Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Thanks so much Paul, time still going on and each paper will become more difficult to find.

Feeding Gary’s Library is important, thanks for contributing!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Discussing things with René this morning about cooling systems I remembered that I have a copy of Ford's Service Technician Specialty Training (STST) manual on Engine Cooling System & Components. So I scanned it in and put it on the page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Engine Cooling System Training Manual.

Hopefully that will help someone out on how the cooling system is meant to work.

Discussing things with René this morning about cooling systems I remembered that I have a copy of Ford's Service Technician Specialty Training (STST) manual on Engine Cooling System & Components. So I scanned it in and put it on the page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Engine Cooling System Training Manual.

Hopefully that will help someone out on how the cooling system is meant to work.

Was doing some work on Big Blue's alternator and wanted to swap regulators with the alternator I built for Dad's truck but wasn't sure what screws to pull. So I looked in our documentation and discovered we had nada on alternators. So now on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Alternators we have the factory shop manual sections on the 1G, 2G, & both the 95A and 130A 3G regulators - for a total of 45 pages.

So now I can easily see what screws to pull. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Was doing some work on Big Blue's alternator and wanted to swap regulators with the alternator I built for Dad's truck but wasn't sure what screws to pull. So I looked in our documentation and discovered we had nada on alternators. So now on the page at Documentation/Electrical/Alternators we have the factory shop manual sections on the 1G, 2G, & both the 95A and 130A 3G regulators - for a total of 45 pages.

So now I can easily see what screws to pull. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Always adding to the knowledge base!

"Ground here to test"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and yes. :nabble_smiley_wink:

A couple more things are on the site:

• 1980 Service Highlights - Climate Control Features: 27-page document that explains what is new with the 1980 systems as well as how they work. You can find it listed on the page at Library/Annual Service Literature./h6>

• Air Inlet Control Systems: 52 pages on how the inlet systems work and why they are important. It, and the booklet called ​Engine Cooling Systems & Components, are listed on the page at Library/Ford Training Manuals.

A couple more things are on the site:

• 1980 Service Highlights - Climate Control Features: 27-page document that explains what is new with the 1980 systems as well as how they work. You can find it listed on the page at Library/Annual Service Literature./h6>

• Air Inlet Control Systems: 52 pages on how the inlet systems work and why they are important. It, and the booklet called ​Engine Cooling Systems & Components, are listed on the page at Library/Ford Training Manuals.

Gary, I downloaded the  "Air Inlet" PDF.

Interesting, thanks!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Gary, I downloaded the  "Air Inlet" PDF.

Interesting, thanks!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I have lots more. My grandson is a voracious reader and I think I need to scan some of this stuff and let him read it before he comes in a month.

Put another Ford training manual on the site. You can see it at Library/Training Manuals. Or directly here: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/gasoline-engine-operations.html

Most of the work on the Gasoline Engines document was done yesterday, so I decided the ~280 page Ignition Systems Theory & Operation book needed to be scanned, OCR'd, and uploaded today. You can find it in the list at Library/Training Manuals, or just follow this link: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ignition-system-theory--operation.html

But I will warn you that I scanned it at 600 dpi in color as the book uses color in the illustrations, so the file is large, about 162 Mb, so it'll take a while to load.

And, by the way, there is a discussion of push start and CCD ICMs on Page 6-8. (I'm tagging Matt and Bill.)

Most of the work on the Gasoline Engines document was done yesterday, so I decided the ~280 page Ignition Systems Theory & Operation book needed to be scanned, OCR'd, and uploaded today. You can find it in the list at Library/Training Manuals, or just follow this link: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ignition-system-theory--operation.html

But I will warn you that I scanned it at 600 dpi in color as the book uses color in the illustrations, so the file is large, about 162 Mb, so it'll take a while to load.

And, by the way, there is a discussion of push start and CCD ICMs on Page 6-8. (I'm tagging Matt and Bill.)

Today's addition to the library is the 1980 Service Highlights booklet on Engine, Emission & Related Systems. It is listed on the page at Library/Annual Service Literature and, like the one on Climate Control Features, is courtesy of Paul/Rockhauler. Thanks, Paul!