Bullnose Forums

Operation NP435 & Over Drive

FuzzFace2

Don't you need to have a drive shaft made for the T19 install?

Dave ----

Not that I am aware of yet...

I thought the c6, and the t19 from similar years with adapters and transfer cases had the same overall lengths. Although I do have a hunch that it would be possible to shorten the transmission output shaft, and make a shorter transfer case adapter to gain some length back if I were to add a torque splitter. Perhaps even with off the shelf parts from mixing and matching what brand the output shaft/adapter (jeep maybe). I know I have seen shorter t19/adapter/transfer case options pictured before online. I have no desire to stretch the wheelbase in the rear any to gain driveshaft length, if it means changes to the rear fuel tank since I just upgraded to a new poly tank with external vent line to allow filling at the big rig pumps. Regardless, if/when I would add an OD splitter it would have to be done at a later date as the funding and timeline currently wouldn't allow the bronco to be apart that long.

I thought the c6, and the t19 from similar years with adapters and transfer cases had the same overall lengths.

This is what I found when measuring my two gvod trucks - both behind the tcase but one was a t19, the other a c6. The driveshafts were all the same length.

I thought the c6, and the t19 from similar years with adapters and transfer cases had the same overall lengths.

This is what I found when measuring my two gvod trucks - both behind the tcase but one was a t19, the other a c6. The driveshafts were all the same length.

This has always been my understanding, but when my swap gets to that point next week I will post in my thread to verify what I find out.

This has always been my understanding, but when my swap gets to that point next week I will post in my thread to verify what I find out.

If you go to Advance Adaptor's site and look up the OD unit at the end of the "how to install".

One of the 4x4 mags do an install in a first gen Bronco and that would be shorter than yours right?

Sorry to say they do not tell how long the drive shaft turned out to be.

My shaft turned out to be 4' (48") center to center of joints but I also don't have a transfer case but is a short bed.

Dave ----

If you go to Advance Adaptor's site and look up the OD unit at the end of the "how to install".

One of the 4x4 mags do an install in a first gen Bronco and that would be shorter than yours right?

Sorry to say they do not tell how long the drive shaft turned out to be.

My shaft turned out to be 4' (48") center to center of joints but I also don't have a transfer case but is a short bed.

Dave ----

I believe my Bronco rear driveshaft is 26 1/2” with the E4OD.

I believe my Bronco rear driveshaft is 26 1/2” with the E4OD.

Well I did not get the GL-4 oil so no drain and refill but the boots are in place and so is the used carpet and floor mats I was given.

I bought 1 boot that had 2 openings and the off set I needed but when I test fitted it the opening in the pan was to large for the transmission part of the boot and the transfer shifter boot part was to large for where my OD shifter is.

So I ended up using the large boot that I think came with the NP435 and when I bought that 2 in 1 boot I bought another that I felt would work if the 2 in 1 did not and good thing.

The large boot had a metal ring and because the boot had to go over the bend in the pan I had to cut a lip on the ring so I could bend it.

Got that screwed down and then worked on the OD boot. It did not come with any holes or a metal ring. So out came my hole punches to make some hole for screws.

2 screws come in on the side of the pan to keep the boot centered on the stick. beside the 2 screws each side, only used 1 hole / screw on the transmission side no room for the other, I added holes top & bottom.

1 for the side screws also holds down the trans boot.

Sorry I did not get pictures of the boots before install to damn hot to stop to take them.

I then pulled the sticks. I bent the OD back more as I had to reach to get it in and out of OD. Also with the carpet laid down I could trim it to fit around the sticks.

I unbolted the seat, no help to pull it out and back in so I had to lift it and stuff the carpet under it. The belt bolts also had to come out along with the behind the seat storage rack, carpet goes under it.

Got the carpet under the seat and made cuts to the carpet to fit over the trans tower and for the OD handle just so the carpet would sit right on the floor.

Got the belts and seat bolted back down and it hit me how to get the pan & sticks back in place and get the carpet over them ????????????

I was able to fold the carpet on to the seat, get the OD stick bolted back in place, opening in carpet will work to get it back on the floor, fish the pan back and bolted down.

Then the fun of bolting the boots back to the pan. The trans stick had to go thru the carpet but the boot had to be on the stick and the stick fitted to the trans.

A lot of fighting with boots screws, carpet, sticks poking me but I got the boots in place and the carpet fold back to the floor.

The next fun was trimming the carpet to fit under the lower lip of the boots just above the screwing lip of the boots.

For a trimming I found using sheet metal sheers worked the best. Trim a little fit, trim more till the carpet was where I wanted it and look good.

Fit the carpet under the door sill plates, a little clean up and took for a ride.

The carpet & mats totally change the truck. No more road noise and I can hardly hear the wine of the OD, it's like a new truck!

20200627_165702.jpg.2c81489678674b6e880a3be19bd04a54.jpg

20200627_165634.jpg.0f6db7e0884288ebe25c14775b5f83d8.jpg

When I can get the wife to ride with me I will have her write while I match MPH to RPM in and out of over drive.

Dave ----

Well I did not get the GL-4 oil so no drain and refill but the boots are in place and so is the used carpet and floor mats I was given.

I bought 1 boot that had 2 openings and the off set I needed but when I test fitted it the opening in the pan was to large for the transmission part of the boot and the transfer shifter boot part was to large for where my OD shifter is.

So I ended up using the large boot that I think came with the NP435 and when I bought that 2 in 1 boot I bought another that I felt would work if the 2 in 1 did not and good thing.

The large boot had a metal ring and because the boot had to go over the bend in the pan I had to cut a lip on the ring so I could bend it.

Got that screwed down and then worked on the OD boot. It did not come with any holes or a metal ring. So out came my hole punches to make some hole for screws.

2 screws come in on the side of the pan to keep the boot centered on the stick. beside the 2 screws each side, only used 1 hole / screw on the transmission side no room for the other, I added holes top & bottom.

Sorry I did not get pictures of the boots before install to damn hot to stop to take them.

I then pulled the sticks. I bent the OD back more as I had to reach to get it in and out of OD. Also with the carpet laid down I could trim it to fit around the sticks.

I unbolted the seat, no help to pull it out and back in so I had to lift it and stuff the carpet under it. The belt bolts also had to come out along with the behind the seat storage rack, carpet goes under it.

Got the carpet under the seat and made cuts to the carpet to fit over the trans tower and for the OD handle just so the carpet would sit right on the floor.

Got the belts and seat bolted back down and it hit me how to get the pan & sticks back in place and get the carpet over them ????????????

I was able to fold the carpet on to the seat, get the OD stick bolted back in place, opening in carpet will work to get it back on the floor, fish the pan back and bolted down.

Then the fun of bolting the boots back to the pan. The trans stick had to go thru the carpet but the boot had to be on the stick and the stick fitted to the trans.

A lot of fighting with boots screws, carpet, sticks poking me but I got the boots in place and the carpet fold back to the floor.

The next fun was trimming the carpet to fit under the lower lip of the boots just above the screwing lip of the boots.

For a trimming I found using sheet metal sheers worked the best. Trim a little fit, trim more till the carpet was where I wanted it and look good.

Fit the carpet under the door sill plates, a little clean up and took for a ride.

The carpet & mats totally change the truck. No more road noise and I can hardly hear the wine of the OD, it's like a new truck!

When I can get the wife to ride with me I will have her write while I match MPH to RPM in and out of over drive.

Dave ----

Looks really nice! Very jealous again.

Dave ----

Well done, Dave! :nabble_anim_claps:

I know that dance of fitting the carpet, boots, etc. No fun! But you got it done and it looks great. And sounds like a new truck as well. CONGRATS! :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done, Dave! :nabble_anim_claps:

I know that dance of fitting the carpet, boots, etc. No fun! But you got it done and it looks great. And sounds like a new truck as well. CONGRATS! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks guys I like the way the carpet fits under the last lip so I did not have to fight long screws thru the carpet into the pan.

The carpet & mats are not perfect but for free I am not complaining at all.

And being the carpet was used it had the seat & belt holes already so just had to deal with the shifters.

The carpet came from a auto truck so the hump was not that high but I also think if it was for a stick the hump might have been to high? That was 1 reason why I made the pan low and figured I could cut the carpet to fit around the trans tower and cover it with a boot like I did.

Other than the OD boot not sitting the way I wanted I think it looks like a factory install like the other little custom things I did to the truck.

Thanks again

Dave ----

Thanks guys I like the way the carpet fits under the last lip so I did not have to fight long screws thru the carpet into the pan.

The carpet & mats are not perfect but for free I am not complaining at all.

And being the carpet was used it had the seat & belt holes already so just had to deal with the shifters.

The carpet came from a auto truck so the hump was not that high but I also think if it was for a stick the hump might have been to high? That was 1 reason why I made the pan low and figured I could cut the carpet to fit around the trans tower and cover it with a boot like I did.

Other than the OD boot not sitting the way I wanted I think it looks like a factory install like the other little custom things I did to the truck.

Thanks again

Dave ----

Looks great!:nabble_smiley_good: I've only gone for a short ride, but I agree, the carpet makes a huge difference, enjoy it!