Bullnose Forums

1983/84 DK Harbor Blue - correct shade of blue PARTIALLY solved. Need Carpet code

• T-Case Shift Lever: I am going with the through-the-cover 1980-87 shift lever, so if I buy an "87-96" carpet I'd better get one for a 2wd and cut my own hole as one for a 4wd would have it in the wrong spot.

Correct?

You have to cut the holes for the shifters regardless, there are no cutlines on any of the carpets on the transmission tunnel area.

I'd better get one for a 2wd and cut my own hole as one for a 4wd would have it in the wrong spot.

Correct?

• Colors: I'm lost with picking the right color. Cory, in this pic you show samples but don't say which is which. Can you clarify?

Gary, I don't think it matters as the 2wd and 4x4 carpets will be made on the same mold. You have to cut all the shifter holes and high beam button hole, seat bolt holes, etc.

I'll get the sample numbers of those carpets samples for you.

Im a simple man.

IDK, but from what I can see, I like 'blue' blue.

If there was a bleu I would probably go with that... 😉

Well, thanks guys. I think. Shaun says 2wd for sure. Cory says "I don't think it matters...". And Rob says it doesn't matter. :nabble_anim_confused: (:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:)

On the other hand, ACC's site makes you choose if it is 2wd or 4wd, and RA has differing part numbers for 2wd vs 4wd. So obviously this will be a question for them tomorrow.

Let's talk seat belts though. Are the '87 and later seat belts, not the shoulder belts, in the same location as the Bullnose ones? IOW, if there are holes, which there may not be, they'd be in the same spots?

And, where does the "curtain", meaning the carpet on the back wall, attach?

As for color, a dark blue would be fine. Maybe the Midnight Blue. I'm probably going to have to ask for samples.

Well, thanks guys. I think. Shaun says 2wd for sure. Cory says "I don't think it matters...". And Rob says it doesn't matter. :nabble_anim_confused: (:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:)

On the other hand, ACC's site makes you choose if it is 2wd or 4wd, and RA has differing part numbers for 2wd vs 4wd. So obviously this will be a question for them tomorrow.

Let's talk seat belts though. Are the '87 and later seat belts, not the shoulder belts, in the same location as the Bullnose ones? IOW, if there are holes, which there may not be, they'd be in the same spots?

As for color, a dark blue would be fine. Maybe the Midnight Blue. I'm probably going to have to ask for samples.

Well, I just got off the phone with Kendra at ACC. She really knows her stuff, but I almost drowned in all the information. Let me try to document some of it:

• Mass Backing: It is available on either Cut Pile or Essex, but you don't see it as an option until the very last step in the check out process

• Colors: Their color names have nothing to do with factory color names. So just because they call one color Regatta Blue doesn't mean that it matches Ford's Regatta Blue. And, Cut Pile colors are completely different than Essex colors. In fact, the Essex colors were never offered by Ford. For example, you can order Midnight Blue in carpet for a '78, an '85, and a '96. It'll be the same color, but it will not match anything Ford offered.

• Holes: There are no holes cut in any of the carpets.

• 2wd vs 4wd: She said that there are differences in the floor pans for 2wd vs 4wd. Apparently she is including the transmission cover in "floor pan" as an auto-transmissioned 4wd truck has a transmission cover that an auto-transmissioned 2wd truck does not have, so I'm guessing that's what the difference is. But, she said there are other differences between the 80/86 and the 87/96 floor pans, like the foot wells and the risers for the seats. And given those differences an '87/96 carpet is not going to fit a Bullnose truck perfectly.

• Curtain: The fact that they don't offer a curtain, or back-wall carpet for the Bullnose truck while they do for the 87-96 trucks means that something changed between the two cabs. She doesn't know what changed, but the 87/96 curtain won't be a perfect fit in a Bullnose truck, which is why they don't offer it. But it may work fine - she doesn't know.

So, I have them sending 5 blue samples: 839 Federal Blue; 8082 Crystal Blue; 9304 Regatta Blue; 7766 Blue; and 1044A Midnight Blue. All but the latter are Cut Pile colors as they are the only ones that will match the factory color. Midnight Blue is the Essex color.

So, now I'm going to beaver away and get the "insulation" in so I can lay the original carpet in and see how well/poorly it fits. :nabble_smiley_super:

Well, I just got off the phone with Kendra at ACC. She really knows her stuff, but I almost drowned in all the information. Let me try to document some of it:

• Mass Backing: It is available on either Cut Pile or Essex, but you don't see it as an option until the very last step in the check out process

• Colors: Their color names have nothing to do with factory color names. So just because they call one color Regatta Blue doesn't mean that it matches Ford's Regatta Blue. And, Cut Pile colors are completely different than Essex colors. In fact, the Essex colors were never offered by Ford. For example, you can order Midnight Blue in carpet for a '78, an '85, and a '96. It'll be the same color, but it will not match anything Ford offered.

• Holes: There are no holes cut in any of the carpets.

• 2wd vs 4wd: She said that there are differences in the floor pans for 2wd vs 4wd. Apparently she is including the transmission cover in "floor pan" as an auto-transmissioned 4wd truck has a transmission cover that an auto-transmissioned 2wd truck does not have, so I'm guessing that's what the difference is. But, she said there are other differences between the 80/86 and the 87/96 floor pans, like the foot wells and the risers for the seats. And given those differences an '87/96 carpet is not going to fit a Bullnose truck perfectly.

• Curtain: The fact that they don't offer a curtain, or back-wall carpet for the Bullnose truck while they do for the 87-96 trucks means that something changed between the two cabs. She doesn't know what changed, but the 87/96 curtain won't be a perfect fit in a Bullnose truck, which is why they don't offer it. But it may work fine - she doesn't know.

So, I have them sending 5 blue samples: 839 Federal Blue; 8082 Crystal Blue; 9304 Regatta Blue; 7766 Blue; and 1044A Midnight Blue. All but the latter are Cut Pile colors as they are the only ones that will match the factory color. Midnight Blue is the Essex color.

So, now I'm going to beaver away and get the "insulation" in so I can lay the original carpet in and see how well/poorly it fits. :nabble_smiley_super:

I think the only thing that changed in the back of the cab for '87 was the corner cover trim, because the retractors moved from the floor to the B pillar.

I may be wrong, but I think the step and cab wall are identical.

I'll take a picture of how the back wall 'curtain' is on my truck.

Eta: I always thought it odd that my truck had a rubber mat and carpet back there, but..