Bullnose Forums

Wind noise suppression

Gary, thanks for posting that.

I may hold off on installing them till I have the AC working.

Would be funny to install them for wind noise but have all the windows and vents open to get cool air in the cab :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Would this be the ones referred to? The link to them over in the other post does not go anywhere at least for me. If they will help with wind noise and sealing from water getting in around the top weather stripping I need to definitely give them a try.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/trucks/weather-stripping/door-seals/e9tz-1520518-pr-top-of-door-seal

I do believe that is them.

Dave ----

I didn't realize there were more seals outside of the door frame seal. Are these just glued in place?

Some trucks have a hole in the door that a tab goes into. But most don't. In any case, they glue on and the tab just positions them.

I think I'm going to try finding some 7' length of self adhesive entry door weather stripping.

Very similar profile.

If the garage door bottom works so well on the hood, why not?

I think I'm going to try finding some 7' length of self adhesive entry door weather stripping.

Very similar profile.

Good idea! Let us know how it works if you try.

Very similar profile.

I need a hood gasket, what garage door bottom did you use?

My 84 has the gasket over the passenger door, but nothing on the driver side. Never thought much about it but I like the idea of the entrance door gasket, I have a piece stored in the garage. I will did it out and see how it works.

I need a hood gasket, what garage door bottom did you use?

My 84 has the gasket over the passenger door, but nothing on the driver side. Never thought much about it but I like the idea of the entrance door gasket, I have a piece stored in the garage. I will did it out and see how it works.

Our page here shows the garage door gasket I used: Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

Our page here shows the garage door gasket I used: Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

It might not be as good a match as I thought but for $7 I can afford to give it a try.

IMG_20200604_191546.thumb.jpg.fc676fb0d2e020e38766c65c3a0786dc.jpg

I'll trim off the fin and use some crazy acrylic adhesive double sided tape I already have.

Wipe the door clean with acetone or denatured alcohol and this stuff sticks like that aluminum foil duct tape.