Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

David posted a link in the eBay Finds thread to a headlight door, so I went to the Exterior section to check the number on it. Turns out I didn't have headlight doors nor grilles in, but I've added them now to the Grilles, Moulding, & Headlight Doors tab here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-trim-and-moulding.html.

And, Jonathan asked about black bumpers, among other things, so I added a page on both front and rear bumpers: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/bumpers.html. And I added a page on heaters for a guy on FTE: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/heaters.html. But, I don't have the part numbers on the heaters page, although I do on the bumpers page.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, Jonathan asked about black bumpers, among other things, so I added a page on both front and rear bumpers: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/bumpers.html. And I added a page on heaters for a guy on FTE: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/heaters.html. But, I don't have the part numbers on the heaters page, although I do on the bumpers page.

OK, thank you, Gary, for the heater stuff.

In typical Ford fashion, I'm betting the rest of what the guy on FTE is looking for is documented in the AC section but we'll see what he says. ;)

OK, thank you, Gary, for the heater stuff.

In typical Ford fashion, I'm betting the rest of what the guy on FTE is looking for is documented in the AC section but we'll see what he says. ;)

Our new user, kristopherdb, asked about drive belts for the engine today. So, we have a new page: Drive Belts. It is nested in the Engines section in the nav menu to the left.

Our new user, kristopherdb, asked about drive belts for the engine today. So, we have a new page: Drive Belts. It is nested in the Engines section in the nav menu to the left.

Today I did more upgrading of several pages to help Google find them. (Google can't tell what's in a picture, so needs words to describe the contents of the page.) While doing that I looked at the Fastener page, and realized that it should be Fasteners & Illustrations since it also has many illustrations, so I changed it. (Don't worry Chris, I did a redirect.)

I also added content to that page because I knew where good information was on the fastener finishes - Ford's Standard And Utility Parts Catalog. The easy way was to just post screen-grabs of the two catalog pages, and I did that. But, those pages are .... no fun to read. Further, Google won't find their content since they are pictures of text. So I created a PDF of that info and cleaned it up a bunch. But, then I realized that Google won't find that content either, so I started creating a table which Google will be able to find.

I only got maybe 1/10th of the way done, but wanted to know what y'all think. Will that table, the one at the top, be helpful? Or, maybe I should ask, will it be helpful to people to find that information via a Google search?

Today I did more upgrading of several pages to help Google find them. (Google can't tell what's in a picture, so needs words to describe the contents of the page.) While doing that I looked at the Fastener page, and realized that it should be Fasteners & Illustrations since it also has many illustrations, so I changed it. (Don't worry Chris, I did a redirect.)

I also added content to that page because I knew where good information was on the fastener finishes - Ford's Standard And Utility Parts Catalog. The easy way was to just post screen-grabs of the two catalog pages, and I did that. But, those pages are .... no fun to read. Further, Google won't find their content since they are pictures of text. So I created a PDF of that info and cleaned it up a bunch. But, then I realized that Google won't find that content either, so I started creating a table which Google will be able to find.

I only got maybe 1/10th of the way done, but wanted to know what y'all think. Will that table, the one at the top, be helpful? Or, maybe I should ask, will it be helpful to people to find that information via a Google search?

When and if I ever get a computer with an optical drive again, so I can look up these part numbers, the chart will be helpful in determining the finish.

When and if I ever get a computer with an optical drive again, so I can look up these part numbers, the chart will be helpful in determining the finish.

I got the table done, so now Google will eventually find it and you'll be able to search for the suffix on the fasteners.

I got the table done, so now Google will eventually find it and you'll be able to search for the suffix on the fasteners.

Added 12 vacuum routing diagrams for the 1984/85 302's. Found a new source for them - the 1985 Car & Truck Engine/Emission Facts Book Summary. It has a page for each calibration code that gives a lot of info. Looks like this, although the files attached below are much more crisp. MUCH!

4-54R-R12_-_Smaller_Yet.thumb.jpg.427cd2b4496e53810607191fc6fbe2bf.jpg

And here's a 4-54R-R12.thumb.jpg.ebfc422bead12c8a07eb681a8a8ff8a2.jpg. And 4-54R-R12.pdf.

Now to figure out where to use these......

Added 12 vacuum routing diagrams for the 1984/85 302's. Found a new source for them - the 1985 Car & Truck Engine/Emission Facts Book Summary. It has a page for each calibration code that gives a lot of info. Looks like this, although the files attached below are much more crisp. MUCH!

And here's a 4-54R-R12.jpg. And 4-54R-R12.pdf.

Now to figure out where to use these......

I added a number of front suspension illustrations a couple of days ago, and then finished out today by adding the bushing info Jim wanted: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension. I know it isn't nearly complete, but it turns out to be a ginormous task to add all of the part numbers due to the number of tables involved - see the discussion here in WHYDTYTT? In fact, I think I'll add that verbiage to that page to 'splain why all of the part numbers aren't there.

Plus, I upgraded the Bullnose FAQ's page thanks to some input from Rick/Fonzie. I'd appreciate your review and further upgrade of that info as well.

And today I added a page on ignition modules: Electrical/Ignition Modules. It shows which module (grommet color) was used with which truck.

• 4 weeks later...

I added a number of front suspension illustrations a couple of days ago, and then finished out today by adding the bushing info Jim wanted: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension. I know it isn't nearly complete, but it turns out to be a ginormous task to add all of the part numbers due to the number of tables involved - see the discussion here in WHYDTYTT? In fact, I think I'll add that verbiage to that page to 'splain why all of the part numbers aren't there.

Plus, I upgraded the Bullnose FAQ's page thanks to some input from Rick/Fonzie. I'd appreciate your review and further upgrade of that info as well.

And today I added a page on ignition modules: Electrical/Ignition Modules. It shows which module (grommet color) was used with which truck.

Upgraded the Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/ZF5 page to include 6 ZF documents that can be downloaded. Jonathan - This includes power flow illustrations that show which gears are used when, and it is complex. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Added this page: Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/NP435, and it includes a 13-page copy from a Ford's factory shop manual.

And added this page: Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/T-19, and it also includes a 13-page copy from a Ford's factory shop manual.

In addition there were several changes on Specifications/Lubricant Specifications page, although that one is far, far from being done.