Bullnose Forums

1983/84 DK Harbor Blue - correct shade of blue PARTIALLY solved. Need Carpet code

Ordered some samples.

If you have carpet now, can you please let us know what ACC sample matches up the best? My truck is an '84 with the Dark Harbor Blue interior, but NO carpet, so I'd also love to know what color to order.

PS: How did you like using the Preval kit? I honestly hadn't heard of this until a couple weeks ago when I was talking to the SEM paint guy up here.

Your pictures make it obvious for me that I really need to order the Harbor Blue paint. Nothing else matches it. Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered some samples.

If you have carpet now, can you please let us know what ACC sample matches up the best? My truck is an '84 with the Dark Harbor Blue interior, but NO carpet, so I'd also love to know what color to order.

PS: How did you like using the Preval kit? I honestly hadn't heard of this until a couple weeks ago when I was talking to the SEM paint guy up here.

Your pictures make it obvious for me that I really need to order the Harbor Blue paint. Nothing else matches it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to start this work soon (this past week has been a bathroom remodel instead.. sigh), so thanks to all of you for sharing this info! I'll be using the Dark Harbor Blue SEM as well, it looks great.

I'll be following this thread for updates on the carpet, that comes next!

-Chris

I'm going to start this work soon (this past week has been a bathroom remodel instead.. sigh), so thanks to all of you for sharing this info! I'll be using the Dark Harbor Blue SEM as well, it looks great.

I'll be following this thread for updates on the carpet, that comes next!

-Chris

I don't have any carpet, so I'll just have to match it to taste/eye with what looks best. It's hard to tell on the tiny tiny samples they usually send, though. My truck came with a rubber mat originally, but I can no longer justify saving it as the condition isn't up to snuff with the rest of the interior now.

I don't have any carpet, so I'll just have to match it to taste/eye with what looks best. It's hard to tell on the tiny tiny samples they usually send, though. My truck came with a rubber mat originally, but I can no longer justify saving it as the condition isn't up to snuff with the rest of the interior now.

I'm glad I ripped out my original vinyl floor. The driver's side floor is unscathed - original paint looks great! passenger side must have had a leaky heater core or something. The padding must have got wet under the vinyl and the floor was just starting to surface rust. I cleaned it up with some scotch brite wire wheel pad, and then treated the area with rust converter. I'll spot paint this before installing new carpet. Caught it well in time before any damage set in.

yes, this is what a factory CA truck floor looks like. Computer under the seat on the left side, and I presume that is extra bagged insulation on the right side over the catalytic converter area for extra heat insulation?

IMG_20200525_111301781.jpg.91be1fe98b141e8e1857c2aef214106b.jpg

IMG_20200525_111335120.jpg.33630008f4ab065cbb5867193b5ecf97.jpg

IMG_20200525_115633098_HDR.jpg.cd0a72077d05465b1050dc828f892da3.jpg

I'm glad I ripped out my original vinyl floor. The driver's side floor is unscathed - original paint looks great! passenger side must have had a leaky heater core or something. The padding must have got wet under the vinyl and the floor was just starting to surface rust. I cleaned it up with some scotch brite wire wheel pad, and then treated the area with rust converter. I'll spot paint this before installing new carpet. Caught it well in time before any damage set in.

yes, this is what a factory CA truck floor looks like. Computer under the seat on the left side, and I presume that is extra bagged insulation on the right side over the catalytic converter area for extra heat insulation?

you can see how/why the floor was wet based on the crack locations in the flooring.

IMG_20200524_204121073.jpg.65e798ce12846dcad400800d0386f4a0.jpg

...I presume that is extra bagged insulation on the right side over the catalytic converter area for extra heat insulation?

Yes sir. My '84 had the same bagged insulation over the exhaust. I threw it away as it was kind of rotten. I have the same vinyl floor as well, although mine does not extend down the sides of the seat like yours.

I plan to put the full carpet in mine is well, more for sound deadening than anything else.

Man your dash looks great! I will have to get myself some Dark Harbor Blue later on. Well done.

Ordered some samples.

Cory - I shared a link to this thread with Robin at Vinyl Pro and she said if you want to give her your postal code info she can give you a good idea what shipping would cost. In fact, she said "For example a three pound package shipped to Burlington, Ontario L7L7B3 would be approximately $30.00. A quart of Color Coat weighs about three pounds."

Cory - I shared a link to this thread with Robin at Vinyl Pro and she said if you want to give her your postal code info she can give you a good idea what shipping would cost. In fact, she said "For example a three pound package shipped to Burlington, Ontario L7L7B3 would be approximately $30.00. A quart of Color Coat weighs about three pounds."

Gary,

I will do just that, thank you.

I have the plastics and dash color down. I have ordered a quart of SEM color coat in Dark Harbor Blue - code 3042. I strongly recommend doing this and not purchasing cans of paint. It's far more economical to buy a quart if you are going to redo the entire interior. The Preval sprayer works great!!

Out of curiosity, what did you do to prepare the dash pad for painting?

The quart of paint they sent you can be dumped directly into the preval jar and off you go? No mixing or anything?

I actually have a paint gun, so I guess I could use it also?

Can anybody help me figure out which blue is correct for my truck??

ACC 7879 Blue

ACC 8082 Crystal Blue

ACC 9304 Regatta Blue

If you select the Cutpile option, it sure does give you more options for blue...might help to compare if they're all on the same page. I guess it doesn't matter because if you're going with the Essex, your options are not nearly as wide...

cutpile1.jpg.06d12d072b8e49d1836a4d2027003a55.jpg

cutpile2.jpg.4580a189a05e8884c2b705c666bf3c96.jpg

cutpile3.jpg.960962525f440a8b52acbd188d51085a.jpg

img-7119-zpsf9bb40d4_orig.jpg.ef61fe4cf59659a29e230277ff0ec1c4.jpg

img-7123-zps7fa490aa_orig.jpg.1bf19ac2194bcc5ab9c453423468b2c3.jpg

img-7145-zps420b0ac6_orig.jpg.1dff63a4cfc7f1d61bebb5b934a3bbcd.jpg