Bullnose Forums

Old School Cool

Jacob84

Now that I have finished college, I actually have the time to start a write up on my truck. My truck is an ongoing project. Specs in my signature. It has come a long way and it has a long way to go. It was this truck that peaked my interest in the automotive world and I dove into it head first. Anyways. Got this truck when I was 15. It had sat for a long time but, being the 15 year old I was, all that mattered to me was that it was a 4x4 and it had a V8 (still pretty important). I was sold as soon as I saw it. From then until now it has gone from a very tired 351w HO to a 95 f4te 351w roller block with 5.0 HO cam, efi, other goodies. Rebuilt c6 trans, more than a couple sets of tires, and many many miles. Its been lifted as of late and fitted with some 33s. New third member for the 9 inch or rebuild coming soon. Swapping out the t-case for a BW1356 if I can find the correct tail housing I need (need provision for speedo cable). Andddddd maybe a NV4500 swap as I like rowing gears, OD, and my buddy may have a core for me before too long (I’d have a ball rebuilding a manual trans). I also have a lot of interior work coming up as well. I hope to post as much as I can here on the forum, especially pictures, I like pictures, I’ll post some here soon. I’m gonna call this project “Old School Cool”. I love the innovations of the modern age but I love old school touches and try to incorporate those touches into my truck wherever I can. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy. If you have questions or input, by all means, post it:nabble_smiley_cool:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm along for the ride. Let't go!

IMG_4490_(2).jpg.f66ab2315b12e8b9e6356b905cd8c392.jpg

New f4te motor with fancy efi:nabble_smiley_cool:

IMG_4499_(2).jpg.a30e642910663e280a77d5bf70eff318.jpg

And that lovely serpentine setup. Many upgrades came just with that setup from the alternator to the AC compressor and deleted smog pump

New f4te motor with fancy efi:nabble_smiley_cool:

And that lovely serpentine setup. Many upgrades came just with that setup from the alternator to the AC compressor and deleted smog pump

IMG_20200515_155034.jpg.caba6d43894dcbfc756eb38223b8f2ba.jpg

This how I mainly ran the truck for a long time. Other than having the stock grille and swapping the Pacer Turbines off and on

IMG_20200516_091115.jpg.713721e2728aabb871bbe289cc4fadef.jpg

This is after the lift and 33s wrapped around those turbines

IMG_20200516_102836.jpg.8dcaf86b496eb52046d21ec607a4858c.jpg

IMG_20200625_131101.jpg.5d4b08990d694c720ec4fe4dad0bf975.jpg

Who doesn't like stickers?

This how I mainly ran the truck for a long time. Other than having the stock grille and swapping the Pacer Turbines off and on

This is after the lift and 33s wrapped around those turbines

Who doesn't like stickers?

I like those Pacer Turbines! Looks good! Keep it up.

I agree, the ZF is a good tranny, albeit expensive to rebuild. And my 1345 and 1356 have speedo ports.

No doubt it's good. That's what I wanted to do originally several years ago. I can't find one locally though and the ones I find on the web are wayyyy too expensive.

The NV4500 is going to be more costly to swap in but I should be able to put my hands on one very soon.

One in hand vs two in the bush I guess. But if I somehow run across a ZF decently priced I might spring for it. Much easier swap and it'll keep it all Ford. I'd even go for a TOD but those are even more rare. Also don't know how well it would hold up to the 351w.

That's the plan anyways. I've got an E4OD on the shop bench but to rebuild it properly and figure out the electronics to make it function properly aren't worth it to me. If I was using the entire EEC system I'd do it though.

The t-case I've got is from a 95 and I guess since they had long been using the VSS in the rear end for the speedo they decided to omit the provision for the speedo port. It surprised me though, had a fellow Ford fanatic tell me they should have the provision in all the cases, they would just be plugged.