Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Someone might be able to piece the pigtail info together with those part numbers via the ID #'s on the connectors and the cross reference. But it would be a real challenge.

Anyway, welcome.

I'm not saying "someone should piece it together"

Just that other listings show the Motorcraft numbers.

But i guess Motorcraft don't sell the shells or pins alone and Ford doesn't have listings for the pigtails.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying "someone should piece it together"

Just that other listings show the Motorcraft numbers.

But i guess Motorcraft don't sell the shells or pins alone and Ford doesn't have listings for the pigtails.

I didn't think that you were suggesting that. I was just saying that it would be quite a task as there are a lot of bits of info that don't connect easily - if at all.

One thing we might do is when we have our hands on a connector to report what the ID # is. Then I could convert that to part number and update the MPC page.

I didn't think that you were suggesting that. I was just saying that it would be quite a task as there are a lot of bits of info that don't connect easily - if at all.

One thing we might do is when we have our hands on a connector to report what the ID # is. Then I could convert that to part number and update the MPC page.

How many do you want??

How many do you want??

Let's start small, Bill. I've already proven I cannot find all ID #'s in the cross ref as I can't find the one for Goose. Close, but this ain't hand grenades, and any little change can be a completely different part.

So if you give me the ID #, # of terminals, color, and usage for a few then I'll attempt to find them. :nabble_anim_working:

• 1 month later...

Let's start small, Bill. I've already proven I cannot find all ID #'s in the cross ref as I can't find the one for Goose. Close, but this ain't hand grenades, and any little change can be a completely different part.

So if you give me the ID #, # of terminals, color, and usage for a few then I'll attempt to find them. :nabble_anim_working:

We have a new page at Documentation/Suspension & Steering/Frames. On that page are the pages from the MPC that show what frames each truck takes. Or, maybe I should say the part numbers for those frames.

So while there are no dimensions, you can determine what trucks use the same frame. And to answer a question I've highlighted the part numbers for the F150's with 133" wheelbase.

We have a new page at Documentation/Suspension & Steering/Frames. On that page are the pages from the MPC that show what frames each truck takes. Or, maybe I should say the part numbers for those frames.

So while there are no dimensions, you can determine what trucks use the same frame. And to answer a question I've highlighted the part numbers for the F150's with 133" wheelbase.

A couple of updates. First, Shaun/salans7 provided us with pictures of transmission and t-case linkages/shift levers. So I put the t-case ones on a new tab at Documentation/Driveline/Transfer Cases. And the transmission ones are on a new page at Documentation/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/Manual Transmission Shift Levers.

Second, today I scanned the Radiators section from the 1985 FSM and put it on the page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Radiators. But now that I've done it I see that there's a lot of bleed-through from the other side of the page, so maybe I can re-scan it tomorrow.

And, as you'll see, I discovered an error in the specs. It shows the torque spec for the 460's thermostat housing to be 23 - 28 lb-ft. But the Engine section shows it to be 10 - 15 lb-ft, and at 15 Big Blue's got quite solid so I'm sure that's correct. So I struck through the wrong numbers and entered the correct ones.

• 1 month later...

A couple of updates. First, Shaun/salans7 provided us with pictures of transmission and t-case linkages/shift levers. So I put the t-case ones on a new tab at Documentation/Driveline/Transfer Cases. And the transmission ones are on a new page at Documentation/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/Manual Transmission Shift Levers.

Second, today I scanned the Radiators section from the 1985 FSM and put it on the page at Documentation/Cooling Systems/Radiators. But now that I've done it I see that there's a lot of bleed-through from the other side of the page, so maybe I can re-scan it tomorrow.

And, as you'll see, I discovered an error in the specs. It shows the torque spec for the 460's thermostat housing to be 23 - 28 lb-ft. But the Engine section shows it to be 10 - 15 lb-ft, and at 15 Big Blue's got quite solid so I'm sure that's correct. So I struck through the wrong numbers and entered the correct ones.

Had some time yesterday and today so I added some documentation:

• Bronco Roof: There was a request for the bolt size that holds the Bronco's roof on so I added a page at Documentation/Body/Bronco Roof. We may have the world's only "straight" copy of the roof illustration as all of the digital master parts catalogs I've ever seen have it crooked. Whomever scanned the MPC in way back when messed that page up and apparently all of the MPCs you can buy are copies of that scan.

• 8.8" Traction-Lok: There was also a request for info on that rear axle & I discovered that we didn't have that section on the site. Now we do at Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and then the Rear Axles & Differentials tab, the Instructions tab, the Ford 8.8" tab, and finally the Ford Traction-Lok tab.

• Dana Limited-Slip Front Axle: While I was scanning the 8.8" info in I also scanned the section on the Dana Limited-Slip (yes, that's what it is called in the MPC) front axle section. It is at Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and then the Front Axles tab, the Instructions tab, the Dana 44, 44HD, & D50 tab, and finally the Traction-Lok tab. (I guess I fixed Ford's mistake. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:)

• 2 months later...

Had some time yesterday and today so I added some documentation:

• Bronco Roof: There was a request for the bolt size that holds the Bronco's roof on so I added a page at Documentation/Body/Bronco Roof. We may have the world's only "straight" copy of the roof illustration as all of the digital master parts catalogs I've ever seen have it crooked. Whomever scanned the MPC in way back when messed that page up and apparently all of the MPCs you can buy are copies of that scan.

• 8.8" Traction-Lok: There was also a request for info on that rear axle & I discovered that we didn't have that section on the site. Now we do at Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and then the Rear Axles & Differentials tab, the Instructions tab, the Ford 8.8" tab, and finally the Ford Traction-Lok tab.

• Dana Limited-Slip Front Axle: While I was scanning the 8.8" info in I also scanned the section on the Dana Limited-Slip (yes, that's what it is called in the MPC) front axle section. It is at Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and then the Front Axles tab, the Instructions tab, the Dana 44, 44HD, & D50 tab, and finally the Traction-Lok tab. (I guess I fixed Ford's mistake. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg)

Got some documents from Paul/Rockhauler and added them to the library:

• 1985 Diesel Owner Guide Supplement

• 1985 Operating Guide

• 1986 4-Wheeling With Ford

• 1986 Maintenance Schedule

He also sent an instruction/layout sheet for a trailer lamp & plug wire kit as well as a picture of the envelope that some of the documentation came in, as shown below. I'm still trying to figure out where to put those things, so if you have suggestions please let me know.

1982_Envelop.jpg.d94897a3b302c7f0759d76423bd43ea0.jpg

Thanks, Paul!!!!

• 1985 Operating Guide

He also sent an instruction/layout sheet for a trailer lamp & plug wire kit as well as a picture of the envelope that some of the documentation came in, as shown below. I'm still trying to figure out where to put those things, so if you have suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, Paul!!!!

Jeff - I need some help. In the thread Should We Move To A New Forum Platform you converted the spreadsheet showing what is in the library to a pdf. After editing the spreadsheet today I couldn't re-create what you did. My Foxit pdf editor doesn't preserve the links, my Word app doesn't want to load the spreadsheet, and printing it from Excel through my pdf printer app didn't work either.

So can you help me convert it to PDF? I'd like to maintain it in that format in future if I can.

• 1985 Operating Guide

Thanks, Paul!!!!

Nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Paul! :nabble_anim_handshake: