Bullnose Forums

Cleaning Out An Old Fuel Tank

Bruno2

This is how you clean fuel tanks LOL

If you have a tank you cannot get a replacement for I do know of a service that will cut it open clean the inside, weld it back up and they coat the inside, bake it, coat & bake a 2nd time then coat the outside and bake. Had it done to my 70 Javelin as they do not make a take for it and both of mine had rust holes.

Dave ----

That is funny fuzz.

I have a similar method to clean my K&N air filters. I have an old plastic chlorine drum that is like 15 gallons with a screw on lid. I put the fiters in with a lot of Dawn and hot water. Then I bungee it to the headache rack on my flatbed 3/4 ton Whitey. I drive around with it on there for about a week. Then rinse and repeat with clean water. Hang it out to dry for a couple days and oil it when it is dry. I keep them in plastic bags in the boxes they came in. I always keep two filters for each truck so that I can cycle them out.

Ok, So I have a 1982 F 150 Super Cab with the 155" wheelbase.

According to the link you sent My Aft Axle tank is a 19 gallon E0TZ 9002-D

My midship tank should be a 19 gallon E3TZ 9002-M.

If anybody sees something contradictory let me know please.

Thank you!

I agree with your numbers. Don't know about Dorman vs Spectra.

I've used the Spectra tanks with good results. Would not be at all surprised if they make the Dorman tank. They are a leader in tank production.

Applications are best found on the Spectra site. Much better than trying to figure out what is on the Rock Auto or other jobber sites.

http://ecat.spectrapremium.com/

I've used the Spectra tanks with good results. Would not be at all surprised if they make the Dorman tank. They are a leader in tank production.

Applications are best found on the Spectra site. Much better than trying to figure out what is on the Rock Auto or other jobber sites.

http://ecat.spectrapremium.com/

I have one Spectra and one ???? tank that I've bought through 'The Radiator Connection' eBay as they are in Hartford (about 80 miles from me)

I would never consider a vendor who did not include shipping in their price.

I will second that, we just had the tank on the Chevstang done because it had set for probably 6 years with a damn near full tank of the lovely Iowa corn farmer's blend in it. Just a bit yucky.

Looking in through the hole the Camaro pump goes in.

The Ford gauge sender sitting in the remainder after draining the tank through the drain plug.

The Camaro EFI pump that was in the tank.

Looks normal to me :nabble_smiley_grin: