Bullnose Forums

1983/84 DK Harbor Blue - correct shade of blue PARTIALLY solved. Need Carpet code

Ordered some samples. Curious if anybody has ordered the ESSEX cut pile with mass backing. I'm concerned with getting the carpet to fit under the door sill contours.

Did you receive your samples yet? Mine just arrived in the mail today, and I think the #7879 is the closest match of the bunch. Curious what your take was. I'll have to get Mrs. Rembrant to weigh in on the selection later as well.

7879 is the one. Installed my carpet today. Pics to come later.

I've ordered ACC carpet at least 3 times in the past and it's been a nightmare every time with my Mustangs. This was a pleasant surprise today. I got the mass backing as I always do. I didn't have to even trim this carpet! Went right in!

I ordered it through Rock Auto on Monday and installed it on Saturday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory - I shared a link to this thread with Robin at Vinyl Pro and she said if you want to give her your postal code info she can give you a good idea what shipping would cost. In fact, she said "For example a three pound package shipped to Burlington, Ontario L7L7B3 would be approximately $30.00. A quart of Color Coat weighs about three pounds."

Gary,

I spoke to Robin and ordered up a quart of Dark Harbor Blue. She was SUPER nice and helpful. I bought their cleaner/prep product and a Preval kit with an extra power head. I was hoping to not have to remove my door panels again lol, but seeing the pictures/colors in this thread I almost had to...lol.

It'll be a week or more before it gets here (coming by UPS ground) but I'm super excited to try it out.

Thanks to 66gtk for starting this thread and sharing the pictures of his work. Excellent stuff.

Like I need any help spending my money...:nabble_smiley_grin::nabble_anim_handshake::nabble_anim_claps:

IMG_20200613_134513002_HDR.jpg.690df9ebc279e05428793ab6265b57fb.jpg

IMG_20200613_150925649_HDR.jpg.c1cd847f65e7b18933ed36e6bab77a5f.jpg

IMG_20200613_181900150.jpg.af08e8ff88597b77752f758a7477f00f.jpg

IMG_20200613_182636530.jpg.36054f29d0d898a0626f486d2d88be93.jpg

Wow! That sure looks great. I was thinking about doing the same thing to my Bronco. Im hoping it will turn out that good too...……………….good job sir.

Yes, it looks wonderful! Glad you found the right #. I need to capture that somewhere.....

Yes, that does look really nice. Good job, 66gtk!

I have found that the only way to get the shade right, is to use the correct color! When you try to use any of the generic colors in a can, it never really looks right. The factory colors are more unique, and give off different shades under certain light conditions that can't be matched with the generic colors.

I also used custom-mixed SEM Canyon Red paint for my interior, and applied it using the Preval spray gun. It is very easy to apply with no mixing and gives nice, professional results. I just repainted the interior on my 1998 Jeep Wrangler using the same method.

I also used the mass-backed (Essex) replacement carpet from ACC on Lucille. I still had my factory carpet, and this extra weight carpet more closely matched the weight of the original carpet Ford used. For extra sound deadening, I used Dynomat underneath the carpet. If you are making a list Gary, the correct color red carpet for the 1984 - 1986 trucks is the Maple/Canyon red.

Yes, that does look really nice. Good job, 66gtk!

I have found that the only way to get the shade right, is to use the correct color! When you try to use any of the generic colors in a can, it never really looks right. The factory colors are more unique, and give off different shades under certain light conditions that can't be matched with the generic colors.

I also used custom-mixed SEM Canyon Red paint for my interior, and applied it using the Preval spray gun. It is very easy to apply with no mixing and gives nice, professional results. I just repainted the interior on my 1998 Jeep Wrangler using the same method.

I also used the mass-backed (Essex) replacement carpet from ACC on Lucille. I still had my factory carpet, and this extra weight carpet more closely matched the weight of the original carpet Ford used. For extra sound deadening, I used Dynomat underneath the carpet. If you are making a list Gary, the correct color red carpet for the 1984 - 1986 trucks is the Maple/Canyon red.

Ok, I've captured what we have said so far here: Documentation/Interior/Carpet. If we have more examples please let me know.

Rick - Can you point me to a picture in the forum of your carpet? I can add a link to it.

Later I may add a spreadsheet as the list gets more complex.

Ordered some samples. Curious if anybody has ordered the ESSEX cut pile with mass backing. I'm concerned with getting the carpet to fit under the door sill contours.

Is that what you ended up ordering? Or something different?

Is that what you ended up ordering? Or something different?

Essex not available with color needed. I used cutpile mass backed. Installation was easy. No cutting except for holes.