Bullnose Forums

HBF comes out of retirement

Thanks FuzzFace! It's a "B" on the door tag. I'll take a picture tomorrow and try to get the data from the numbers stamped into it. But, it's the 4 speed overdrive (total of four forward gears) and the first gear is not a stump puller.

CEGG9115.jpg.f2ebd53277268b939bfee16cbfdc631a.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg.ca52afbd869b7a6e43f2c53fad898efb.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg.552d5714c93acc4eca973e9c6807f6e1.jpg

Well, some moss and redwood leaves found a home and moved in, but I have slowly been evicting them...Now time to seal up the windshield so if I get around to repairing the floorboards, they won't rust out again!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some moss and redwood leaves found a home and moved in, but I have slowly been evicting them...Now time to seal up the windshield so if I get around to repairing the floorboards, they won't rust out again!

IMG_7778.jpg.204bfac49613d6be2ab16566f03a26ea.jpg

IMG_7781_(1).jpg.2b2f7bb1f4f4b61465345dff7851a785.jpg

Deep cleaning after the evictions... And, evicted these guys too...

IMG_7691.jpg.7d3fd18c569a89c7a9962cc3d004ae58.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg.8be9bb099091d463a1edf38e55e0887f.jpg

I'd suggest you remove the kick panels and covers, even the cowl drains and scrub the biofilm out of there.

Maybe even phosphate treat the exposed metal before sealing it back up.

It's a Tremec...

Tremec! Used the google machine and yep, that's the one and there is a note saying, "Case had no drain plug." So, apparently I am not going crazy!

Yes, I pulled the cowling, vents, duckbill drains, etc. and flushed them extensively so they are working well and shouldn't build up water again. The solution to pollution is dilution (on a double sump wash rack of course to prevent seed spread and oil going into the Chesapeake.)

And, speaking of crazy, a co-worker checking out my truck thinks I'm crazy for my floorboard modification. What do you guys think?!?

IMG_7708.jpg.fd195afe16147ead39f6b8ccbfee3538.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg.ab664ae9b64dfc2d6d1381fb080a7794.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg.e133eb67a48e97ee0fe2e5967afd1665.jpg

IMG_7761.jpg.f7e8d462f544a5e407061718c3fc41f8.jpg

Tremec! Used the google machine and yep, that's the one and there is a note saying, "Case had no drain plug." So, apparently I am not going crazy!

Yes, I pulled the cowling, vents, duckbill drains, etc. and flushed them extensively so they are working well and shouldn't build up water again. The solution to pollution is dilution (on a double sump wash rack of course to prevent seed spread and oil going into the Chesapeake.)

And, speaking of crazy, a co-worker checking out my truck thinks I'm crazy for my floorboard modification. What do you guys think?!?

I think I'm with your co-worker. Did you fix the original source of the water that rusted the floor out? Did you clean the flaky rust off and paint the floor with something like POR-15 to stop the rust. Did you somehow seal the floor to the new sheet of metal you laid in there? If not water will get in when driving in the rain.

I think I'm with your co-worker. Did you fix the original source of the water that rusted the floor out? Did you clean the flaky rust off and paint the floor with something like POR-15 to stop the rust. Did you somehow seal the floor to the new sheet of metal you laid in there? If not water will get in when driving in the rain.

Not yet...I am pretty sure water was coming in through the side vents (no A/C model) and the windshield.

The mouse nests had filled up the side vents and the duckbill drains, so water would pour into the cab from the side vents. When I had the vents removed and filled the cowling with water try to unclog the driver's side drain, water was coming into the cab through screw holes like a little cherub in a water fountain!

And, there is water coming down the firewall so, I suspect the butyl tape is leaking. Once, I get that sealed, I'll plan to tackle the floorpans. For now, I threw in that matting (one of those things for an office chair so roll you can roll around) because it was the toughest flexible material I had readily available and I am keeping HBF in the garage.

Not yet...I am pretty sure water was coming in through the side vents (no A/C model) and the windshield.

The mouse nests had filled up the side vents and the duckbill drains, so water would pour into the cab from the side vents. When I had the vents removed and filled the cowling with water try to unclog the driver's side drain, water was coming into the cab through screw holes like a little cherub in a water fountain!

And, there is water coming down the firewall so, I suspect the butyl tape is leaking. Once, I get that sealed, I'll plan to tackle the floorpans. For now, I threw in that matting (one of those things for an office chair so roll you can roll around) because it was the toughest flexible material I had readily available and I am keeping HBF in the garage.

Ahhh! Ok, so it is temp. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ahhh! Ok, so it is temp. :nabble_smiley_good:

84E05D3D-F9C5-4D82-9B82-56F7E81DC8AF.jpeg.a016f2fe54498ea03850241251947c4e.jpeg

8058E453-1A39-49DD-A7C0-1AAA2FDA6913.png.b6add313cdf430502464d56bcc9450a0.png

Does anyone have a good idea how to replace the little retaining ring that holds the temperature lever on the heating unit? Ford is telling me the part is obsolete. Google the part number? Pull one from a junkyard? After a home remedy if that will be the easier solution. If memory serves, the plastic groove has worn out and the little metal retaining ring wouldn’t secure in it. But, that was 15 years ago...... is this a known problem?

Does anyone have a good idea how to replace the little retaining ring that holds the temperature lever on the heating unit? Ford is telling me the part is obsolete. Google the part number? Pull one from a junkyard? After a home remedy if that will be the easier solution. If memory serves, the plastic groove has worn out and the little metal retaining ring wouldn’t secure in it. But, that was 15 years ago...... is this a known problem?

Would you consider a stamped steel axle push nut?

17190226_rnb_13441_pri_larg.jpg.dd0abe87363dcdf087b4a916bc123002.jpg

This assortment is from Dorman.

If there's too much taper for one of those you might try a push on washer.