler's Cycling Clutch and Low Pressure Cut-Out Switches, and those of American Motors Company (AMC).

I have ~20 more that I got from the lady at church, but I don't think I'll scan all of them as several of them are for vehicles or systems that don't apply at all to the Bullnose trucks. (Yes, I know DIS and electronic suspension and steering don't apply, but they are interesting. Don't really see the 4EAT transaxle theory & operations all that interesting.)