Bullnose Forums

Little Blue got a BooBoo

Tire Discounters was the last to touch the lug nuts. Overtorqued and stripped and I had no idea until.......

20200607_141925.jpg.3d097307475e16fdc011013a82507724.jpg

20200607_152248.jpg.496d0b15026a20a95a7b060a82b35eb3.jpg

Well...I knew something wasnt right. I felt a bad imbalance. Pulled over. Inspected. I noted the front drivers tie rod was very loose. Figured it was that. Drove another 200 yards to a parking lot because it got worse, but this time I noticed noise in the back. Inspected rear driver wheel. Appeared fine. All the lugs where there. I noted brake fluid and figured I lost a wheel cylinder due to something in the drum brake assembly coming apart. Decided to drive the 3 miles home. I got another 300 yards. Went around a turn and the back felt loose. I slowed to about 35. Then a heard a snap....which I thought at this point my axle bearing just dissentegrated or my axle snapped or the drum brakes where breaking apart.....then I looked in the rear view which I had angled down to watch that wheel....and I saw it depart from the truck....at which point I k ew I had screwed up....haha. I took the closest ditch and shut her down.

Dang Ray, that really sucks. I had my left front come off on my daily due to a poorly machined spindle so I know the feeling. At least it didn't touch my fender like what happened to yours. :nabble_smiley_cry:

It could have been worse....

Anybody got a spare flareside fender? Lol

I always see pictures of Flaresides for sale with cracked and busted fenders and I always wonder, how'd they get that way?...lol.

Ray, time to throw in the towel and junk this truck. Not worth fixing. What's you're address again? I'll come over there and take it away for you so it's not so unsightly sitting in the driveway.

J/K! Sorry to hear man, seriously. If there's one thing that's fragile on these trucks, it's those fenders (oh, and the rotten wood floors I suppose...lol). I actually have a spare set of fenders...after all of the old parts that I sold, I've hung on to those fiberglass fenders just to have as spares.

Funny, I had some for sale ads saved for these fenders and just deleted them all the other day.

You'll get 'er all fixed up. Those fenders are easy to swap, and a rattle can paint job will match well enough.

I always see pictures of Flaresides for sale with cracked and busted fenders and I always wonder, how'd they get that way?...lol.

Ray, time to throw in the towel and junk this truck. Not worth fixing. What's you're address again? I'll come over there and take it away for you so it's not so unsightly sitting in the driveway.

J/K! Sorry to hear man, seriously. If there's one thing that's fragile on these trucks, it's those fenders (oh, and the rotten wood floors I suppose...lol). I actually have a spare set of fenders...after all of the old parts that I sold, I've hung on to those fiberglass fenders just to have as spares.

Funny, I had some for sale ads saved for these fenders and just deleted them all the other day.

You'll get 'er all fixed up. Those fenders are easy to swap, and a rattle can paint job will match well enough.

Nice set in Kansas...shipping them wouldn't be easy (not without damaging them at least...)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2503898986607512/?surface=product_details

95293543_237225287716888_6932557470397104128_o.jpg.9dfece0ba600e8a510c768b4ce3fa789.jpg

That :nabble_smiley_cry: if you have the parts that broke off you can glass them back into place.

It is kind of what I did to install the rear filler door.

20180428_131438.jpg.12718ad7add633753b99989da686ddc1.jpg

20180428_174719.jpg.60516632ba2b4206298bf3affc1ace09.jpg

20180428_174803.jpg.7c3c30fea0358074b7c2ca12b795d6cd.jpg

I also had a few cracks I had to fix. I added mat to the back side to make it stronger and just a little rosin to the front side and finish with body filler.

Dave ----

That :nabble_smiley_cry: if you have the parts that broke off you can glass them back into place.

It is kind of what I did to install the rear filler door.

I also had a few cracks I had to fix. I added mat to the back side to make it stronger and just a little rosin to the front side and finish with body filler.

Dave ----

And what does Tire Discounters have to Say?

Sorry to see this... Like Cory, I have a set of Spares..