Bullnose Forums

Part broken off...

Hi guys, finally getting around to doing some much needed work on the truck and in the process of putting my valve covers back on after putting on new gaskets and a respray this part pictured just dropped off

IMG_20200526_152438.jpg.a24a2e9cd4d4961aaab2b5aa21c9e7c1.jpg

It seems to be a vent or exhaust from the engine block?? It's completely rusted out so I'm gonna need to replace it, I just can't seem to find what it's called!

IMG_20200526_1524262.jpg.680dbb8b2f94cfb83a8327bf7a7e8b1b.jpg

Thanks!

Rob.

Rob - The pic below is from our page on Documentation/Emissions/Thermactor Systems. And I think the part you are talking about 9A487.

Do you need to meet emission testing? If not, and I don't think you do since you are running the Edelbrock intake, you can remove the manifold that goes across the back of the engine and plug the holes in the head. If I remember correctly the holes are tapped 5/8-11 and you can get really short bolts, like 1/2" long, in there to plug the holes.

1980-85_1_orig.thumb.jpg.32fdcfbd0b5b153135adfaa1b75d84b1.jpg

Rob - The pic below is from our page on Documentation/Emissions/Thermactor Systems. And I think the part you are talking about 9A487.

Do you need to meet emission testing? If not, and I don't think you do since you are running the Edelbrock intake, you can remove the manifold that goes across the back of the engine and plug the holes in the head. If I remember correctly the holes are tapped 5/8-11 and you can get really short bolts, like 1/2" long, in there to plug the holes.

Ahh... I see! So would this have originally connected to the smog pump? My truck hasn't had a cat or a smog pump since I got it, so luckily there's no emmision check required for antique plates in Virginia!

Thanks for the swift reply Gary!

Ahh... I see! So would this have originally connected to the smog pump? My truck hasn't had a cat or a smog pump since I got it, so luckily there's no emmision check required for antique plates in Virginia!

That might be the elusive " Canoota Valve " :nabble_smiley_happy:

, in my neck of the woods anyway . :nabble_smiley_what: Cheers

That might be the elusive " Canoota Valve " :nabble_smiley_happy:

, in my neck of the woods anyway . :nabble_smiley_what: Cheers

You can also buy these to block off and provide a 7/16 thread , speedway motors EGR Plug Part # 5775804

Cheers Vaughn.

Be glad it broke off above the check valve, or you would have a new (unmuffled) exhaust pipe under the hood!

Be glad it broke off above the check valve, or you would have a new (unmuffled) exhaust pipe under the hood!

AKA F4ZZ-6E086-A in my world. Should be able to get them at any Ford dealer or engine parts supplier. They're used to plug the thermactor holes at the front of the heads, and the back on engines that don't have it.

AKA F4ZZ-6E086-A in my world. Should be able to get them at any Ford dealer or engine parts supplier. They're used to plug the thermactor holes at the front of the heads, and the back on engines that don't have it.

I've always been curious on this when I see people reference putting plugs in the head holes. Was it all of them except the 460 that were threaded?

This is the .666" cupped welch plug, or a short bolt?