Bullnose Forums

1983/84 DK Harbor Blue - correct shade of blue PARTIALLY solved. Need Carpet code

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n64547/IMG_20200613_181900150.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n64547/IMG_20200613_182636530.jpg

Digging up all kinds of old threads today!

Troy, you painted both the dash and dash pad with the Dark Harbor Blue, correct?

I'm planning to paint my AC dash soon (it is currently a tan from 1986).

My god that interior is gorgeous!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n64547/IMG_20200613_181900150.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n64547/IMG_20200613_182636530.jpg

Digging up all kinds of old threads today!

Troy, you painted both the dash and dash pad with the Dark Harbor Blue, correct?

I'm planning to paint my AC dash soon (it is currently a tan from 1986).

My god that interior is gorgeous!

I painted the Dash, kick panels, headliner trim, seat belt trim and lower door cards. The door panels were previously refinished by a prior owner, so I touched up some areas and it looked good enough to leave the rest alone. The plastic dash below the dash pad also required some little touch ups, and then I couldn't spot the repairs with the paint I used so I left the rest alone. I don't know when/if that dash area was resprayed by a PO. In any event, everything matches beautifully so I'm happy. Here's an updated photo without the blanket seat cover.

IMG_20200910_163212254.jpg.3787fa572fd6094fd57a04cde25f441e.jpg

IMG_20200910_163325816.jpg.e4ec93c8f0d56725072f2c5c5e01dfd6.jpg

I painted the Dash, kick panels, headliner trim, seat belt trim and lower door cards. The door panels were previously refinished by a prior owner, so I touched up some areas and it looked good enough to leave the rest alone. The plastic dash below the dash pad also required some little touch ups, and then I couldn't spot the repairs with the paint I used so I left the rest alone. I don't know when/if that dash area was resprayed by a PO. In any event, everything matches beautifully so I'm happy. Here's an updated photo without the blanket seat cover.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 3 months later...

Just checked ACC versus rock auto - there’s over a 130 dollar difference for the same product :nabble_smiley_oh:. Jeepers!

With Rock less expensive, right? That's frequently true where a manufacturer has an agreement to keep their prices high so the outlets can make a profit.

But when dealing with Rock Auto make SURE you are getting what you need as returns are painful. And check the product IMMEDIATELY when it comes in as there are been several instances of not getting the right ACC product of late, and you only have a limited time to return it. Rock is NOT easy to deal with.

Just checked ACC versus rock auto - there’s over a 130 dollar difference for the same product :nabble_smiley_oh:. Jeepers!

And you know, RockAuto is making a profit, even at $130 less. :nabble_smiley_uh:

And really all they do is take the order, because they're drop shipping from the factory anyhow.

But when dealing with Rock Auto make SURE you are getting what you need as returns are painful. And check the product IMMEDIATELY when it comes in as there are been several instances of not getting the right ACC product of late, and you only have a limited time to return it. Rock is NOT easy to deal with.

I remember reading about that on this site, which makes me nervous to by product from them, but at half the price it seems worth the risk.

I remember reading about that on this site, which makes me nervous to by product from them, but at half the price it seems worth the risk.

It is worth it. Just make sure you are ordering the right thing and check it when it comes in to be sure it is what you ordered.

It is worth it. Just make sure you are ordering the right thing and check it when it comes in to be sure it is what you ordered.

I guess I'm going to be stuck paying full retail...ugh. RockAuto doesn't list the #7879 color in the 1987-1996 floor pattern (which I need for the 5spd tunnel cover). Bugger.