Bullnose Forums

HBF comes out of retirement

That's what I remembered, but it didn't make sense so I didn't say it. Shift at 10; 15; 35; 40; 72; and 78? Or, maybe shift between 10 & 15; 35 & 40; and 72 & 78? That seems much more reasonable save for shifting out of something at about 75.

I've searched the '81 and '85 owner guides (we don't have an '84 on the site) and find that the '85 has some suggested shift points for various transmissions, but none of those shift points match up. And nothing is said about shift point indicators on the speedometer.

:nabble_anim_confused:

I was thinking along those lines too but it didn't match up too well. When you go online to buy a new instrument panel, some have the hash marks and some do not. I wonder if the ones with hash marks are supposed to be in trucks with manual transmissions but I did not see any indication of that.

I have the 1984 owners manual and have scrubbed it pretty well but of course, haven't come up with the answer.

I was thinking along those lines too but it didn't match up too well. When you go online to buy a new instrument panel, some have the hash marks and some do not. I wonder if the ones with hash marks are supposed to be in trucks with manual transmissions but I did not see any indication of that.

I have the 1984 owners manual and have scrubbed it pretty well but of course, haven't come up with the answer.

Gary, I have the 1984 owner’s manual on my computer I could put it on a thumb drive and send it to you. I scanned it a couple of years ago, just because I got a new scanner and wanted to try it out.

Gary, I have the 1984 owner’s manual on my computer I could put it on a thumb drive and send it to you. I scanned it a couple of years ago, just because I got a new scanner and wanted to try it out.

That works for me. Or, do you have Google Drive, or Drop Box, or One Drive? If so you could put it on there and give me access to just that one file.

That works for me. Or, do you have Google Drive, or Drop Box, or One Drive? If so you could put it on there and give me access to just that one file.

Through the years, I have asked regarding the "hash" marks. They are the same and seem to have nothing to do with being automatic or manual. They are the same regardless of engine or rear gears.

I asked a retired Ford engineer and he did not know why and guessed it might have to do with calibration?

In my truck is [was?] a NOS F600/800 medium duty speedometer which goes to 999,999.9. It is a replacement [service] unit designated by having red colored digits for the tenths. It, too, has the marks.

The metric versions, which go to 999,999.9 kilometers, do not have the hash marks.

The speedometers with resettable trip meters do not have the 35/41 marks, due to having the odometer set higher to make space at the bottom for the trip meter.

I have attempted to see a pattern, unsuccessfully, in comparing the standard and metric [roughly]:

10/15 MPH = 16/24 KPH

35/41 MPH = 56/66 KPH

67/78 MPH = 107/125 KPH

Through the years, I have asked regarding the "hash" marks. They are the same and seem to have nothing to do with being automatic or manual. They are the same regardless of engine or rear gears.

I asked a retired Ford engineer and he did not know why and guessed it might have to do with calibration?

In my truck is [was?] a NOS F600/800 medium duty speedometer which goes to 999,999.9. It is a replacement [service] unit designated by having red colored digits for the tenths. It, too, has the marks.

The metric versions, which go to 999,999.9 kilometers, do not have the hash marks.

The speedometers with resettable trip meters do not have the 35/41 marks, due to having the odometer set higher to make space at the bottom for the trip meter.

I have attempted to see a pattern, unsuccessfully, in comparing the standard and metric [roughly]:

10/15 MPH = 16/24 KPH

35/41 MPH = 56/66 KPH

67/78 MPH = 107/125 KPH

The dash mystery remains...Interesting input! Hopefully we learn a solution. Maybe we need some brain food? Turns out, that there was an MRE left back in the bed a decade ago and I did my best to see the use by date, but it had faded. Anyhow, it was delicious!!!

RUCC8607.jpg.411938b376d1f7f95dc430fa6f2aced6.jpg

AFEV8078.jpg.d0db7a004ee09b0e20ad707989369ec2.jpg

SRTO4165.jpg.34327b86f2785e0db82622fd73b755d9.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg.719982188dc5d60cfc9cc7414f683900.jpg

No jalapeño cheese sauce much to my dismay. But, if you've ever wondered what a bag of Skittles looks like after being left in a vehicle for at least 10 (probably 15 to 20) years, now ya know!

The dash mystery remains...Interesting input! Hopefully we learn a solution. Maybe we need some brain food? Turns out, that there was an MRE left back in the bed a decade ago and I did my best to see the use by date, but it had faded. Anyhow, it was delicious!!!

No jalapeño cheese sauce much to my dismay. But, if you've ever wondered what a bag of Skittles looks like after being left in a vehicle for at least 10 (probably 15 to 20) years, now ya know!

Yuk! Count me out. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

There's a guy on YouTube who eats all kind of rancid rations.

Sometimes entertaining, sometimes gross.

Steve! He's not too far from me. He's a :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

Let's get this onto a tray. Nice!

I don't want to poke fun at your state, but I've eaten groundhogs -recently- and I still wouldn't want to eat a WW2 Krat.

I don't want to poke fun at your state, but I've eaten groundhogs -recently- and I still wouldn't want to eat a WW2 Krat.

Gary I have the 1984 owner’s manual files uploaded to google files. If you would private email me I will give you the information on access.