Bullnose Forums

Dome light

That was a good story and movie , I have a mate who has converted a 1400 cc road bike into a rat bike /off road racer for the Burt Munro challenge , for post to post beach racing , (They sell very cool vintage style T-shirts ) id say well be there next year . Cheers Vaughn.

Can anyone recommend a a Part number for a LED Map light lamp, (bulbs grow in the ground :nabble_anim_blbl: ) that has the light on the end rather than the sides ? Cheers Vaughn.

Can anyone recommend a a Part number for a LED Map light lamp, (bulbs grow in the ground :nabble_anim_blbl: ) that has the light on the end rather than the sides ? Cheers Vaughn.

Mr Ardwrkntrk have you still got bikes , I have a few still , 4 x TL250s and a GL1000 goldwing !

Hi , you just need some nylon, and with some patience you could hacksaw these up , the angle on the isolator i dont have measurements for you have to guess that , there maybe a left and a right for that ? , but definiatly trim the flats to around 12 mm ,as shown to fit into light recess , i got a good push in fit into roof support , hacksaw down to flange , so that when you screw it up tight to top will flare open , i gave up on my terminals and fitted this style . The lower flange was just what i measured off the light , i didnt notice that the earth screw had a raised boss so you can alter thickness to suit , mine screwed up good , i pulled the wires through the square holes and put them on the terminal. Im using a T10 LED . Hope this helps , not sure if you have a different style light but this might help . Cheers Vaughn.

Nice job! Thanks for the drawing and explanation.

I ran into the same issue with my supercab. Ended up going through 5 different jy supercabs until I found a harness that wasn't bad but I still epoxied around them to help strengthen them. Terrible design unless you never have to touch it.

As for the light, I left the factory ones in mine as I couldn't find a replacement I was happy with. I did read in a thread somewhere that someone removed the lenses and found some domed led bulbs that supposedly fit in there pretty well.

Nice job! Thanks for the drawing and explanation.

I ran into the same issue with my supercab. Ended up going through 5 different jy supercabs until I found a harness that wasn't bad but I still epoxied around them to help strengthen them. Terrible design unless you never have to touch it.

As for the light, I left the factory ones in mine as I couldn't find a replacement I was happy with. I did read in a thread somewhere that someone removed the lenses and found some domed led bulbs that supposedly fit in there pretty well.

Also you can get a clear lens (it has a crisscross pattern in it) for the main dome light. I replaced mine with one when I swapped in the led and the combination was significantly brighter than stock.

Mr Ardwrkntrk have you still got bikes , I have a few still , 4 x TL250s and a GL1000 goldwing !

I gave my last bike (a BMW mutt) to my friends son after my divorce and I needed to vacate the house & garage.

Was great for road trips, and steady in turns, but not quick handling.

What type of base are the map light sockets?

T-10 wedge, or some kind of small bayonet?

I gave my last bike (a BMW mutt) to my friends son after my divorce and I needed to vacate the house & garage.

Was great for road trips, and steady in turns, but not quick handling.

What type of base are the map light sockets?

T-10 wedge, or some kind of small bayonet?

They are 1156 i think , i just been searching and found some with a good head of LEDs and also found another T10 for the center which resembles the starship enterprise, :nabble_smiley_good:dont know if they will fit yet :nabble_anim_confused: but hopefully. Some of those 1156 styles are expensive . Cheers Vaughn

They are 1156 i think , i just been searching and found some with a good head of LEDs and also found another T10 for the center which resembles the starship enterprise, :nabble_smiley_good:dont know if they will fit yet :nabble_anim_confused: but hopefully. Some of those 1156 styles are expensive . Cheers Vaughn

The starship Enterprise is the kind Luke used in Big Blackie. That design is odd enough it sticks with you. That may be the same thread as the map light conversation also. Its over on FTE. Interested in your results.

I had some rear firing 1156 lamps in my backup lights for a while.

They weren't the best for that application, and so 'cool' that they were offputting to me.

But they shouldn't be too hard to find.

I don't have the fancy interior light, so I can't try them for fit.

• 3 years later...

I would definitely like to figure out a more reliable solution to those connectors. I am not sure what you carved the insulator out of. Example?

However, those connectors are still available under Standard Motor Products S2238—more spendy, and ridiculously so? Pending on where you get, yes. And it may take a little dremel action to fit the receiver sqaure hole as that sizes changed throughout the years.

I would definitely like to figure out a more reliable solution to those connectors. I am not sure what you carved the insulator out of. Example?

However, those connectors are still available under Standard Motor Products S2238—more spendy, and ridiculously so? Pending on where you get, yes. And it may take a little dremel action to fit the receiver sqaure hole as that sizes changed throughout the years.

I just made them out of black nylon , but anything like that will work ,they just spread open when the screw goes in , never had any more trouble with it , when your fitting a BULB it can spark to earth and blow a fuse or damage your dash circuit board , battery disconnect could be better .cheers .