Bullnose Forums

HBF comes out of retirement

And, in other news...

Did some very minimal prep work and then attacked them with a rattle can.

IMG_8643.jpeg.7ddd71572653d2e6612ecd6290fce0f9.jpeg

Does anyone know what these two holes along the top edge of the front bumper were for (now filled with little bolts that just attach to a square nut on the other side of the bumper)? I didn't drill them though maybe the previous owner did? I haven't seen them on other bumpers looking on this forum and what not. But perhaps others have?!?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what these two holes along the top edge of the front bumper were for (now filled with little bolts that just attach to a square nut on the other side of the bumper)? I didn't drill them though maybe the previous owner did? I haven't seen them on other bumpers looking on this forum and what not. But perhaps others have?!?

I'll guess they were for fog lights. The yellow/orange fog lights were popular back then, even though they didn't really add much light.

I'll guess they were for fog lights. The yellow/orange fog lights were popular back then, even though they didn't really add much light.

Thanks...That makes sense. The previous owner might have removed them prior to selling my family the truck. There is a slight asymmetry to the holes as well which makes me think along your lines of an aftermarket yellow/orange fog light. The Eighties were great, weren't they! I need a roll bar with smiley face lights!

Thanks...That makes sense. The previous owner might have removed them prior to selling my family the truck. There is a slight asymmetry to the holes as well which makes me think along your lines of an aftermarket yellow/orange fog light. The Eighties were great, weren't they! I need a roll bar with smiley face lights!

I think Anthony is doing just that with his 'new' truck!

I think Anthony is doing just that with his 'new' truck!

Well, the sun was out this weekend and I took advantage of the perfect weather to do some more cleaning of HBF. I used a light application of rubbing compound and then a coat of wax. So, perhaps time for an update of the first day in Maryland:

2D750C85-EF60-47DE-B033-1831FF19DDBB.jpg.d4e98aa65664a0031a188a928676f56d.jpg

And now this weekend:

IMG_8692.jpeg.581c85c7519a398809c5cc8a8d1b7e4d.jpeg

Well, the sun was out this weekend and I took advantage of the perfect weather to do some more cleaning of HBF. I used a light application of rubbing compound and then a coat of wax. So, perhaps time for an update of the first day in Maryland:

And now this weekend:

Wow!!! What a difference! HBF is looking good! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 months later...

.... is happy, and blue, again! :nabble_smiley_good:

is1C65DCDC-9026-4C26-A218-A533496937B3.jpeg.b4bf0b2f014798bece033f56f2c43a52.jpeg

Life in the military…Well, Happy Blue Ford received some orders to go to Hawaii but the military only authorizes one vehicle to be shipped and HBF was usurped by ole Chewy (2000 Jeep Wrangler). However, HBF is loaded back up on a car carrier and will spend some time in San Diego awaiting a lift of opportunity to get to Hawaii.

In military acronyms… HBF ineligible for IAL’s VPC with this set of PCS orders so will ISTOP at the San Diego MWR and await OPLIFT.

is

Life in the military…Well, Happy Blue Ford received some orders to go to Hawaii but the military only authorizes one vehicle to be shipped and HBF was usurped by ole Chewy (2000 Jeep Wrangler). However, HBF is loaded back up on a car carrier and will spend some time in San Diego awaiting a lift of opportunity to get to Hawaii.

In military acronyms… HBF ineligible for IAL’s VPC with this set of PCS orders so will ISTOP at the San Diego MWR and await OPLIFT.

Shipping out to Hawaii?

I could think of a lot worse places to be stationed!

I hope it's a good assignment for you.

Thank you for your service!

Shipping out to Hawaii?

I could think of a lot worse places to be stationed!

I hope it's a good assignment for you.

Thank you for your service!

Yes, thank you for your service. And, Hawaii might be a fun place to be stationed. But I hope HBF gets to go soon.