Bullnose Forums

85 Flareside inline 6 cylinder

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum and am looking forward to getting some advice on what I think is a carburetor issue. I've got an black 85 flareside, inline 6 cylinder which was my Dad's. He was going to donate it to charity because the stock wood bed was rotted away, and it had a few other issues. I said...'no way' and bought it from him for $1.00.

That began a saga over the last 2 years of learning that this truck is going to fight me every step of the way. Totally refurbished bed, new carb, new ignition parts, new plugs, new fuel tank, new sending unit, new window seals...basically every day it needs something new...and my latest discovery is a totally eroded drivers side rocker panel!

So, there's my bullnose story. It's got a long way to go, but I'm a big fan and enjoy working on it.

Unknown-18.jpeg.a49f7b1825274f8c357bb649ec13e469.jpeg

Tonto! Welcome! Don't I know you? From FTE?

Nice story. Sounds like a typical onion. Keep peeling and crying, but some day you'll have Bloomin' Onion!

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you with a city or zip.

Tonto! Welcome! Don't I know you? From FTE?

Nice story. Sounds like a typical onion. Keep peeling and crying, but some day you'll have Bloomin' Onion!

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you with a city or zip.

Welcome!

And the FOG thickens! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

There are a lot of fans of the Flareside/300 combo here.

Most of us really enjoy tinkering with and upgrading our trucks.

That bed wood looks amazing! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Glad you've joined, and I hope the forum is a good resource for your future projects. :nabble_anim_handshake: