Bullnose Forums

Dash repair technique [flock]

That's pretty neat. I think it could be used to hide imperfections in a dash pad repair. Somebody needs to try this!

For me that is a lot more work than I want to put into a dash.

I also don't know if you could paint the dash in the color you want and then flock it and have the color show or can only be done in black?

The only thing I wished I did to mine after I installed the toper and used SEM to color match the other panels I should have used a flat clear so it would not shine off the windshield as I have had that happen.

I have a dash pad I trashed trying to see if the topper would fit better, it did not and why it is trashed.

I have the supplies to try and fix it using a thin blanket and fiber glass rosin as seen on the web.

Other than time and a little bit of supply's if it does not work out OH well.

Once I have the shape and ready for paint I plan to use a spray can of spray on bed liner, roll on does not work as I did try it before. Once the liner is dry I can then paint it any color I want.

I will do a write up when I get to this. It is to be in the 90's here this weekend so don't think I will be in the garage much. Maybe a in the fall when cooler.

Dave ----

That's pretty neat. I think it could be used to hide imperfections in a dash pad repair. Somebody needs to try this!

I'm interested in this as well. I'm not a fan of all the plastic panels in our trucks and would like to cover the door panels, various trim, dash, etc with something a lot nicer. I was planning on some sort of vinyl or leather-like vinyl but this seems like another good option.