Bullnose Forums

HBF comes out of retirement

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain how my front axle reserve capacity is greater than my total reserve capacity. :nabble_anim_confused:

Only after you explain mine: :nabble_anim_crazy:

That appears to be an 8-lug specific issue...??

I just went and looked back at my previous Bullnose certification labels, and the 1994 F150 currently in my garage, and a bunch of others I had on file, and the total number was always MUCH higher than the front capacity number...but they're ALL half tons, from 1980-1994. Interesting.

Technically, the total number should always be higher than the front by itself...so why your 8-lug trucks are not labelled as such...who knows. Maybe they're typos.

Be curious to see a certification label from a Chassis Cab truck.

Please explain how my front axle reserve capacity is greater than my total reserve capacity. :nabble_anim_confused:

I just went and looked back at my previous Bullnose certification labels, and the 1994 F150 currently in my garage, and a bunch of others I had on file, and the total number was always MUCH higher than the front capacity number...but they're ALL half tons, from 1980-1994. Interesting.

Technically, the total number should always be higher than the front by itself...so why your 8-lug trucks are not labelled as such...who knows. Maybe they're typos.

Tried to add these in my previous post but Nabble clearly does not like decimals in picture names lol. My bad. Try this again...

capacity1.jpg.dcc41a3abc6a779f59b9d3ecdee60795.jpg

capacity2.jpg.b20f8a502deb984aac1a7b233dc36953.jpg

capacity3.jpg.324f58fb2f54e767cdd84c2b712af1c5.jpg

capacity4.jpg.91e957a61d67ac866009d2ae192cbdc6.jpg

capacity5.jpg.8909db2b5c7b21c6147441fda889953b.jpg

Interesting. You are right in that the total number should always be greater than the front axle number. Otherwise the rear axle number would have to be a negative number, meaning it is already overloaded when it comes from the factory. :nabble_anim_crazy:

For example, Big Blue's front has a reserve of 403 lbs and the total truck has a reserve of 157 lbs. So that seems to say that the rear axle has a reserve of -246 lbs.

Interesting. You are right in that the total number should always be greater than the front axle number. Otherwise the rear axle number would have to be a negative number, meaning it is already overloaded when it comes from the factory. :nabble_anim_crazy:

For example, Big Blue's front has a reserve of 403 lbs and the total truck has a reserve of 157 lbs. So that seems to say that the rear axle has a reserve of -246 lbs.

I think we each need to look into helium in the bed....