Bullnose Forums

Water Leak

fords4life

I wonder if I could spray water into the cowl to see if it drains and maybe free up the flow by doing that. Or to snake the drain exit with a bass guitar string. From what I read there is only one drain canal and it's into the drivers side wheel well. Is that correct?

There's one on either side.

Pull the rubber boot off and the hole is 1-3/8 x 2(?)

Blow some water in from the bottom to loosen the sludge up and then hose it all out from the top.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one on either side.

Pull the rubber boot off and the hole is 1-3/8 x 2(?)

Blow some water in from the bottom to loosen the sludge up and then hose it all out from the top.

So I'll have to remove the plastic cover in the front wheel wells Correct? That seems easy enough. I'll do it.

Can I remove those without having to take the front wheels off?

So I'll have to remove the plastic cover in the front wheel wells Correct? That seems easy enough. I'll do it.

You don't need a whole lot of access.

Just take them loose at the bottom in the back.

Then it's easy enough to reach the rubber drains and pop them off.

I think I got it. I'ts been raining and i sealed the corner where the firewall the sidewall, and the floor meet, right behind where the sound insulation is A tiny rusty area. I spread Goop marine sealant over it. Seems to have worked. I don't want to turn this truck into a show truck. I just want it to last as long as I do. And i'm 67 so I should be fine with that LOL

I think I got it. I'ts been raining and i sealed the corner where the firewall the sidewall, and the floor meet, right behind where the sound insulation is A tiny rusty area. I spread Goop marine sealant over it. Seems to have worked. I don't want to turn this truck into a show truck. I just want it to last as long as I do. And i'm 67 so I should be fine with that LOL

There should be a vent panel or a cover plate in behind the kick panel.

Behind this is the pocket where the rubber cowl drain attaches from the bottom.

If you have water coming from the firewall/side panel/floor, that pocket is already rotted out and the water is not only getting into the cab, but into the cab support where the bushings bolt it down to the frame crossmember.

I realize you don't think it needs to hold up for too much longer.

I'm just saying that water in the cab is only a symptom of a deeper problem.

I wish I could find the pictures from when I cut this out to replace it.

It's pretty eye opening when you realize all the structure that passes through there.

That is the same place Darth was leaking, I found no sealer inside that vent area in the corner where the side, floor and firewall all join.

That is the same place Darth was leaking, I found no sealer inside that vent area in the corner where the side, floor and firewall all join.

Did you remove the rubber drains to get all the muck out?

Do you feel good about how you sealed the area from inside?

I did the best I could from the access panel and the cowl drain openings, but I still wish I had a better solution.