Bullnose Forums

C6 trans pan down, this dropped out.

Super glad you figured it out and no long term damage! :nabble_anim_jump:

I shouldn't have messed with it.

After replacing the leaky gasket I should have put that 35 year old fluid back and left the filter alone.

With transmissions, it is risky taking all of those particulates out.

Close call.

I shouldn't have messed with it.

After replacing the leaky gasket I should have put that 35 year old fluid back and left the filter alone.

With transmissions, it is risky taking all of those particulates out.

Close call.

Yes, glad you got it fixed. And I don't agree with the idea that replacing the fluid is bad. But we can agree to disagree. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I didnt know the converter had one.

Plus, old school I would rather transfer to clean ATF gradually.

Here is another use for the pump, re-filling is super easy.http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n63616/20200604_101848.jpg

I have one of those, kind of hit and miss whether they leak or not. I just got one of their Holt pumps for a deal and a half. Will hold 2.3 gallons. Can draw and refill the oil without getting on the creeper.

I didnt know the converter had one.

Plus, old school I would rather transfer to clean ATF gradually.

Here is another use for the pump, re-filling is super easy.http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n63616/20200604_101848.jpg

I have one of those, kind of hit and miss whether they leak or not. I just got one of their Holt pumps for a deal and a half. Will hold 2.3 gallons. Can draw and refill the oil without getting on the creeper.

Yeah, its typical harbor freight. Needless to say if they sold insulin I wouldnt buy it, but a 7.00 pump, sure, I am in my third one. Cheap is sometimes good enough.

Yes, glad you got it fixed. And I don't agree with the idea that replacing the fluid is bad. But we can agree to disagree. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I have to say, I'm with Gary on this one.

Stirring that mess up could clog some passages but if you were sucking wind because the filter wasn't tight, that would explain it.

ATF has friction modifiers so the bands engage smoothly and don't eat the drums or themselves.

Over time these molecules get torn apart and lose their effectiveness.

If everything is already scored up you may have problems, but not changing (because of some old wives tale) is definitely going to cause damage, long term.

I have to say, I'm with Gary on this one.

Stirring that mess up could clog some passages but if you were sucking wind because the filter wasn't tight, that would explain it.

ATF has friction modifiers so the bands engage smoothly and don't eat the drums or themselves.

Over time these molecules get torn apart and lose their effectiveness.

If everything is already scored up you may have problems, but not changing (because of some old wives tale) is definitely going to cause damage, long term.

Ah, very good info. Makes sense.