Bullnose Forums

Wiper arm

This is for my 92 Bronco. It came with side pin wiper arms and I changed them to j hooks.

I still don’t like how they wipe. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on which one to use.

My 86 still has the side pins and they work good.

I guess it could be the windshield. They don’t wipe clean, hard to see through.

I have J-hooks too.

I'm using wiffletree type blades because I can't get the newer 'beam' type blades to conform.

Is it just that you don't have enough spring pressure, or are they skipping?

It just seems they aren’t wiping cleanly, if that makes sense. I get some skip, I assume from trying to get it cleared up.

Should be enough spring pressure as they are fairly new, but of course we know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

I have J-hooks too.

I'm using wiffletree type blades because I can't get the newer 'beam' type blades to conform.

Is it just that you don't have enough spring pressure, or are they skipping?

It just seems they aren’t wiping cleanly, if that makes sense. I get some skip, I assume from trying to get it cleared up.

Should be enough spring pressure as they are fairly new, but of course we know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

You might try putting a bit of bend in the arm so the spring is a bit more extended.

Having a kink in there is going to make the distance slightly less from the pivot too.

Every little bit counts!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm using 20 or 21 inch blades too.

I like that they have more vertical sweep and overlap as well.

You might try putting a bit of bend in the arm so the spring is a bit more extended.

Having a kink in there is going to make the distance slightly less from the pivot too.

Every little bit counts!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm using 20 or 21 inch blades too.

I like that they have more vertical sweep and overlap as well.

Wipers are the bain of my life for all of my vehicles...:nabble_smiley_cry: I really don't like chattery, smudgy blades...

I have noticed that a really well cleaned windshield helps dramatically. So I do occasionally even clay bar the window to clean it up.

With wipers, I find my different vehicles like different wipers. my LR3 works well with Valeo 9000 series but the truck and Bronco don't. They seem to like the Bosch Evolution.

Also, the spring in the wiper arms wear over time. So I have replaced the arms on the Truck and the Bronco, that made a big difference.

Project farm did a good video on wipers..

Wipers are the bain of my life for all of my vehicles...:nabble_smiley_cry: I really don't like chattery, smudgy blades...

I have noticed that a really well cleaned windshield helps dramatically. So I do occasionally even clay bar the window to clean it up.

With wipers, I find my different vehicles like different wipers. my LR3 works well with Valeo 9000 series but the truck and Bronco don't. They seem to like the Bosch Evolution.

Also, the spring in the wiper arms wear over time. So I have replaced the arms on the Truck and the Bronco, that made a big difference.

Project farm did a good video on wipers..

Thanks, I was thinking the other day I need to clean that windshield.

What do you mean by clay bar? I’ve never done that.