Bullnose Test Forum

C6 trans pan down, this dropped out.

Here ya go..............

That is a plug that is used in production to keep oil from coming out of the dipstick hole. When the dipstick tube is installed, it drops harmlessly into the pan. At the dealership level, we used it as a tattletale for deciding warranty repairs.

It means that no matter how old the transmission is, it's NEVER had the pan off or been serviced!

That is a plug that is used in production to keep oil from coming out of the dipstick hole. When the dipstick tube is installed, it drops harmlessly into the pan. At the dealership level, we used it as a tattletale for deciding warranty repairs.

It means that no matter how old the transmission is, it's NEVER had the pan off or been serviced!

Wow, that news couldn't possibly be better!!

20200603_122732.jpg.ba51d82f98141181266a0af4c5db67d5.jpg

20200603_121402.jpg.e6df559efa887edd292666ab314c86b8.jpg

20200603_121418.jpg.f42dec0c5a2e0d22b031dc5cc5822d6b.jpg

There was zero sludge in the pan.

It leaked from sitting for 10 years.

This is an real honest truck. Yes, I thought about how someone might be tempted to put that plug back in.

Not doing that!

I mean put a drain in the pan, while it's off.

I mean put a drain in the pan, while it's off.

2 late!

For the occasional 1/3 fluid change I can just use one of those harbor freight fluid transfer pumps. The work pretty well.

I did it old school. 12 ft lbs today, then 16 tomorrow.

2 late!

For the occasional 1/3 fluid change I can just use one of those harbor freight fluid transfer pumps. The work pretty well.

I did it old school. 12 ft lbs today, then 16 tomorrow.

Well, maybe it won't get opened up for another 36 years?!?!