Bullnose Forums

HBF comes out of retirement

Thank you for the informative dialogue! I will certainly lubricate the choke linkage before I start tearing into the carburetor! And, it ran much better today but of course, it was a bit warmer today. Which brings me to this...

HBF was enjoying retirement in California and is a bit perturbed that he is working here in Maryland. So, this morning, in the garage, I started up his engine and took a look at the mixing valve. It isn't a heated garage so the air was probably about 40 degrees. And, I took this picture:

So, the air entering the carburetor is normal air. I reached inside and flipped the valve so that heated air entered the carburetor. Nothing changed and it ran well this morning. HOWEVER, is this air diversion valve controlled by a bimetallic mechanism or is it vacuum controlled? Does that influence the conversation above?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/air-cleaners.html

Belay my last question! :nabble_anim_working:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad it is helping y'all! :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, a bit back someone asked for some pictures on what I was going to fill my "behind the seat" storage unit. Started with sorting out what "roadside tools" it might have come with...

IMG_8218.jpeg.9bf4ac4622b5856e471f8417e91143fa.jpeg

Then, loaded it up!

IMG_8220.jpeg.06eccbccde66233b48af6a94bed076bc.jpeg

The 50 cal ammo can doesn't fit inside the trough but sits along the edge well enough. And, that's my lunch box so easy access to that! The 762 cal ammo cans have chains and tools and a bit too much room to slide around. If I rebuild it one of these days, I will build it to fit the cans a bit better.

Well, a bit back someone asked for some pictures on what I was going to fill my "behind the seat" storage unit. Started with sorting out what "roadside tools" it might have come with...

Then, loaded it up!

The 50 cal ammo can doesn't fit inside the trough but sits along the edge well enough. And, that's my lunch box so easy access to that! The 762 cal ammo cans have chains and tools and a bit too much room to slide around. If I rebuild it one of these days, I will build it to fit the cans a bit better.

Looks nice!

Then, loaded it up!

Tremendous!

Maybe if you sprayed some plasti-dip or put a bit of drawer liner in the bottom your ammo cans and things wouldn't slide around?

Then, loaded it up!

Looks great!

As for keeping things from moving, John/Machspeed and I were texting about that yesterday. I'm going to use some of the Noico self-adhesive foam insulation for that on mine. That way I can replace it if it gets soiled.

Looks great!

As for keeping things from moving, John/Machspeed and I were texting about that yesterday. I'm going to use some of the Noico self-adhesive foam insulation for that on mine. That way I can replace it if it gets soiled.

Well, last month I tried to straighten my bumper with some cargo straps and didn't get too far.

IMG_8014.jpeg.11eccab77ed040e69b7811f9cf680880.jpeg

So, I have been thinking, what if I use a jack to try to flatten out one part of the bumper and how will that influence another. I have no auto body experience except the last few months with HBF. Anyhow, I opened up the hood and grabbed the jack and went to work. Jack, cargo straps, and a hammer!

IMG_8255.jpeg.9ac6e3370951009511db63eacd888ad6.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg.404919a2c201056daf5912fd609e2cc7.jpeg

IMG_8257.jpeg.6f157d33f3ceb7c68dfc3550b8a23124.jpeg

Well, last month I tried to straighten my bumper with some cargo straps and didn't get too far.

So, I have been thinking, what if I use a jack to try to flatten out one part of the bumper and how will that influence another. I have no auto body experience except the last few months with HBF. Anyhow, I opened up the hood and grabbed the jack and went to work. Jack, cargo straps, and a hammer!

I'm confused. What are you trying to fix on the bumper?

I'm confused. What are you trying to fix on the bumper?

It was a bit bent but the pictures do not show it too well. But it wasn't flat and had some creases. With the jack, I elevated one depression. Then using the cargo straps attached to the bumper and stretching to my Jeep, I hammered down an elevation. And, this made the top side of the bumper flat for the first time in 20 years. I would have taken more pictures if I knew I was going to have success! HA!